“Total bliss at Myhotel Bloomsbury (Jinja spa)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #379 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Total bliss at Myhotel Bloomsbury (Jinja spa)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I just discovered a jewel in Bloomsbury. The myhotel is just down the road from my office and I discovered it through a deal on a massage. Well, the massage was a perfect end to the day - so relaxing and indulgent. It really set me up for a sporty weekend ahead. The really wonderful surprise was to have warm brownies and a glass of fizz at the end.

The hotel itself seems buzzy and modern and the treatment room is in a funky business office area.

A colleague of my husband also always stays here and we had a joint fan session - apparently the portions in the Gail's bakery restaurant are enormous - perfect to set you up for a day of meetings.

3 Thank Kschlenzka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I treated myself to a relaxing massage for my brithday last Saturday and Kristina was fantastic! She made me feel very relaxed and the only down side was that I wished it had been a longer treatment!! I will have to return for more!

2 Thank olivia c
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Had massage with Kristina at myhotel, best massage and facial cleansing ever! The massage room was warm, comfortable and inviting. You quickly get a sense of privacy as the massage starts and you can relax completely. Kristina was excellent. She checked what I needed at the start to understand why I was there. She then gave me a wonderful massage. Her pressure was strong enough to unknot and stretch out my muscles to the core. But it was not so hard as to hurt at all. She could find the points of tightness quickly and as she worked on the area, also checked for any pain around those points. Overall, I would definatly recommend not just her massage but all her treatments!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Jaciana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I recently had a facial at the Jinja Spa (Myhotel Bloomsbury) which was bought for me by a friend who is a regular visitor. Kristina the therapist made me feel completely relaxed and the treatment itself was wonderful. The products used were Aveda, which I love and my skin was left feeling amazing. I cannot recommend the treatment room highly enough. The hotel itself was very impressive and had a wonderful boutiquey feel about it (a rare find in London!)

2 Thank Ed H
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

First of all this hotel has tiny rooms, but so do most London hotels, however, during my stay I was bothered by hallway noise, neighbor's noise, and pigeons every morning at my window.

Now all of this said, the biggest disappointment as a business person who travels all over the world was the attitude of the front desk and then the Manger when after approximately eight days and almost two thousand dollars, I had an abrupt change in plans requiring me to checkout immediately and go to Paris, and they billed me an extra day for not giving 24 hours notice. Ya know, I get the penalty if you cancel before a stay, but after a long stay and a lot of money, I have never had a hotel anywhere in the US, Asia, or Europe give me a hard time about a change of plans requiring me to cut my visit short after already having stayed for a significant period of time. If you are a business person and need a bit of common sense flexibility, this is not the hotel for you for all the reasons I mentioned above, but mostly for the later. In a bizarre ending, the Manager advised me she would meet me halfway and only bill me half of the penalty and continued that if she was to move half way then so should I. This tone was really annoying as she thought she was doing me a big favor. I advised her that my company would pay the bill, and although I was upset that the company would incur this charge, the entire principle of the penalty given the above circumstances was the larger issue for me. This place is not meant for business travelers and I will never go back there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank BizTravGlobal
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Great location near the Tottenham Court tube, British Museum, Oxford St, SOHO, Chinatown etc.

The first night the room I had was the smallest room I have ever stayed in. I guess space is at a premium in London, but this took 'compact' to an entirely new level. The next night I had a slightly bigger room... though not big, in comparison to the first night it felt spacious. The staff were friendly and overall the hotel was pleasant.

The default breakfast was solid (yoghurt/muesli, croissant, toast, jam, OJ and tea) and there's a good pub just a few doors down.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the bigger rooms... some are incredibly small.