Pavilion Hotel
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$203
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I booked this hotel despite the bad reviews on here, and was expecting nothing more than a room with a bed. But I was suprised in a positve way with the room, that I got. The bed was bigger, than expected, the bathroom was fine, everything was clean and nice. And the place has personality - it is fun to study the decor of the rooms and the common areas.

The staff was very friendly, helpfull and nice. I was a bit cold the first night, and asked for an extra blanket, which was there when I came back. They also offered to turn up the heat for me, if I preferred that. Always nice and willing to help.

Ok, there was a lot of noise from the street - but I knew it was just by a main road, so I expected that. The tv didn't work, but the wifi was good enough for me to enjoy Netflix and internet radio instead. The bed was not the most comfortable bed, I'd ever slept in, and breakfast wasn't impressing. The second day the water was cold in the shower, but I later found out, You just had to wait a minute. I think maybe it was cold, when someone else was in the shower...
However I did not expect any more than that for the price I paid.

I was in London for a convention, and a lot of people there spend 2-3 times as much as me on a room, that was not much better. And they were all impressed by the look of my room not to mention the price.

I would definately stay here again. You get, what to expect for the price. The location is good, and there is a wonderful little pub around the corner (The Royal Exchange), that you will have to visit if you stay here.

Room Tip: There is a fair bit of noise from the street in rooms facing that way. And there is no lift for the higher floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed for one night in this quirky little place and although it was strange looking, it was certainly in the, what I would call 'Weird, yet wonderful' section.
The place was clean and warm. All rooms were different and so interesting.
I did a mini photoshoot in the room which Kelly Brook was once shot in! ;) Very impressed.
I slept well despite the strange mannequin in my room and was the last guest to leave in the morning... or should I say afternoon...woops :P
All in all I enjoyed my stay so I hope to go there again some time...I want to see what the rest of the rooms look like!

Rosa Dela.

Room Tip: Don't...make it a surprise!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I booked two rooms at The Pavilion with my in-laws for a few days after Christmas. The hotel is nothing like what you see in the website. Upon checkin, we were immediately asked to pay for our entire stay for both rooms. We should have realized why right away. The small hallway to get to our room did not have a light, making it difficult to unlock the door and see the awful room on the other side. Once we finally got in, there was hardly any room. The full sized bed filled the entire room with less than 1 1/2-2 feet on every side. There was a 2x2 foot area where we could put our luggage and nowhere to sit besides the bed. The room was dark and dingy. The sink was outside the bathroom next to the bed with no room to stand at the sink. The bathroom was tiny. The hotel was freezing. We were asked not to touch the radiator. We were asked to leave our key to the room with the hotel when we left and could get it back when we returned - what! Worse, when we did return there was nobody in the "reception area" to give us the key. Literally anyone could walk in and pick up a key and go up to our room. No security. When we used the phone to call another hotel to see if there was availability, the front desk attendant came up to tell us there was a charge for us to use the phone. We felt like we were constantly being monitored. When we complained, within an hour of our stay, we were told there were no other rooms. They were all the same size. A few hours later, our family agreed we were not willing to even stay the night at this hotel. We went down to see if they would refund our second night's stay even though we weren't even staying the first night and had immediately complained. We were told there was nothing they could do about it and that "it's always the case that hotels look different in person than they do online". Save your money. Don't ever stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank vmg032000
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I went to London for only 1 night and stayed at this hotel alone. The people who attended to me were very nice and polite. The room has no toilet and only a sink, but I guess I got what I paid for. This place is recommended for solo travelers on a budget and those who come to London to wander around at daytime and need a bed for the night. The hotel is also within walking distance to the tube station (Edgware Station). I don't mind to stay at this hotel in the future, but if I bring my family along, I would think twice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hi guys, me and my girl just checked out. We stayed at the pavilion for 1 night as a treat as tourists to London. This place is in a really good location and we loved it as soon as we stepped through the door. It IS a little different, a little off key, but then that's what we loved about it!

Very clean, very nice, we stayed in the Cosmic Girl room which was downstairs. Good sized room and really had the WOW factor. Never seen anything like it!

Breakfast was adequate. What do you expect?? The croissants were fresh. My only gripe was that there was no bar on the premesis. When we checked out we went for a walk around London for the afternoon and were invited to leave our luggage there, which we did. Safe and sound.

It got hot and cold during the night but nothing the covers couldn't rectify. The guy on reception was lovely and attentive

For 110quid over Xmas it was definitely worth the experience. If you like travel lodge types of places then don't bother. If you still love life then go for it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple