“lovely as always”

Ranked #13 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Jersey, United Kingdom
“lovely as always”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Always my wifes favourite hotel and did not disappoint this time. thanks to all the staff. we hope to be back soon. Just a great place to stay. Rooms always different but tastefully done, bar area buzzing and fun.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pngtraveller23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

excellent location. The refurbishment of rooms is to a fairly good standard. Always try to use this hotel when staying in London due to its location. When booking make sure you do not get ug rooms as we found them quite noisy, bin me arriving at 8 0 clock. plus noise from deliveries and hotel business like launder etc. Will make sure I do not get these rooms again, but would use hotel again excellent value

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue S
SineadR79
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed in 2 hotels in London during our stay and I must say that CGH far surpassed the other larger chain 5* Metropolitan.

I loved the room it was very spacious and the bathroom size was to die for. The bed was very comfy. The room was well equipped and the service was amazing. I enjoyed the restaurant equally.

Look out for these hotels throughout the world, I think there is one in NYC that is equally as good.
Next time we are in London this is our new place to return to.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SineadR79
Chicago
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was there for seven nights and found the place to be amazing. First, the staff was so friendly. Possibly the nicest I have experienced. The location is amazing, everything is a walk or tube ride away. The drawing room is gorgeous, I enjoyed just sitting there after a long day with a book and a drink. They have a fully stocked bar (the honesty bar) which is self service and open 24 hours. The hotel has a very calming energy to it, which I appreciate when I am traveling overseas. It's not cheap, but money well spent when you want to spoil yourself or do something special.

I found the wifi to be not totally reliable, frequently dropping while I was on my Ipad. That would have been a bigger problem if I was trying to work.

Craig the night manager was amazing, along with Marteen and G. All the staff was amazing.

Room Tip: I asked to be on the third floor but they said the 1st floor was not a problem. I took the third flo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PierreChicago
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We've been fortunate enough to stay here twice and it's a great find in central London. Although it's not cheap, it represents decent value for the location.

Staff on reception are excellent and generally remember your name when you go past the desk. I have noticed that there must be a lot of repeat visitors, because when many people arrive to check in the staff say "welcome back, Mr/Mrs X". Clearly, they have also bothered to see if the patrons have visited before. A nice touch.

Rooms very nicely fitted out and of good size with reasonable wifi connection. Lovely bathrooms, and despite being right in the centre of dusty London, everything is meticulously clean throughout the hotel. Concerns over noise from the street were unfounded due to the good double glazing in the room.

The lounge areas are fantastic and make you just want to spend a whole afternoon reading a book in front to of the fire. Reserve some time out to do just that, with waiter service at the ring of a bell (or use the honesty bar next door).

Gym facilities are very limited, so would recommend going to Camden council sports centre just around the corner which includes heated indoor and outdoor pools.

The restaurant is fabulous and provides one of the best buffet breakfasts I have ever had. Beautiful fruit/yoghurt selection, quality juices. There is a fantastic ambience to the place whether for breakfast or dinner.

I thouroughly recommend this hotel and its restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Trevor B
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

What an amazing hotel, and definitely one of the best that I’ve ever stayed at. The service was also very good, the rooms clean and comfortable, I couldn’t ask for anything else. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in August. We don't travel much, but when we do travel we like to stay at finer lodgings. To that end, this is the finest hotel we have ever stayed at. The rooms are luxurious, the design up-to-date, and the service impeccable. In fact, the service is what sets the Covent Garden apart. To wit: my reading glasses broke before breakfast one morning. I took them to the concierge, and before breakfast was over, they were returned to me, repaired and good as new. We will recommend this hotel to our friends, and when we return to London, we will stay here again. You should, too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple