“Fantasitc Spa hidden away in this boutique London hotel”
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #415 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Not only is the service throughout the hotel and it's facilities excellent, it has an amazing spa nestled away in a converted vault in the basement, where I have become a regular visitor. I highly recommend the Aveda facials and the massages in particular (so relaxing!), Kristina the therapist is fantastic, and tailors treatments to suit your individual needs. Perfect if you are staying at the hotel, or if you need to escape from all of the hustle and bustle of London for some pampering!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Lindsey12

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We booked this hotel for a short trip to London at the last minute. At the time it felt expensive - but as other reviewers have noted it was an excellent London hotel with a different atmosphere. Brilliant location for all the London attractions. The foyer is informal and relaxed; very different from some other London hotels. Our room was beautifully appointed - decorated in relaxing blue grey and cream colours. Only one fault - the shower - the water pressure in the shower was awful. We reported it to the management who took our compliant on board! If this gets fixed I would give it 10/10.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Freddie2712
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Receptionist - Good. Requested up grade to superior room, charge extra £30 per night. When we got in the room, I could not see what was superior about it. When I asked one of the members of staff she said it was alot larger than a basic room. The room was very clean, with a very small bath and shower over, why do they not put up larger shower screens and save the water going everywhere? It was very hot in the room we had to set the air conditioning temperature as low as it would go and the fan as fast as it would go. However it only cooled half of the bedrrom where the vent was the other side stayed hot. Our room was 216, situated on the corner of the hotel, which was noisy when the pub turns out, and traffic throughout the night. We did not get in until 3am on Sat am, but could not get much sleep as traffic noise, and room above sounded like they were moving furniture all night, and room far too hot. WE had an excellent lunch on the Friday both service and food was excellent.
Breakfast on the Saturday morning, was very busy, they needed extra staff. There was one excellent member of staff - Ingar who needs to train a very poor member of staff - Lugini.
The Hotel sings the praises of Linda's bread etc. but we were not offered a choice, and when I asked for Brown bread I was told it had all gone, and we would have to wait 10 mins, I was happy to wait, however Lugini never came back. When I spoke to Ingar, she aplogised and asked me if I would like potato and rosemenary which I said "Yes please", it arrived immediately. Unfortunately due to them being busy, they had dumped the butter in the same dish as the Jam! I certainly did not want jam with potato and rosemary bread, so I just had plain bread. Once again assumptions were made, we were not asked what juice we required, they just brought freshly squeezed orange juice which my husband said was very good. I asked what were the choices, and they then took away the orange and returned with a very good freshly squeezed carrot and ginger, but why not offer this up front? They brought us excellent yoghurt with fresh rhubard and various nuts, we also had crossaints, but again no choice. Also we were not asked what coffee we requried, it was just tea or coffee? The milk for our coffee did not arrive for 15 mins, so we had to also ask for that, we did not get an apology, if fact Luigi was rather sacrastic with his reply "It is coming Madame" No napkins either we had to ask, and when they did come they were thin paper, when the previous lunch time they were lovely cotton napkins. The next morning it was not so busy, we were given choice of coffee and hot or cold milk, they rememberd I like brown bread, and they gave us two diferent types of crossaints. They did not offer difffient types of juice so once again I had to ask, then wait rather a long time for it. The resturant needs more staff to cope with these busy times. Plus clear instructions about waiting to be seated needs to be displayed, as there was alot of confusion both from the hotel guests and the general public, on both mornings. I am not sure if I would stay at the hotel again. When we were checking out I mentioned to the recieptionist that due to the nosie,and heat in the room i di d not get much sleep and I did not think the upgrade was worth the £60.00 she apologised, and reduced it to £30. Which was very good of her. The food when it arrives is very good, but there is nowhere just to have a drink. The location is perfect, and they allow you to leave your luggage and collect it later, which is an excellent service.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room not on the main road, and ask to see if first.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy T
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Spent a night (Saturday 22nd June) in this hotel, fantastic central location & good value - really friendly check in staff.
Tiny room (standard double) but perfectly adequate & spotlessly clean & well recommended for a budget stay in central London

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

If you are looking for a great small hotel in an awesome location with friendly staff, look no further. Choose myhotel. Breakfast option is great. There's a bakery next door so you´ll have a chance to try one of their delicious croissants. Enjoy

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RickZamo
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The staff offered the best service. The receptionist even offered to iron my shirt when I asked for an iron board.
Very clean rooms and the location is perfect for sightseeing and in short distance of great nightclubs

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Js9999
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hotel is amazing, I spent three nights were wonderful. The location is perfect in the center of the city, the service excellent.I asked recommendation of several places I wanted to visit and they told me where they were the best (some did not appear in travel guides) plus I loved breakfast.
I could see London Eye from my room!!!
Just recommend it for any visit to the city, either as a couple or with children.
I hope to return soon.