Receptionist - Good. Requested up grade to superior room, charge extra £30 per night. When we got in the room, I could not see what was superior about it. When I asked one of the members of staff she said it was alot larger than a basic room. The room was very clean, with a very small bath and shower over, why do they not put up larger shower screens and save the water going everywhere? It was very hot in the room we had to set the air conditioning temperature as low as it would go and the fan as fast as it would go. However it only cooled half of the bedrrom where the vent was the other side stayed hot. Our room was 216, situated on the corner of the hotel, which was noisy when the pub turns out, and traffic throughout the night. We did not get in until 3am on Sat am, but could not get much sleep as traffic noise, and room above sounded like they were moving furniture all night, and room far too hot. WE had an excellent lunch on the Friday both service and food was excellent.
Breakfast on the Saturday morning, was very busy, they needed extra staff. There was one excellent member of staff - Ingar who needs to train a very poor member of staff - Lugini.
The Hotel sings the praises of Linda's bread etc. but we were not offered a choice, and when I asked for Brown bread I was told it had all gone, and we would have to wait 10 mins, I was happy to wait, however Lugini never came back. When I spoke to Ingar, she aplogised and asked me if I would like potato and rosemenary which I said "Yes please", it arrived immediately. Unfortunately due to them being busy, they had dumped the butter in the same dish as the Jam! I certainly did not want jam with potato and rosemary bread, so I just had plain bread. Once again assumptions were made, we were not asked what juice we required, they just brought freshly squeezed orange juice which my husband said was very good. I asked what were the choices, and they then took away the orange and returned with a very good freshly squeezed carrot and ginger, but why not offer this up front? They brought us excellent yoghurt with fresh rhubard and various nuts, we also had crossaints, but again no choice. Also we were not asked what coffee we requried, it was just tea or coffee? The milk for our coffee did not arrive for 15 mins, so we had to also ask for that, we did not get an apology, if fact Luigi was rather sacrastic with his reply "It is coming Madame" No napkins either we had to ask, and when they did come they were thin paper, when the previous lunch time they were lovely cotton napkins. The next morning it was not so busy, we were given choice of coffee and hot or cold milk, they rememberd I like brown bread, and they gave us two diferent types of crossaints. They did not offer difffient types of juice so once again I had to ask, then wait rather a long time for it. The resturant needs more staff to cope with these busy times. Plus clear instructions about waiting to be seated needs to be displayed, as there was alot of confusion both from the hotel guests and the general public, on both mornings. I am not sure if I would stay at the hotel again. When we were checking out I mentioned to the recieptionist that due to the nosie,and heat in the room i di d not get much sleep and I did not think the upgrade was worth the £60.00 she apologised, and reduced it to £30. Which was very good of her. The food when it arrives is very good, but there is nowhere just to have a drink. The location is perfect, and they allow you to leave your luggage and collect it later, which is an excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Classic in the Heart of the Action With its history of literature, philosophy and the arts, Bloomsbury is the central London sanctuary that inspires creative thought. My Bloomsbury is designed to do the same. Serene contemporary design guestrooms, comfortable hot desks and fine gastronomy give you a personal hub that is welcoming, laid back and easy. And with Soho, Oxford St. and Covent Garden just a stroll away; and trains from Euston and King’s Cross close too – the location is perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your My Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myhotel Bloomsbury London
- Myhotel Bloomsbury Hotel London