“City Hotels should take note”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #16 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Staying in London one always has a multitude of options, but Covent Garden Hotel remains a great place both in terms of its location and in the style it conveys. I really like the way the rooms have been done and it's also great for entertaining. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank oswaldS

Reviewed 1 July 2009

I have stayed at Covent Garden Hotel many times and am continually impressed. It is not easy to run a top-notch operation and the Covent Garden does it seemingly without breaking a sweat. From the bellmen, waiters desk staff all the way to the management, everyone is A-list and prides themselves on taking care of their guests. How refreshing. The rooms are exactly what a hip London hotel should be. Comfortable, well appointed, not trendy little white boxes stuffed with attitude like St. Martin's Lane and the like. I can honestly think of nothing negative in any of my experiences staying here. Covent Garden is unique and outstanding. Book yourself. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank SanFranciscoMichael
Reviewed 24 May 2009

My spouse and I just returned from an eight day stay at the Covent Garden Hotel. It would be hard to express just how perfect this experience was. This was our second stay at this hotel and our first surprise came when they remembered that we have a special occaision in May. They provided complimentary Champagne and snacks to start our week off with splendor. Our room was a Luxury Double which was beautiful and spacious with a large and gorgeous bathroom. The best part however is the service.This hotel is accustomed to celebrities but believe me the everyday people (us) are not neglected. They are personable and cheerful and most of all able to get things done. They greet you by name and seem to go out of their way to make you feel welcome.We had the afternon tea, an after theatre drink and snack each night and daily breakfast and one dinner at the Brasserie Max (hotel reataurant ) and found that the same good product and service prevailed. The location is perfect for tourists especially theatre goers. I really cannot find fault and hope that we will be able to stay there for our annual trip to London next year. It is worth the price.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank USAGAgirl
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I booked this hotel, having stayed at sister hotel The Soho Hotel on several occasions, for my Singaporean clients who were visiting the UK as part of a European tour. I wanted them to enjoy elegance, location and something different to a Hilton/Marriott, eg a corporate hotel. They adored the hotel, its service and personal touches.

Yes, I hear what other people say when they fault if for being expensive, but if that is the case, book into a Premier Inn and stop moaning.

From the personal note in the room and frangranced pillow spray to the well-dressed staff and to-die-for breakfast menu, everything was spot on.

Having visited Singapore myself, where they pride themselves on their service, I have to say that the service was comparable and this was remarked on by my clients.

I do not have a bad word to say about the place. Beds were sumptuous, rooms were chic and individual, food was sublime.

I also stayed at the Mayfair Hotel this week (5 star) and while that was celeb-tastic, it is nothing on the Covent Garden Hotel.

I have just checked out and can't wait to get back there.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Redlipstick66
Reviewed 27 April 2009

Four of us stayed at the hotel for the Marathon weekend recently. I normally stay at Firmdales sister hotel The Knightsbridge but was talked into a change by my friends after they stayed at the CGH a few months ago.

Plus points - lovely hotel, good staff, attached to restaurant, good food
Minus points - very pricey as regards rooms and drinks, watch those added extras, felt a bit stiff.

Its hard to actually find anything wrong with the hotel , if you prefer the more traditional feel of a larger establishment then this could be for you, personally I loved The Knightsbridge for its home away from home feel and the genuine warmth of its staff, at the Covent Garden this is lacking and the staff although very helpful lack that charm.

Also we stayed in 306 and I loved it, black wallpaper and acid pink bed, it was lovely. My freinds stayed in 307 and I have to admit when I walked in it was a " err oh" moment and it did look like they had jumbled together all the left over bits of furniture from the hotel and had a tiny bathroom, whereas we had a huge bathroom for the same price. Its not a complaint, she should have asked to move if it wasnt right, i would have, but an observation in a hotel with individually designed room you may end up with one which sint to your taste.

I dont think I would book with any other chain in London, but will be returning to my first love next time.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank poppycatStaffs
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I've stayed at the Covent Garden several times because I prefer the location and I think, overall, the hotel is superior in many ways.

As usual, immaculate housekeeping, great king size bed and adequately-sized room. Bathroom with excellent water pressure and some of the greatest showerheads on the planet IMO. Be aware that room decoration varies somewhat. The deluxe double i had this time was not as richly decorated as the one I had the time before.

Didn't stay for breakfast which I have always felt to be a bit over-priced for what you actually get.

Staff as friendly and helpful as ever.

And now for that "surprise" I mentioned: last time I stayed I was a bit put off by the hotel's attempt to do the "dynamic currency conversion" number upon checkout. I was even MORE suprised that time when I was told "there's nothing we can do" until I threatened to annotate the charge slip with "local currency not offered" and demanded to see the manager that suddenly they found "something" they "could do."

Unfortunately, this happened again when I checked out yesterday morning but THIS TIME when I protested they immediately cancelled the charge and put through a new one, in Pounds. So, if this is any sort of an "issue" for you be aware....

I agree the cost of internet access in the rooms is a bit absurd given the room rates but overall I'll stay again more than likely.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank Intrepid1
Reviewed 9 April 2009

My second stay at the Covent Garden - like its style a lot, just wish it was ever so slightly less expensive...

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple