“Great location”

Ranked #377 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Hotel was very quirky, though a little tired in areas
Central location just off Tottenham court road with fantastic staff who couldn't do enough to help
Room was very clean but tiny, not enough room to move but very comfortable and great nights sleep. Breakfast was ok although a little overpriced was very civilised.
would return for the location and staff more than anything else

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank GR1UK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here for a weekend trip to London, and was quite pleased on first impressions. Modern, nicely decorated, friendly receptionist... Our room was VERY small but clean (my primary concern!) and had all the usual necessary bonuses: TV, kettle... Absolutely brilliant location, and the food in the restaurant attached was fab. Only two complaints: our room was astonishingly, almost unbearably, hot, despite our turning the thermostat right down; and I asked for decaffeinated tea in the restaurant and was looked at as though I were an alien, before being told they didn't have it, and nowhere in London did. I live in the middle of nowhere but all the local cafes have decaffeinated tea. London is backward on this point... (Might seem unimportant but I have a caffeine allergy, so...). Anyway, I would go back for a short trip, but probably not a long stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bizzles
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Central location great staff and fab amenities. The massage i booked was truly 1st class I have had massages all over the world and this was the best. Thank you to the wonderful masseuse I needed it after a long journey.
Great hotel......

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Chico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were just in London a week ago and absolutely loved MyHotel Bloomsbury. It was an incredible stay! One of the best hotel experiences we have ever had, and we travel a lot. The rooms were immaculate, so clean I sat on the floor at one time and generally I would never think of doing that. We felt very safe in the area, it was close to the tube. The staff was incredibly friendly, Elanie went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. We arrived early and they had our room ready for us, which was amazing considering we had been traveling for over 24 hours. The breakfast was beautifully laid out in the morning at Gails Kitchen which is right in the lobby of the hotel. The lattes and food were outstanding. Adorable dining area too. Overall a wonderful stay! I would highly recommend this hotel and will absolutely stay here anytime I am in London. You honestly could not ask for a better hotel experience.

Room Tip: The rooms were quiet and clean. They were fairly large too for European standards. They offered grea...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yoncalla
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed with family of four in my hotel. Situated in the heart of London and its easy to access local facilities.

Room is okay, nothing special to mention, but service could have been better. Overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed in the top floor My Place 2.

This is a good sized room,I stress room not suite ( My place 1) far bigger but on a sunny london weekend the room benefits from the shared top floor terrace with fantastic views over the london skyline.a great spot to just sit and have a bottle of wine before venturing out.

Staff at reception very pleasant and helpful.bar staff also good and again very chatty.I used to stay here a lot a few years ago and I do agree with some of the other reviewers it could do with a spruce up in the rooms and common areas.the restaurant and bar area are nicely done and I still very much enjoyed my stay..also where else in central london can you get a good sized room in a decent quality hotel with a private roof terrace for a couple of hundred pounds for a Saturday night.

All in all good value ,good staff ,great position will use again if only for the roof terrace

Room Tip: My place 2 great value for the sunny terrace
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Gt Britain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I ave stayed here for many years. The first time the small room was still fresh and a goodie bag awaited me.,that disappeared but the wonderful library with free coffee tea water and computers together with books made it special. So did the breakfast

Both have gone
It's still ok, very well situated but I think I will look elsewhere in future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business