“Beautiful hotel, outstanding service”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #16 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The best experience of my weekend was definitely my stay at this hotel! The rooms are very well decorated, very comfortable.
A great mix of boudoir and contemporary!
As for the service, the staff were very welcoming, warm and well mannered! And willing to go to that little extra such as running in the snow to get a taxi for you!
I definitely recommend this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LePetitPrinceBleu
There are newer reviews for Covent Garden Hotel

Reviewed 16 February 2012

This grand hotel is located within walking distance of so many things that you can walk out the entrance, choose your direction and just stroll to your heart's content, enjoying all that London has to offer, which is so much: history and beauty, shopping, fabulous parks and gardens, the changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, the fabulous cathedrals of Saint Paul's and Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London with the Crown Jewels, amazing Harrod's! The COVENT GARDEN HOTEL has a fabulous staff who will make certain that your stay is happy, ready to provide anything you wish or need. The restaurants inside the hotel serve some of the best food you will find in England and the wait staff is superb! The hotel itself is grand, the rooms are spacious and immaculate, service is superb. I love this hotel and you will, too! Make this your London home and you will feel pampered and happy and at home.

Room Tip: A corner suite will be large and sunny; rooms on higher floors on the south side will be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank FABULOUS4414
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I frequently visit London on business and I usually stay at one of the Hilton Hotels, this time I was booked in to this lovely hotel and it made my stay in the capitol relaxing.

This is probably the first time in 10 years that I have enjoyed my time in London and I have been happy with the excellent and attentive service the hotel offered.

You may say that it is on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for!!!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting London on business or pleasure....I will be returning to the hotel within the next couple of months and I will be making this my preferred destination when visiting our beautiful capitol city

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Charie S
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have been three times to this Hotel, twice with some girlfriends and once with my husband and granddaughter - I loved every visit!

I will comment on my lastest trip which was in January of this year.

My two girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel last January and just loved every minute of it and when we decided to return to London for another weekend we all agreed that it had to be at the Covent Garden Hotel.

Before you even arrive you receive emails asking when you are expecting to arrive, a nice touch. The concierge team is extremley helpful and in the weeks leading up to our weekend away they had obtained very good tickets for Ghost the Musical and also reservations for Circus Restaurant.

Upon arrival everyone is just so friendly and welcoming and that is down to all the staff.

A lovely handwritten welcome note along with some chocolates were left in our home for the two nights we were there which was Room No. 1, it is more like an apartment, ideal for a girlie weekend.

The Hotel is in a fantastic location lovely little shops all around and ideally located for theatres and restaurants.

In the evening the beds are turned down with a bottle of water beside your bed and a spray of lavender. The beds are extremely comfortable and your towels are replenished every day. The bathrooms are stunning with lovely Miller Harris toiletries.

Breakfast is a real treat with fresh juices, a smoothie of the day, fresh fruit, freshly made porridge, pancakes and so much more and as much coffee and tea as you like.

Would definitely recomend this hotel and cannot wait to return for a fourth visit!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank PenelJersey
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I spend almost half my life in hotels around the world from "No Stars" to "All Stars" but this property has a unique appeal that I had not experienced before, it felt like home.

First the entire staff, from checking in to the concierge and in the restaurant were outstanding. There attention to every detail like remembering your name contributes the the "home" feeling of the CGH.

The large rooms clearly set the CGH apart from most hotels, they make you feel at home as well. Of course the bed are real plush and comfortable but the setting and decor with antique furniture, desk, couch, fireplace and more is what makes this hotel so unique. This is topped by one of the most elegant and useful bathroom with dual sinks stand up shower and separate deep tube for that evening soak (with built in TV. There is also an in room DVD player with a large selection of Movies at the front desk).

Something else very unique is the 1st floor sitting area laid out as a large living room with several semi private sections. There you can order room service all day and enjoy a more quite time should you not feel like eating in the restaurant. It also has an honor bar that you can use enjoy for a late private night cap should you be in the mood (or anytime of the day you wish).

The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and also offers 24 hr room service and service in the sitting room, a big plus. Everything I tried was simply great and the menu offers choices for all tastes.

For those who enjoy some personal attention the CGH also has a SPA, a Gym, and a 50 seat theatre in the hotel.

Finally, my wife and I truly enjoyed the location, central to all of London's attractions, Shopping and surrounded by all the plays. We walked everywhere.

You will be faced with only one dilemma, with all of the things you can do nearby, it may be hard to leave the hotel as it is just that comfortable.

Go ahead and treat yourself, its worth it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gunnar S
Reviewed 10 February 2012

It may be at the more expensive end of the hotels in London, but for me, it is worth every penny. The service is superb but without feeling fawning or forced. I always tend to go for a Deluxe room as it gives plenty of space and, in my opinion, the best value for money. The location is excellent for everywhere I tend to want to get to. I do agree with a couple of the other reviews, though, in that it ought to be time to get WiFi included in the price.
...oh and the beds.....wonderful, if i could fit it in my suitcase and sneak out without anyone seeing i would have done it!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J0hn_and_Sally
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I've had a fair amount of travel so far across few countries in Europe, Australia and middle east. But it is the first time I felt I wanted to come online and write something about a hotel I stayed in. The customer service I experienced starting from the doormen to the front desk and everyone else was really different from all other hotel I've been to.
This hotel is in a great place, walk to the famous beer house shopping and really great room service and breakfast. Everyone is very friendly and cooperative.
Whole place is neat and tidy. Room services is very quick and they all are very eager to help in every possible way.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo