“Fabulous Fabulous”

Covent Garden Hotel
Ranked #19 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 May 2010

I cant recommend this hotel enough, we stayed for just one night, the room was delightfully decorated, the bathroom was faultless, great amenities in the room, and a HUGE comfy comfy bed.
From the minute you walk in the terribly good looking staff are friendly and helpful. We ate in the hotel brasserie, it was busy and buzzing and even though we ate very late at 10.30 pm the food was delicious and the service efficient.
Breakfast was excellent both my boyfriend and I went for the continental buffet and it was pretty faultless, with attentive service.
All in all this is a incredibly stylish, wonderfully comfy hotel, it is unashamedly spensive, but it does it so well!! We are planning on visiting this and other Firmdale Hotels again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MsCBear
Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 24 May 2010

This was my first stay at the Covent Garden Hotel. It won't be my last -- I've already booked again for November. I've stayed 4 doors down, at The Mountbatten Hotel, three times a year for the past 13 years. As I've written in a previous review, The Mountbatten, under the latest manager, has gone from very good to abysmal.

Now for the bad news -- the Covent Garden Hotel is expensive (very).
And they charge for internet access -- ridiculous in this day and age.
That's the end of the bad news. The hotel is marvelous and wonderful. It's lovely, charming, cozy, beautiful and so welcoming (in every way). You just want to move in! Plus, it's agreeably small (just 58 rooms), so that you don't feel like you are just another face/body (as in so many tourist hotels) passing through.

The staff looks like they could have stepped out of the pages of Vogue -- they are quite the stunners. But they also know how to make you feel at home. They always have a smile on their faces, and seem so happy to be working there (one of my favorite concierges from the Mountbatten, Tommy, is now at this hotel too. A nice surprise!).

The rooms are spotlessly clean (bravo housekeeping!) and extremely comfortable (and pretty!). They have all the modern conveniences, but it's more like an English country house instead of so many of the new minimalist hotels (i.e. cold/austere/).

Another nice touch: I asked for an extra Diet Coke in my minibar one morning. When I came back to my room, I noticed that they stocked much of the minibar with Diet Coke's! Sure, it's a good profit margin for them, but it was still a smart thing to do. They listen to what their guests need/want.

If you are looking for a home away from home, stay at this fantastic hotel. Let me also mention that you get what you pay for: although very pricey, the Covent Garden Hotel
is money well spent (they also have specials in the winter).

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DeborahPub
Reviewed 13 May 2010

My wife, my 6 year old daughter and myself stayed in this hotel for 5 nights end April/ Ely May 2010 and had a eantastic time. Staff were very helpful, concierge(s) excellent, room was lovely (queen bed with single in corner for daughter), room service food was always quick and delicious and the location was sensational. We were on the Monmeath Street side of the hotel which was a lovely quiet street anyway AND the windows were double glazed. (our room was #302). Other side of the hotel would look onto Shaftsbury avenue, which busier, but not sure noise would be a problem anyway. The hotel is small enough to be personal, but big enough to offer the prudent traveller everything they are likely to desire.
All in all, our stay was first class and we would love to go back to the same hotel again (which is a big rap for a City with so much choice!!?) They are part of the 'Firmdale group' who have several other London hotels in their chain....I'm sure these would be to a similar high standard. p.s - If you get a chnace, make sure you book into Gordon Ramsay restaurant (Royal hospital road). A true fine dining experience.
Enjoy the hotel, and this truly fabulous city.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Prahran28
Reviewed 6 May 2010

with me girlfriends had a 3day trip in London.we chose the hotel by the tripadvisor comments.the location super,the hotel nice,has a very smart idea,a cinema room,while dining you watch a movie,the rooms have nice decoration and main facilities.The staff is a little bit cold,the price i think expensive.generally, not serious problems.i liked it.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lunamor75
Reviewed 26 April 2010

My husband stay with Firmdale group hotels most time when he has business travel in London. This group provides consistent top services and great deco rooms all the time. Best bontique group who do their design and branding not just 50% but all the way !!! This is very important to carry out their idea and provide the unique experience to their guests. Trust me, you will experience the same of what they promise and shown on their website. !

Covent Garden UK is one it. (p.s. i've also stayed at their Soho London one as well )

-super convenient
-great bar, great food (& great ingredients) and cozy restaurant there
-great and friendly services
-nice cozy place that you feel home but with the twist of chic : D

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Mycafebar
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Stayed there for 2 nights in a luxury double (#401). Excellent location and very charming hotel. Nice decoration. The room was nice, on the 4th floor, comfortable bed and enough wardrobe.
The only point is that the service is really really bad. When we check-in, we were told that breakfast was included wich surprised me as I usually don't take it (and that it's not offered when you book). Then, the morning after we asked for the comfirmation and I was answered that I might haven't understood what the concierge said to me....Well even if my mother tongue isn't english I consider myself as pretty fluent....always delicious to be considered as a dummy by a staff member.... Then for the check out, we had to wait a long time as the desk person was alone and her colleague was obviously occupied in talking with friends....Then it took ages to get a cab to go to the airport.
This wouldn't be such an issue if the price would be low but as it isn't the case, I was expecting a bit more serious service.
One last thing: overpriced internet connection : 20£ for the 1rst hour each 24h....Let's be serious, 350£ a night and they charge the internet connection?

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandre92100
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We stayed at the Covent Garden in late Feb early March for 4 nights.
Fabulous Room with a great bathroom. Really felt warm and comfortable. and has plenty of room.

The Gym was small but adequate. Not a huge fan of the restaurant - OK but not great. Really liked the Saturday Night Movie concept which was dinner and movie in the hotel's cinema.The upstairs drawing room is delightful. Very cosy on a cold day - nice for coffee and reading the nwespapers.

The staff were helpful with nothing being too much trouble for them although occassionally they did need some reminding.

The hotel is really well located for everything particularly the Theatres and one of London's best coffee shops is just across the road. I would very happily stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple