My Bloomsbury
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$117
1,092 results
All reviewstottenham court roadgail's kitchenbritish museumcharlotte streetthe penthousecentral locationcovent gardenwest endoxford stsuperior roomboutique hotelstreet noisetea coffeecomfy bedyogurtmin walklocation is excellent
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Stayed here a while back and loved the location. It is so central to the parts of London that I like to explore.

The bar was nice and was used one night to hang out with some friends from Paris. The bathroom was decently sized with a good soaker tub and the room handled our American sized luggage. The bedding was very comfortable but did swallow up the room. Considering the prices of neighboring Mayfair hotels this hotel seemed like a bargain. I would definitely stay here the next time I am in London.

• Stayed: November 2004, travelled on business
3  Thank Shane L
Reviewed 20 September 2007

I stayed at myhotel bloomsbury back in 1999 and had an absolutely serene experience. The room, the service, everything was very Zen. I loved it and actually thought about it in the years after I'd been there.

I came back again in 2007. I'd been to London since, but had stayed at higher-end places either because the company was paying or because I was using some mileage or point program to pay.

this time I was footing the bill, so I chose the somewhat more modest myhotel.

the quite good: the location is still great - quick walk to the theaters or the subway or the national gallery or the british museum. love the location.
also, a very nice feature of this hotel is the library. There are a couple of computers you can use to get online. There are magazines and books, and there's even coffee and water. A very nice way to wind up or down at the beginning or end of a tiring day or trekking around the city.

pretty good: the rooms all come with stereos and nice toiletries, and the breakfast is fab. Really nice.

not as good as I remembered: it could be I'd idealized this place, or maybe it really had changed. I'd remembered it all as very Zen -- especially the rooms. Very spare, very peaceful, etc.

This time the room was sort of orange and brown and maybe some other color. Also, as others have said, there was construction outside -- very noisy, yes, although not when I was trying to sleep; attractive to look at? no. Out of the hotel's control, to be sure, but it does take away from the Zen quality.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank JB2go
Reviewed 1 September 2007

This was my third or fourth stay at myhotel Bloomsbury. The room was smallish but comfortable, the staff friendly and accommodating, and the amenities acceptable. As a business traveler, I dislike being trapped in touristy areas, where everything is overpriced, selection is limited, and locals scarce. Fancy tourist hotels are also a tipping nightmare - I don’t need anyone to open my door or hail me a cab, thank you.

For me, the best part of myhotel Bloomsbury is its great location, just off Tottenham Court Road a few blocks from Oxford Street. From here, buses, tubes and cabs can get you anywhere in the city, pretty quickly, and if the weather is tolerable, you’re within walking distance of all of central London. It’s a great stroll neighborhood. There are funky little restaurants and shops on Goodge Street, two blocks away. Tescos and newsstands and electronics shops and conveniences abound. The British Museum is around the corner. There’s a little movie theater across the street. The hotel itself houses a popular little sushi restaurant, and has a hip young bar scene at night. There’s a friendly corner pub right next door.

All that said, here are my quibbles:

1. Construction noise - The stately old building that completely flanks the rear of the hotel is being renovated, with jackhammers and all. The work doesn’t begin until around 8 am and ends around 8 or 9pm, but if you’re expecting a nice afternoon nap or some quiet time for daytime business, you’d best bring heavy-duty earplugs. I don’t know when the work is scheduled for completion, but from the looks of things it won’t be any time soon.

2. The flat-screen TV receives something like 7 or 8 boring channels, plus a few music-only channels. If you need video entertainment in your room, bring a laptop and a pile of DVD’s.

3. No vending machines. Most neighborhood shops close at 10, the Tesco at midnight, so plan ahead. If you want a snack or a soda, you have to get it at the lobby bar, which is open 24 hours. A glass of Coke will set you back 2 pounds. Outrageous!

One more thing - try to avoid rooms facing Tottenham Court Road. Although the large double windows and heavy curtains muffle most of the sound, there is truck and bus traffic all night long. It’s impossible to open the windows and sleep with the fresh, cool night air.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
5  Thank homesick_and_grumpy
Reviewed 14 August 2007

I stood there for one week.
Reception was always friendly and helpful.
Room was quite small, but with everything equiped you will expect in a 5 star Hotel: coffee & tea facilities, flat TV, CD, Radio, shoe shine...
In the basement you can find access 24h to the so called library...real cool location with tea & coffee facilities, allways fresh fruits, relaxing area and 6 Internet Terminals with free use of printer and everything you need to do your admin.
The F&B was very good, always nice people at the bar / restaurant.
The location is perfect in London for Musical (Queen round the corner) shopping, clubbing...and for business.
I will def. go there again for my next London trip!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank SMaiss
Reviewed 13 July 2007

This hotel is a bit of a wierd one. I've stayed in so many hotels in Londona and all over the world that this one doesn't really stand out - except that it is more expensive than it should be for what you get and the service was very good.

1. No parking - you have to go to the NCP 5 minutes round the corner. Pain if it's raining.

2. Lovely reception area, friendly staff and very helpful.

3. Room was just about OK, getting a bit faded and bathroom was v average but with nice toiletaries.

4. V comfy beds. Everything else random and a bit small. Tiny tiny wardrobe, fiddly lamps that are meant to be feng shui I guess but are just annoying. Everything getting a bit tired, but I guess originally was very nice.

5. Man from reception phoned to say that we would we like a late check out as it was my birthday. Nice touch.

6. Man from reception walked us out in to the street under a brolly and called a taxi for us in pouring rain. 5* service in a 3* hotel.

7. Location is excellent, right on Tottenham Ct Road and all the big shops, plus near British Museum and Marylebone High St great for browsing shops and brekky.

8. Has a Yo! Suhsi next door - always a bonus.

Overall a good hotel experience, nothing too wow, nothing too bad, but I do think you can get better for less in London. Would I go back? Hmmmmm.....only if I needed to be in that exact area, otherwise I would probably try something else. If the rooms were improved then Yes, 100%.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple