“birthday celebration”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$75.61*
and up
Independent Shopping Tour of London with Private...
Ranked #23 of 850 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: From a small grocery store in Piccadilly in 1707, has grown a celebrated store with an international reputation for the exclusivity and quality of the products it sells. Fortnum's Food Hall is an irresistible display of gourmet pleasures, from chocolates and biscuits to smoked salmon and Stilton, vintage marmalade and seasonal produce. Passionate about provenance, we are proud to recommend every jar, spoonful and slice for our hungry customers.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I treated my wife to a lovely afternoon tea and we wasn't disappointed. The setting, staff and management were great, very friendly and helpful. We had a slight glitch and they responded in a friendly and efficient way. My wife has a special diet and the choices were amazing and they made her birthday a great celebration.
I would highly recommend this amazing experience. Well done and thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,459)
All reviews
"gallery restaurant"
in 49 reviews
"lemon curd"
in 43 reviews
"diamond jubilee tea salon"
"finger sandwiches"
in 25 reviews
"gifts"
in 157 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have visited Fortnum & Mason for several reasons: shopping for food items, dining, and then general shopping.

On our April visit to London, we were back, and this time, it was shopping for teas, to bring back to friends in the USA.

As with many things, Fortnum & Masons does not just carry a few teas, but tons, and tons of teas! Being more “coffee people,” we were, as usual, overwhelmed. However, and also as per usual, a friendly salesperson was at hand, to assist. In this case, I think that we got the pre-eminent “tea expert” on the Planet. She was a fount of knowledge, and freely shared it. In a few minutes, she had discerned my wife’s exact needs, the tastes of the recipients, and had several teas (tailor chosen for each recipient) packaged up. This all was exactly what my wife wanted, but my eyes were starting to glaze over. However, I fully appreciated that my wife’s friends would get the ultimate tea, chosen specifically for them.

Fortnum & Mason is an amazing store, with amazing people working there. The knowledge of the salespeople always amazes me, and they dispense this advice in a most friendly manner. Yes, many of the selections are just overwhelming, but then, that is part of the fun.

As a P.S., I used some of the info, which I overheard in the tea purchase, to amaze the “tea guru,” at the Inn at Little Washington, where we dined, upon return from London. He was amazed at “how smart about teas,” I had become, since our last visit to that hotel/restaurant. So, Fortnum & Mason, can also offer one an educations, on certain things.

2  Thank The_Loup_Garou
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is a gem. Roy grocers! The assistants wear stripped trousers and black tails
Their own brand is first class try their chocolates and chutneys....onion

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I love this place it’s so pretty! The store is filled with lots and lots of goodies. I’m a tea fan and love experimenting.