First off, let me be clear. I'm a business user. If I was looking for a quirky hotel/B&B in a hip area for a weekend away with my wife, it might have worked. But I wasn't. As a business user my wants are pretty simple:
1. Pleasant staff that check me in quickly? Check.
2. An ironing board so I can iron my shirt for the next day? Check.
3. A nice shower to get me going in the morning... er, no. A cast iron bath tub in fact. And a hand shower. But no curtain around the bath and nowhere to hang the hand shower. Sorry. I don't have time for a bath in the morning. I want to get up, shower, read my emails over breakfast and go. Fail.
4. A breakfast buffet with a reasonable choice (I try to keep my carb intake very low so scrambled egg and fish are my preference)? Er, no. a choice of cereal, granola or a bacon sandwich which you have to order by midnight and is delivered to your room in the morning. Fail.
5. A light breakfast room so I can read my emails while I have coffee before I take off for the day's madness. Er, no. There is no restaurant. Fail.
So given the above, I'm afraid it was overall a fail from me.
In the interest of a balanced report though... If you are on holiday/vacation, have the time to relax in a bath, and like the 'quaint' victorian feel, small windows and dim lighting, it might be for you. The staff were both pleasant and efficient. The place was clean. The bed was relatively comfortable. It was just the wrong place for me. And as it wasn't cheap it left me feeling a bit disappointed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Rookery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hotel London