“A Special Place”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #19 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I'm just home from a trip to London with my wife and our best friends. My wife and I had stayed at the Covent Garden Hotel two times previously and convinced our friends to give the CGH a shot on this their first trip to the UK. I'm always a little nervous when recommending hotels to friends, but given the quality of the CGH I wasn't really worried and the hotel and its great staff came through yet again.

The hotel itself is beautifully appointed and just oozes class. The restaurant in the hotel is great. The staff is wonderful. And the Seven Dials/Covent Garden neighborhood is hopping and also perfectly located in the center of the city. Yes, there are cheaper places to stay in London, but for a few extra pounds you can stay at a place that is truly special.

A couple of suggestions: (1) Ask for a room facing Monmouth Street ... there's a fair amount of traffic/noise on Shaftsbury Ave which some hotel rooms face. (2) Be sure to take advantage of the beautiful "living room" with honor bar just upstairs from the lobby ... a really wonderful place to hang out.

Final comment is that the hotel's website just doesn't do justice to the beauty of the place. Could really use more images and a video so you have a better sense of the treat you're in store for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor (the 2nd floor is 3rd floor US style and so on) and facing Monmouth...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greg_K_Review
Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife & I celebrated our wedding anniversary here over a weekend. We were very well looked after, our room was large & comfortable, the staff were warm & friendly, the food & service were excellent, and the location was perfect for the various theatre, gallery & restaurant outings that we enjoyed. Altogether, a very enjoyable stay in relaxed surroundings - no pretensions whilst the highest levels of customer service were sustained. Maybe a bit too expensive would be our only gripe.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Monmouth Street are quieter
5  Thank DavidKH
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have stayed here before, once. For our Ruby Wedding Anav we decided this is where we wanted to be. It is expenssive, but worth every penny, the Location is perfect for Evening Dining or a show no taxi needed. The Decor super, a perfect mix, but what sets this apart from many other expensive Hotels is quite simply the staff. From the minuite you arrive you are welcomed and feel at home and dare I say a little bit special. We don't need constant attention just to know someone is there if necessary. It was necessary one evening when the gentleman next door had a long and very heated and loud discussion with someone in the USA (our time 2am) he continued to shout for some time and as it was obvious that he was upset and not likely to calm down our only option was to move, not ideal at that time of night but there was not much of a plan B as he had no intention of calming down what ever was said. We slept finially and as he was due to stay another night the Hotel moved us to their most perfect suite for our last night. I understand that we could have made an awful fuss, but we understand that stuff happens and we did enjoy our last night in splendor. It is a great place we will hopefully return

Room Tip: We had 412 lovely
3  Thank Penelope C
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I must say this has exceed my expectation. It was just like a 5star shortly after check in before go to see football. The atmosphere at the almost make us late for the football, the staff very entertaining us. I wish my ticket was not expensive then I would just stay there and enjoy myself to the limit. My friend paid a twin room and I bought the football tick but next time I will not hesitate to buy both.

Room Tip: my room was in the ug room which i did not prefer
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank marc c
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at the Covent Garden Hotel due to its proximity to the Theatre district but had no idea how much fun it would be. Not only is the hotel beautifully appointed and well-served by all the employees, we were most impressed with the staff's enthusiasm and friendliness. Although pricey (but what hotel in the centre of action is not) it was worth every cent.The food was delicious, the help unobtrusive, and the rooms were lovely. There is a sitting room on the second floor where guests could go to be away from the fray but not in their bed room. It will be difficult to replicate such a fine experience.

2  Thank Patricia154913
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. Stellar customer service. Everyone who works here makes sure you are completely satisfied. Probably my favorite London Hotel that is affordable. Great interior design! Just simply soooo London! Love it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Britta L
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Always my wifes favourite hotel and did not disappoint this time. thanks to all the staff. we hope to be back soon. Just a great place to stay. Rooms always different but tastefully done, bar area buzzing and fun.

1  Thank Pngtraveller23