“Visit, but keep it short and lock your wallet.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Independent Shopping Tour of London with Private Driver
Ranked #5 of 706 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: From a small grocery store in Piccadilly in 1707, has grown a celebrated store with an international reputation for the exclusivity and quality of the products it sells. Fortnum's Food Hall is an irresistible display of gourmet pleasures, from chocolates and biscuits to smoked salmon and Stilton, vintage marmalade and seasonal produce. Passionate about provenance, we are proud to recommend every jar, spoonful and slice for our hungry customers.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Visit, but keep it short and lock your wallet.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

You probably should visit--but only for a few minutes so that you can say you've been there--because only in London can you have fairy dust sprinkled in a little box, wrapped with a bow and be charged an absolutely outrageous price. Actually, just outrageous would have probably been okay. If you've just won the lottery, inherited a billion or so, or have more money than brains, you'd still be better served to throw it off the roof and watch the show below. Adding insult to injury, my family roped me into afternoon tea. The waitress was indifferent to rude and didn't know anything about the teas themselves, among other issues. The bathrooms are hard to find and not particularly clean. I gave it one "circle" because I'm not sure whether none counts as a review. Also, it does give me some memories from my trip, although they usually pop up in the middle of the night in a dream that leaves me drenched in sweat.

Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Delicacies of the empire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The wondeland of Tea lovers.A staff always there to help with every enquiry. If you like also coffee, just go. You will not forget that shopping experience.

Visited July 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Lovely store, but very disappointing shopping experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

When my husband and I planned our trip to London, Fortnum & Mason was one of the "must see" places on our list. The experience was very mixed. The store itself is lovely and old-school. The employees were helpful, and the items they carry are generally unique, much of it made in the U.K., which we loved. The store was decorated for the holidays and gorgeous. It really was the kind of in-store experience that we wish there were more of these days... authentic, something for everyone in terms of price, a unique shopping experience that you can't get anywhere else. The assortment of foods was mixed... most of what we bought in their prepared food section was delicious, although a few items were underwhelming. The online shopping experience after our visit, however, was outrageously bad. I could write a book here about my efforts to bring my family back in the States a taste of F&M by ordering some things from them online... I never got the products due to poor attention to detail on their end, a $300 charge for the items remained on my credit card for months during which I struggled to get their attention about this, and for my trouble they sent me 20-pound gift card good only in the London store (I live in the United States... the likelihood of my using this in the near future was slim, so I gave it to a friend who was planning a trip there.). I would definitely go back to the store, but am wary of shopping online with them again.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Aimee F
Ringmer, United Kingdom
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Treat yourself at the Queen's grocers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We visited Fortnum & Mason as a daytime entertainment for our wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the impressive decor & layout of the shop, the ultra high quality merchandise, and the exquisite service. We bought a lot, mostly food items: some gifts, some for our wedding anniversary picnic, and some longer term items like teas and marmalade. We spent a total of £150. All items were fabulous, and way above even the quality you'd get at the usual high end M&S or Waitrose. All highly recommended. And if you think it's expensive, just treat it as an entertainment rather than as a grocery shop. We'll be back, and soon.

Visited May 2014
London
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Another dissapointing British food outlet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Food Was average and expensive, nothing special in all honesty I thought I was going to have a taste orgasm but instead had a premature disappointment.

2 Thank Muslim101