“What a fantastic place.....”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #13 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic place.....”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I frequently visit London on business and I usually stay at one of the Hilton Hotels, this time I was booked in to this lovely hotel and it made my stay in the capitol relaxing.

This is probably the first time in 10 years that I have enjoyed my time in London and I have been happy with the excellent and attentive service the hotel offered.

You may say that it is on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for!!!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting London on business or pleasure....I will be returning to the hotel within the next couple of months and I will be making this my preferred destination when visiting our beautiful capitol city

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Charie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Jersey, Channel Islands
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have been three times to this Hotel, twice with some girlfriends and once with my husband and granddaughter - I loved every visit!

I will comment on my lastest trip which was in January of this year.

My two girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel last January and just loved every minute of it and when we decided to return to London for another weekend we all agreed that it had to be at the Covent Garden Hotel.

Before you even arrive you receive emails asking when you are expecting to arrive, a nice touch. The concierge team is extremley helpful and in the weeks leading up to our weekend away they had obtained very good tickets for Ghost the Musical and also reservations for Circus Restaurant.

Upon arrival everyone is just so friendly and welcoming and that is down to all the staff.

A lovely handwritten welcome note along with some chocolates were left in our home for the two nights we were there which was Room No. 1, it is more like an apartment, ideal for a girlie weekend.

The Hotel is in a fantastic location lovely little shops all around and ideally located for theatres and restaurants.

In the evening the beds are turned down with a bottle of water beside your bed and a spray of lavender. The beds are extremely comfortable and your towels are replenished every day. The bathrooms are stunning with lovely Miller Harris toiletries.

Breakfast is a real treat with fresh juices, a smoothie of the day, fresh fruit, freshly made porridge, pancakes and so much more and as much coffee and tea as you like.

Would definitely recomend this hotel and cannot wait to return for a fourth visit!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank PenelJersey
Morehead City, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I spend almost half my life in hotels around the world from "No Stars" to "All Stars" but this property has a unique appeal that I had not experienced before, it felt like home.

First the entire staff, from checking in to the concierge and in the restaurant were outstanding. There attention to every detail like remembering your name contributes the the "home" feeling of the CGH.

The large rooms clearly set the CGH apart from most hotels, they make you feel at home as well. Of course the bed are real plush and comfortable but the setting and decor with antique furniture, desk, couch, fireplace and more is what makes this hotel so unique. This is topped by one of the most elegant and useful bathroom with dual sinks stand up shower and separate deep tube for that evening soak (with built in TV. There is also an in room DVD player with a large selection of Movies at the front desk).

Something else very unique is the 1st floor sitting area laid out as a large living room with several semi private sections. There you can order room service all day and enjoy a more quite time should you not feel like eating in the restaurant. It also has an honor bar that you can use enjoy for a late private night cap should you be in the mood (or anytime of the day you wish).

The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and also offers 24 hr room service and service in the sitting room, a big plus. Everything I tried was simply great and the menu offers choices for all tastes.

For those who enjoy some personal attention the CGH also has a SPA, a Gym, and a 50 seat theatre in the hotel.

Finally, my wife and I truly enjoyed the location, central to all of London's attractions, Shopping and surrounded by all the plays. We walked everywhere.

You will be faced with only one dilemma, with all of the things you can do nearby, it may be hard to leave the hotel as it is just that comfortable.

Go ahead and treat yourself, its worth it.

1 Thank Gunnar S
West Midlands, England
Reviewed 10 February 2012

It may be at the more expensive end of the hotels in London, but for me, it is worth every penny. The service is superb but without feeling fawning or forced. I always tend to go for a Deluxe room as it gives plenty of space and, in my opinion, the best value for money. The location is excellent for everywhere I tend to want to get to. I do agree with a couple of the other reviews, though, in that it ought to be time to get WiFi included in the price.
...oh and the beds.....wonderful, if i could fit it in my suitcase and sneak out without anyone seeing i would have done it!!

1 Thank J0hn_and_Sally
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I've had a fair amount of travel so far across few countries in Europe, Australia and middle east. But it is the first time I felt I wanted to come online and write something about a hotel I stayed in. The customer service I experienced starting from the doormen to the front desk and everyone else was really different from all other hotel I've been to.
This hotel is in a great place, walk to the famous beer house shopping and really great room service and breakfast. Everyone is very friendly and cooperative.
Whole place is neat and tidy. Room services is very quick and they all are very eager to help in every possible way.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Madhu S
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have been using CGH for two years and last year (2011) I spent over 30 nights here. The staff are delightful and the rooms excellent - I always have a deluxe room for space to work, the smaller ones can be cramped - with beds that are sensational.

There are one or two drawbacks. Wifi is a cost option of £20 per day which drives me mad and breakfast is not included and can quickly add up. Although the food is very good.

Expensive but worth it.

Room Tip: Deluxe for size. Loft suite fantastic for meetings, intimate gatherings and extravagance.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Muzza668
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Were it not for my new policy of marking down for not providing free WiFi for guests when you are paying top dollar and even Starbucks and Nero give it for free. Extremely annoying and petty for a hotel that is charging a hefty fee for a room to not through in Internet. Hopefully if enough people do this they will be incentivized to change it.

Don't get me wrong, it would normally get five stars from me, the rooms - though small - are well put together and very pleasant. The staff are very nice and helpful. And the guest drawing room with honesty bar is perhaps one of the most brilliant inventions of all time. We didn't really use it this time but we have in the past and it is, in a word, brilliant. That coupled with location make it one of the best hotels to stay in London.

There are a couple of downsides besides them charging for WiFi. The bathroom is quite small (and I have absolutely no idea how the steam thing was supposed to work). And they only have one key per room which is annoying when you are not attached at the hip with your roommate (we had to get creative). Also, the gym is tiny, as are the elevators. But I guess size constraints is the trade off for small and quirky in central London. One I'd gladly pay, especially if they fix the internet thing (I'll stop harping, I promise) and the keys thing.

Room Tip: Staying on the first floor (second floor for Americans) is best in my opinion as you then have the o...
11 Thank dutchguy2