1,142 results
All reviews tottenham court road gail's kitchen british museum great location the penthouse central location covent garden west end oxford st boutique hotel superior room street noise tea coffee comfy bed min walk rooms are small tube station
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This is our second stay here. The location is brilliant but don't expect a classy hotel because it isn't. It's very basic. Clean enough and quiet though. We like it because of where is is and the shops, restaurants etc that are near by.
Nearby parking is £30 for I night! That seems a hell of a lot, but then, I am a Yorkshireman.
Rooms are small, not much room to swing a ferret, I know, I tried.
Overall, it's not bad. Someone else said ok for a few nights but no more. I would agree.
Paul Blandford.
York.

Room Tip: Drive to York. It's cheaper and nicer.
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at the hotel 2 nights.
The advantages:
Location
Friendly staff, especially Juliana
Room size and room design
The dissadvantages:
The heater thermostat was broken; we ended up sleeping the first night with an open window (very noisy). The problem solved during the second day of our stay.
Noisy - on both days from 5:00 am started a sound of dragging from the upper floor.
Late check out - the night before we have been told it should not be a problem to prolong our stay. At 7:30 in the morning they asked us to leave at the checkout time because the hotel is full. Couldn't they see it the night before and let us know in advance?
Breakfast is not included.

We stayed in London for 5 nights, our first 3 nights were in Melia whitehouse hotel. Comparing both service and luxury hotel Melia Whitehouse was much better at the same price level and included excellent breakfast

Room Tip: Do not take room 115 it is too noisy, and each morning from 5:00 am there are sounds of dragging something heavy on top of your head
1  Thank Hila_13
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Fernando was absolutely lovely on Check in/Check out and it was so lovely to find a cake and cookie in my room for my birthday. The cup cake was out of this world.
The room was perfectly laid out and the bed was so comfy.
Bathroom spoltlessly clean and a luxurious seperate loo!
I love rituals bath proucts and lathered myself in the cream. A rosy sensation.
Breakfast was delicious too, Gail's has settled in and the service was attentive and calm. I never have a latte for breakfast, but i'm so glad I did.
It's such a fabulous location, literally a five minute walk from theatreland and Soho.

Will be back. With bells on.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, with windows that opened. Perfect!
2  Thank mrlacy
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have not stayed at this hotel but recently had a massage package at the spa and it was a-mazing. The massage was excellent and the therapist very lovely and professional. I was so relaxed afterwards! The treatment area is quite small - tucked away in the basement - but very well appointed and spotless.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Whatkittydidnext
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We were a group of 8 girls, and we had a great time in this clean and modern hotel. It is a 5 minute walk to Tottenham court road tube, and there is a Pret a Manger right across the road. We opted for breakfast included, which was nice, but I didn't see any advantage as you could have purchased singly all the items for the same price, and for £15, muesli (albeit yummy) yoghurt, coffee and croissants was quite pricey at £15. Overall a fab hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms over the pub!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends