“Nice hotel.”
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #423 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed with family of four in my hotel. Situated in the heart of London and its easy to access local facilities.

Room is okay, nothing special to mention, but service could have been better. Overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed in the top floor My Place 2.

This is a good sized room,I stress room not suite ( My place 1) far bigger but on a sunny london weekend the room benefits from the shared top floor terrace with fantastic views over the london skyline.a great spot to just sit and have a bottle of wine before venturing out.

Staff at reception very pleasant and helpful.bar staff also good and again very chatty.I used to stay here a lot a few years ago and I do agree with some of the other reviewers it could do with a spruce up in the rooms and common areas.the restaurant and bar area are nicely done and I still very much enjoyed my stay..also where else in central london can you get a good sized room in a decent quality hotel with a private roof terrace for a couple of hundred pounds for a Saturday night.

All in all good value ,good staff ,great position will use again if only for the roof terrace

Room Tip: My place 2 great value for the sunny terrace
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I ave stayed here for many years. The first time the small room was still fresh and a goodie bag awaited me.,that disappeared but the wonderful library with free coffee tea water and computers together with books made it special. So did the breakfast

Both have gone
It's still ok, very well situated but I think I will look elsewhere in future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This is our second stay here. The location is brilliant but don't expect a classy hotel because it isn't. It's very basic. Clean enough and quiet though. We like it because of where is is and the shops, restaurants etc that are near by.
Nearby parking is £30 for I night! That seems a hell of a lot, but then, I am a Yorkshireman.
Rooms are small, not much room to swing a ferret, I know, I tried.
Overall, it's not bad. Someone else said ok for a few nights but no more. I would agree.
Paul Blandford.
York.

Room Tip: Drive to York. It's cheaper and nicer.
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at the hotel 2 nights.
The advantages:
Location
Friendly staff, especially Juliana
Room size and room design
The dissadvantages:
The heater thermostat was broken; we ended up sleeping the first night with an open window (very noisy). The problem solved during the second day of our stay.
Noisy - on both days from 5:00 am started a sound of dragging from the upper floor.
Late check out - the night before we have been told it should not be a problem to prolong our stay. At 7:30 in the morning they asked us to leave at the checkout time because the hotel is full. Couldn't they see it the night before and let us know in advance?
Breakfast is not included.

We stayed in London for 5 nights, our first 3 nights were in Melia whitehouse hotel. Comparing both service and luxury hotel Melia Whitehouse was much better at the same price level and included excellent breakfast

Room Tip: Do not take room 115 it is too noisy, and each morning from 5:00 am there are sounds of dragging som...
1  Thank Hila_13
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Fernando was absolutely lovely on Check in/Check out and it was so lovely to find a cake and cookie in my room for my birthday. The cup cake was out of this world.
The room was perfectly laid out and the bed was so comfy.
Bathroom spoltlessly clean and a luxurious seperate loo!
I love rituals bath proucts and lathered myself in the cream. A rosy sensation.
Breakfast was delicious too, Gail's has settled in and the service was attentive and calm. I never have a latte for breakfast, but i'm so glad I did.
It's such a fabulous location, literally a five minute walk from theatreland and Soho.

Will be back. With bells on.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, with windows that opened. Perfect!
2  Thank mrlacy
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have not stayed at this hotel but recently had a massage package at the spa and it was a-mazing. The massage was excellent and the therapist very lovely and professional. I was so relaxed afterwards! The treatment area is quite small - tucked away in the basement - but very well appointed and spotless.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo