“satisfactory”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #15 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 April 2014

is quite satisfactory hotel for moderate tastes that will meet the needs of every traveler and every price categories and services. Located in the center and easy access to central London by underground

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Had a fabulous Easter weekend break in Covent Garden, the hotel is perfectly situated, beautifully designed and the welcome and attention is second to none, highly recommended
The ground floor champagne/cocktail bar is alive and buzzing with atmosphere, the service is prompt, professional yet friendly

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautifully equipped and spacious
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My daughter (studying in London) and I dragged our tired selves into the Covent Garden Hotel after a two week trip through France and Italy over her break. I'm sure we looked as tired as we felt, but the staff treated us as returning family, though we had never been to the hotel before. The warmth and friendliness with which we were greeted was such a welcome surprise as we spent our last night before my return to Los Angeles. Our room, No. 1, was a garden level (basement) room, but it was HUGE and decorated in a funky, casual, yet luxurious style. We loved the room so much, and were quite tired of eating out, so we ordered room service for dinner, including a bottle of rose. We pretended we were at home together for the evening since it would be our only chance this year, and we watched Forrest Gump and sipped wine in the plush robes provided. The front desk had been kind enough to approve a check out an hour later (noon) so we could enjoy breakfast in the restaurant and explore the shops before I left for Heathrow and my daughter returned to her flat. The staff will never know how much the tone they set meant to us. As we checked out, the young woman told us she wished we were staying another night, and it seemed like she meant in sincerely. My daughter was meeting a friend nearby this afternoon, and she sent me a picture of the Covent Garden Hotel taken as she walked by with the caption "when can we go back?" I don't know when, but we will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mbhbe
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were advised to visit the Covent Garden Hotel by a friend who told us that they served the best cocktails in London!
We managed to get a table by the bar, but these were in demand, even on a Tuesday afternoon. The bar staff were really lovely and the cocktails were amazing. Go there for a real treat.

1  Thank Alice56Hampshire
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked this hotel for a treat for my sister who was visiting me in London. We've stayed before, many years ago, and it's her favourite hotel. There is nowhere else I would choose to stay!

I had beautiful red and cream themed red luxury room, with huge bathroom (tv in the wall!), two sinks, walk in shower, sofa, table, the comfiest bed you didn't want to leave...

Once again the atmosphere, and staff, make this the best hotel in London. Un-pretentious, discreet, beautifully decorated - no detail is spared. The staff showed an interest in us and our plans for the weekend, the doorman was more than happy to take some photos of us before we went out and got so carried away he had us posing on the stares and was directing us!

After our evening meal out we relaxed in the lounge upstairs and had red wine in front of the fire.

We didn't have breakfast there this time as we had to be up very early but I can recommend from previous stays, the breakfasts, lunches and afternoon tea in Brasserie Max.

Worth every penny, a real treat. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Luxury rooms are good as they are very spacious. But all the rooms here are great you won't be d...
1  Thank TravelKittenLondon
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel is in a fabulous position, perfect for walking to lots of places from Covent Garden to Trafalgar Square and many more. The decor is great and a little quirky which adds character to the place. The Library and Honesty Bar is a great place to go to relax and rest your weary feet after a day of walking,eating & shopping. Am really hoping to return sometime this year

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foodluvver12
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed one night while on a Mother's Day 'treat' weekend. The hotel is in a great location for Covent Garden in a quiet street with good shops around it. We loved the design and style of the hotel and the rooms. Wonderfully comfortable beds and fabulous linen and beautiful design of room 111.
We started with a few cocktails and ate in the brasserie on Saturday night. A great atmosphere and vibe. I can honestly say was one of the best meals I have eaten in a while. The service was impeccable and food outstanding.
Breakfast in the morning was fantastic but HUGE portions.
My only negative comment is that I would have preferred a room with bath but never thought to make the request. I also prefer to have tea making facilities in the room but didn't realise until the Sunday morning there was no kettle.
The stay was expensive - the bills for room for two ,cocktails and dinner for three was over £700. Not cheap but I felt we got what we paid for. I would have liked longer to enjoy the comfort and ambiance of this hotel.
We are heading to New York for Easter for a special family 30 year wedding anniversary celebration and on the strength of our experience in CGH we are going to use their sister hotel, the Crosby Street. I hope it lives up to our experience in London.

Room Tip: Check if the room has a bath if you prefer a soak as opposed to a shower!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family