“Gorgeous hideaway in London”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #13 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Sydney
“Gorgeous hideaway in London”
Reviewed 25 March 2009

This place had something special compared to other luxury hotels. Personal, friendly service in an intimate, but very welcoming setting. Arrived early in the morning off a flight and was shown to a great shower in the gym to freshen up before I went out and was called as soon as the room was ready. Truly gorgeous room - it was big and beautifully finished, a nice mix of stylish, modern and classic. Character-filled neighborhood, a short walk to Trafalgar Square and galleries there. Plenty of good boutiques and restaurants nearby. A particular highlight was the reading room, with a big open fire, where we retreated after dinner.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Annaclare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Spain
Reviewed 17 March 2009

I liked the covent garden hotel. It is centrally located, but I think it has some flows.
I think the room service is very expensive and the breakfast very small.
Also the dvd player and the TV in my room did not work.
The staff are friendly and helpful but don't know spanish.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jason1256
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2009

This hotel although in a nice location, it has a lot of disadvantages. I stayed there for 3 nights and came back today with a disappointment I wanted to share. I believe that the covent garden hotel is overrated.
The first day that we stayed there I had an accident in the room, a wood from the bathroom fell on my hand and it was bleeding and painful. I called the reception right away and after a while they sent in my room a housekeeper with band-aids and a maintenance person who would fix the wood. I asked for some panadol pills as I had a headache and they didn't have in the hotel, so somebody from the concierge went to the pharmacy to get me some. And now I ask you: Is it possible a 5 star hotel not to have an emergency kit with pain killers? On top of that they charged me for the pills at the check out!!!!!!!!!!!! and they didn't even apologize to me. If you are going with children please be careful.
Secondly, they had a dvd played in the room that it didn't work and although I called them to fix it the previous night, the next day I found out that it still was broken...what a service!
Maybe if you are not a model, or an actor or someone famous they don't care....and that is a shame when you pay for a room 330 pound plus 15% vat each night...that is almost 400 pound...everybody should be treated like a royalty paying that vast amount...just another posh hotel!!!
the breakfast...DISAPPOINTMENT...I had included in my rate English breakfast and what you get with that: a small sausage, two eggs, ham, tomato, coffee and a juice. If you ask for toasted bread they charge you hahahaha tragic! They didn't even have a buffet...
They also charge 20 pound a day for the internet. It should be free, in a hotel like that. But maybe they are used to charge anything!
If you want to waste your money, this is the right place for you!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
16 Thank twinstars
GB
Reviewed 27 February 2009

A lovely hotel, completely calm and relaxed - right in the centre of town.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Winchester
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I stayed at the Covent Garden for two nights in February with my fiancee, and enjoyed every moment.
From the second we walked in we felt the warmth that was emitting from both the hotel and the young friendly staff.
We were upgraded to a beautiful deluxe room and it was fantastic. Spacious, spotless and extremely comfortable. As we were Mr/s Smith members we were given a bottle of Champagne on arrival, plus the hotel gave us a complimentary box of chocolates. A nice touch i thought.
The concierge were able to arrange a table at J. Sheeky's (an excellent seafood restaurant) with only a couple of hours notice. Nothing seemed too much for any of the staff. They weren't even phased when a certain Bafta winning actress came down for breakfast the morning after. Just another day for them I guess.
The only negative of the whole stay was the charge for internet.
I have stayed in 5 star hotels around the world, and i have to say that the Covent Garden is head and shoulders above the rest.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank capitalb
portsmouth
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I would love to thank all the staff at the hotel for a wonderful stay, wen we arrived we were welcomed by smiling and very helpful staff, the room was amazing in every way, ie clean, everything was perfectly laid out. the food was the best food iv had anywhere, the facilities where amazing. i WILL be recommending this hotel to everybody i know. thank you again to every one at the hotel for the amazing stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ryanrm
London
Reviewed 26 January 2009

My husband and I booked a night at the Covent Garden Hotel to celebrate being together 5 years. It was also only the second time we had left our 17 month son with someone else overnight, so we decided to splash out.

It was definitely worth the expense. I had read other reviews on here and thought surely a hotel cannot live up to this - but it did. Superb location, beautiful decor, exemplary, friendly service, wonderful food. Lots of attention to detail.

Just a perfect weekend, yes, it is very pricey, but it is worth it for a treat.

• Liked — The staff - incredible service
  • Disliked — Having to leave......
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple