“Great central location, friendly staff, decent choice”
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #422 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by Myhotel. It isn't luxury or flashy (which "boutique" sometimes suggests) but it is decent and lacks the bland boringness of so many hotels. The location in London is super-central, almost couldn't be better - walking distance from so many central sights - Soho, Regents Park, British Museum, Oxford Street, Covent Garden. The rooms are small, but not ridiculously so (avoid the singles, they are tiny). All the staff were friendly and helpful. and they have an independent cafe on the ground floor which do their breakfasts, much nicer than the standard hotel fare. I'd stay here again for a good stopover place in London.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room to avoid traffic noise. Pay the extra to not have a single room, as they are v...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed 5 March 2013

My work booked me into this hotel as a reward and for the time I was in there it was a pleasant stay.

Check in was quick and easy.

Staff were very helpful and polite.

Rooms were clean and Tidy. Quite hot and the windows didn't open but as we'd been on a night out we didn't really notice. I can imagine that this may be a problem for some though as it was very hot come the morning.

Lovely bakery downstairs for breakfast and hotel is in a great location.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We booked a junior suite for one night stay for our anniversary. On arrival we were upgraded to the ‘Myplace 1’ suite of rooms. Myplace 1 is a clean, luxurious suite, just the right size for two. The bed was comfortable with crisp white sheets. The kitchenette has everything you need. The bathroom has his & her sinks, bath, shower and bidet. Great Marantz sound system with overhead speakers in all rooms and good size TV’s in the bedroom and lounge/diner. There was a writing desk and Apple Mac computer with free wifi access.
The complimentary continental breakfast was adequate. We were not given the option of changing to a cooked breakfast, as the waitress made a point of ignoring us even though the restaurant was not full and the chef looked bored. Our pre-booked newspaper was not delivered to the room as requested. All other staff were friendly and helpful.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return to the hotel.

3  Thank Ghislaine M
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here just for one night last week. The hotel has a good feel to it, helped by the very friendly staff not only in reception but housekeeping and also staff in the cafe. They could not of been more helpful. The food in the cafe is good and again a good buzzy atmosphere with plenty of customers, not just from the hotel. The location is good - very near to 2 tube stations and easy walking to lots of sights. The rooms are not very big and quite basic but modern in layout but the beds are comfortable with good quality linen, robes and slippers in room which is always good.

1  Thank cariBrighton
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Very clean and in an excellent location. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

They printed out bus tour tickets and boarding passes for us, and held onto our bags after we checked out.

Free guest passes are provided to the gym which is just a five min walk away.

The rooms were small but were equipped with a fridge, hairdryer, safe, etc.

I would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shane M
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a city break. Handy location close to Tottenham court road tube station. The decor in the hotel was smart and modern. We had room 102 which was classed as a superior room (we booked through secret escapes and revived a good deal compared to the published rate). The room was very clean but very small. Not much room to move round the bottom of the bed. We weren't expecting a large room and when you stay in a renovated older property you expect that the rooms have to fit around the existing configuration. It was fine for a two night stay. The bed was ultra comfy and good linen and fluffy robes. I am 5'4" and the shower head came to the nape of my neck so if you are taller you might have to have the shower higher or squat! Good pressure and temperature and nice toiletries. Watch out for the searing hot towel rail. The hotel had a nice feel about it and we had a few drinks in the bar - fantastic wiliam's pear martini! The bakery did lovely coffees and cakes. Would go back.

2  Thank Sazzer73
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Recently renovated and much nicer look and feel since my first stay.
For the location the price is very good. Ive satyed in many extremely expensive places just a few streets away.
It looks and feels very much like a boutique hotel now with an attached cafe and bar.
I was checked out by GIOVANNA who was extremely courtious and helpful.
I would reco this place for price & service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business