“Davidoff Store in St. James' - Second to None”
Review of Davidoff of London

Davidoff of London
Ranked #121 of 824 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular London tobacconist specialises in cigars from all over the world including rare and vintage Cubans. It also stocks a wide range of accessories for the 'good life' including single malt whiskys, Fox umbrellas, walking sticks, humidors, lighters and cigar cutters.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

On my recent trip to London, I visited this store and found the staff member with the stature of a Palace Guardsman (I will refrain from printing your name, but you know who you are!) who attended me to be of great help and assistance. I was keen to find a number of cigars that I wanted to purchase, unfortunately, they were either unavailable or scarce beyond belief! No matter, I ended up buying several items instead. I took up quite a bit of this gentleman's time in my questioning, however, once it became apparent that they did not have what I sought, I could easily have left the store and felt under no pressure to buy or not, as desired. That being said, I was happy to make several purchases.

FWIW: I would visit and purchase from this store again.

2  Thank starlightChina

Reviewed 18 March 2013

While it didn't have the smell of most cigar shops it really wins the battle in selection and eagerness to help. Getting a good Cohiba in America isn't easy so when I saw this place I knew I had to stop and grab a couple. After the first one it really made me want to go buy a box but I had to pay my mortgage. One of the few places I recommended to people.

2  Thank Sean T
Reviewed 8 January 2013

You get advice on any kind of cigar you ask. When you decide on one, several are tested to get the best out of the box. At the end, a reminder comment on the types new to you which you decided to purchase. Enjoyed every minute in the shop, and the help and attitude of the gentleman who helped and gave advice..

2  Thank eyecairo
Reviewed 23 November 2012

In this anti-cigar smoking world this is a place to come and be immersed in the world of fine cigars.
I'm a young and inexperienced Cigar smoker and smoke Davidoff Nos 1 and 2, both mild cigars but of an excellent quality. I agree with the other reviewers the staff are very friendly we we assisted by a beautiful girl in an Emerald dress (sorry don't know your name) and we were taken through the options and offered recommendations. I cannot recommend this elegant store enough and I shall certainly be visiting again when we are next in London.

2  Thank Dazadal
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Easily the finest cigar shop I have ever visited.

Out of the many very good cigar shops clustered around Bond Street/St James Street, Davidoff has to be the very best.

I normally order my cigars from Le Casa De Habana in Hamburg but whenever I am back home in London I make a point of visiting Davidoff.

The selection of cigars is very good, they are perfectly kept and the staff are very knowledgeable and informative without coming across as being overbearing or superior.

It was based on a recommendation from Eddy on my most recent visit that I ended up walking out with a couple of Arturo Fuente Opus X Robusto along with my normal boxes of Partagas....I am very grateful of the tip as they are an excellent smoke!

Regardless of whether you are a seasoned smoker or someone popping in to grab a couple of smokes for a night out Davidoff is the place to go!

2  Thank Tom W