“Central & Cosy”

Ranked #372 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Central & Cosy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very good central location, excellent for people who want to make the most of a night out/sopping trip/theatre etc. The hotel is modern and relaxing and follows the same theme as the other Myhotels in the chain. The staff were all friendly and enthusiastic and seemed happy to be doing their job, the music played at breakfast was a nice touch rather than sitting and eating in silence, windows great for people watching. The breakfast was very basic but good, however, I think some items should have been kept cool and not just left out at room temperature.
The suite was very comfortable and had everything you need, I would recommend this hotel and like to return. There aren't many "hanging out" areas except for the reception area and breakfast/bar area but as the position is so good you will be out and about most of the time anyway. Definitely has a boutique feel to it and lots of attention to detail.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bluebell_dream
MadelenTobiasson, Front Office Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Bloomsbury during your recent visit to London and for taking the time to share you comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as it allows us to target areas that might require our attention.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been passed forward to our staff who, I know will greatly appreciate it too. I agree with you that the location of the Hotel is great for shopping, nice restaurants and many tourist attractions.

myRegards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

Really pleasant stay - all staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was lovely but "compact" -actually good value for money in London and space was not an issue as we were there for 1 night so minimal luggage. Shower was not the greatest.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Based on the reviews on this site I booked a double room for single use and was not disappointed.

The hotel has is in an excellent location for the West End, Oxford Street and the main attractions in London. Staff were very welcoming and provided me with a lot of information. The water (with lemons and oranges) in the reception area is a welcoming touch.

Corridors leading to rooms are narrow and do not necessarily give the best first impression. The room (217) was of a very good size for London. A large and comfortable bed made for a good night sleep. The bathroom was very large and well appointed. The room faced Tottenham Court Road and I was initially concerned about the noise, but it was not a problem at all.
The hotel has free WiFi that works very well.

Breakfast is good but at £15 pounds it does not come cheap.

Overall a good hotel. I booked the hotel through booking.com and got a good rate making the hotel reasonable value for money for central London.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Oliviauk

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Found the hotel staff on the brusque side. Room noisy (could hear people above and below) and the blind didn't work. Very expensive of course, but that's London for you. Great location, though.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
MadelenTobiasson, Front Office Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Bloomsbury during your recent visit to London and for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as it allows us to target areas that might require our attention.

I was sad to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us, your comments have been passed on to all our departments and we will do our best to improve our services.

Here at myhotel Bloomsbury we always strive to ensure that all our guests leave the hotel feeling that they had a first-class stay. Please accept my apologies that on this occasion we have not fulfilled our goal. I hope that you are willing to give us a second chance in the near future to show you our true friendly hospitality.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our Hotel.

myRegards
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

I have stayed here a few times over the last 3 years, each time booked by colleagues for business travel. The location is great, super for the west end or any connections around the city. The staff are friendly and helpful and at the front desk I have always been greeted with a smile and can-do attitude.

The room itself was clean enough and offered the typical accommodation one has come to expect from an average hotel in London catering for the business crowd, starting to get a bit dated and worn-in and could do with an update. The rooms are small and the last time I stayed I was put in a tiny single room, the bathroom was awful. As it seems there was not enough space for a full height shower there was a little bar with a shower attached that didn't even reach my head (I am not very tall at just over 5'), horrible for trying to shower in the morning and annoying when you pay the best part of GBP200 for the room only.

Overall the location and great staff compensate for the minor annoyances but still I can't help but wish that there were more hotels that were truly cool, modern, friendly and good value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear guest,

I am happy to inform you that we have refurbished both the Hotel and the bedrooms since your last stay. We have changed the furniture, carpets and curtains. We have several room types in the Hotel from a single to our penthouse. I would like to offer you a complementary upgrade on your next reservation for to experience our improved standards.

If you would like to accept our offer and make a reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally arrange everything for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.

myregards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip and found the location - close to Tottenham court road and Goodge Street tube stations - very handy indeed. At the same time, its location on a side street means it is away from the main noise of Tottenham Court Road itself. Although my room was small, I was travelling alone and not hanging around my room too much so it was fine for me. Very handy also are the small Waitrose, M&S, Boots, and Tesco metros nearby where you can purchase all those small snacks etc. that you might need! Staff were very friendly and helpful. My TV didn't work when I arrived and this was fixed almost instantly. I didn't breakfast at the hotel as there was a Pret right across the road. My one quibble would be the position of the TV in the room which meant you had to sit awkwardly on the bed to view it.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a large room if you need space
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank martinroundabout
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Bloomsbury during your recent visit to London and for taking the time to share your comments. I agree with you that the location of the Hotel is fantastic for both shops, business and pleasre.

I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been passed forward to our staff who, I know will greatly appreciate it too.

We have several different room types in the Hotel from a single to our penthouse, please do not hesitate to contact myself should you wish to have further information about the different room categories.

We looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Very nice hotel, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location with walking distance to lots of places.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank AgnesFurst
Dear guest,

We looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

myregards,