“see how the other half lives”
Review of Harrods

Ranked #82 of 1,694 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Harrods remains at the height of British luxury retail, attracting millions of loyal customers from across the globe with its unrivalled product selection, world-class service, innovative retail theatre and historic setting. The store was opened in 1849 by Charles Henry Harrod as an expansion of his humble East End grocery and tea business. Today, it is one of the most distinguished names in the world. Seven floors and 330 departments showcase the best of luxury merchandise, from high-end fashion and accessories to the finest homewares and the latest technology. There are 28 restaurants in-store; we continue to enhance our portfolio with Galvin Demoiselle, Bentley's Sea Grill, and the institution that is The Georgian. Customers enjoy a wealth of exclusive services, such as By Appointment Personal Shopping and The Penthouse, a private suite dedicated to unsurpassed bespoke service in a beautiful environment. Other departments include the Urban Retreat at Harrods spa, a theatre ticket bureau, and The Studio, the store's interior-design service. Qatar Holding acquired the business in 2010, and it continues to guide - and invest strongly in - the store according to its philosophy: Anything is possible. Harrods continuously seeks to surpass the desires and expectations of its customers, staying true to its original motto: Omnia omnibus ubique (everything for everyone, everywhere). Harrods is located on Brompton Road, near the Knightsbridge London Underground station.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Can't afford almost anything in there, but it's a great place to see some really exclusive clothes, furniture and gadgets that rich people buy. Plus I loved the pet store at the top floor. Also, a nice memorial of Diana and Dodi.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Visited only briefly on our walk from the Natural History Museum to Buckingham Palace. Would have liked to stay and have a proper look around but were pressed for time and I was determined to get something from Tiffany&Co out of my husband. All staff however were very friendly and I enjoyed looking at the Prada exhibition currently on. Will go back when we have more time.

1  Thank Sera P
Harrods_Manager, Manager at Harrods, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

It was such a delight to receive your feedback regarding your recent but brief visit to Harrods. We look forward to welcoming you back to the store in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I thought the whole shopping experience was a bit disappointing although the excellent staff are
attentive and helpful the whole store has got very dated and it needs a good overall upgrade. It is very old fashioned in presentation and dire in decoration. Prices reflected the "Harrods" product and individual one off item.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Yep its expensive ,£10 to leave a suitcase ,but they do give you a voucher to spend instore (provided you spend £50 in 1 transaction) I witnessed 2 arguments with staff over this confusion so beware ,also my other half had problems redeeming it So I would suggest not taking any luggage if you visit .The Harrods gift shop has been moved to the 2nd floor presumably so you get lost trying to find it like we did and that you might buy something else en route .I just wanted to show my partner what it was like ,so visit the food hall and all its sections .As others have said its massive and if you do venture round it you'll see how over inflated certain items are ,but I assume that people are prepared to pay it just to say Ive bought it in Harrods So we stuck with buying a branded bag LOL.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Of course we knew everything would be expensive - and it was. But, I suppose you have to say you went there and at least bought something. However, we would say that Harrod's does marketing extremely well and other businesses could learn from them. Their staff are very good, but I suppose at such a store, they will employ the best. We did not go through the entire store, just did the ground floor and we felt that was enough. Didn't bother to do 'high tea' and got our cuppa across the road.