“A real class hotel in busy London”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #13 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Jersey, United Kingdom
“A real class hotel in busy London”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We only stayed for one night at the hotel.The welcome was friendly but professional and check-in quite fast. The porter escort us to the room and which was nice (for London) explain us the different facilities of the hotel. The room was spacious with a modern interior. But what I love the most was the refreshing atmosphere and space of the room and the mini bar selection was spot on! different types of crisps, chocolates and even fruit juices. the aromatic candle and camera also in the mini bar, was a nice touch. Also, the bed was very comfortable and huge. In the morning we had a quick breakfast and the checkout was quite fast and efficient. A hotel wh I will go back without hesitate.
Great staff and atmosphere.

1 Thank Apologirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 4 October 2011

What this hotel has created with its glamourous design and its family, friendly staff is wordless. "You know the feeling, when you go back home and you have not seen your family for a long time..., the treatment that you get, the welcome that you receive from your family. That is it, that is The Covent Garden hotel. With our two children, the staff and everything else its even more enjoyable. The children love their turndown books, children shampoo, children bathrobe...wow...In the drawing, sitting with your family its like a place where you bond, where you share love. The staff waving goodbye to you when leaving the hotel in the early hours, make your heart break to leave.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children, look for their interconnecting room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank A K
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 3 October 2011

After years of business and leisure travel to London, I came back to this part of the city, and fell in love with it again. Covent Garden has all the wining'n dining of Soho and shopping of Mayfair, but lacks Soho's Sunday morning smell and Mayfair's crowds. And Covent Garden Hotel is the cherry on the cake of this area. The staff is not only friendly, responsive and striving to help, but it is also smart and fun. The decor has all the ingredients of Firmdale hotels and their signature brasserie, library, film club or funky art all over the hotel (and my wife's and my favorite Joan Crawford filmography in the elevator); yet it maintains a very special touch of good old English glamour. My wife and I love sitting outside of the hotel and watching the crowd while sipping a glass of wine (and eating fabulous plum tart from a seasonal menu).

Room Tip: Try any of their suites.
2 Thank Krzysztof K
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at the Covent Garden Hotel on 23rd September and can honestly say it was a very enjoyable experience. The staff a welcoming and friendly, taking trouble to explain all the important points about the room and the facilities within the hotel - especially the gorgeous residents lounge and library with the very handy honesty bar. The room and bed were very comfortable, the bathroom had the best shower we have ever come across. The room was cleaned when we were out and a lavender spray placed on the pillow to help you sleep. The bath products were a delight, Miller and Harris - I shall try to get some! The hotel is very close to all the Theatres - we saw War Horse - it was wonderful. Breakfast in the restaurant was excellent, the waitress asked where we would like to sit so we chose by the window so we could look out at all the quirky shops and people passing by. Overall it's a great hotel in a great location and we would not hesitate to go back.

1 Thank Edith P
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Everything about this hotel is lovely to the rooms, staff,food I can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank XLove22
all over
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I have stayed in this hotel religiously for over 5 years - it is the only hotel I will stay in when in London.

why?
- location is unbeatable, steps away from covent garden and Trafalgar
- the rooms are all different but are all cozy and super well kept
- beds are heavenly
- the service is great
- there is an honor bar for mid-day and late night snacks, etc that you can help yourself to

I love this place and would recommend to anyone

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My husband and I stayed in the hotel for my birthday and I can say this was my best ever birthday gift. The room was very stylish and spacious. We had a beautiful dining area, a large dressing table, the biggest bed I have ever seen and we still had plenty of space to dance around the room. I also cannot believe that we had three large double windows and a bay window in one room. The bathroom was my dream come true an enormous shower and a bathtub. My husband struggled to get me out of the bathroom all evening but what do you expect when it’s full of complimentary Miller Harris soaps and lotions and a flat TV in the wall!!!! We had delicious breakfast in bed I had salmon and scrambled egg and it was perfect. The food was on time and fresh including our freshly squeezed juices. The service was very friendly and helpful and to top it all we had complimentary massages before we left the hotel. We definitely recommend the hotel especially if you want to be in the heart of London. We cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple