We went on a combined honeymoon/family trip with our 1 year old. We were really excited about this trip, since it was such a long time ago we were in London last.
When we arrived, the staff greeted us with big smiles and showed us up to our room. We had a double superior room on the fourth floor, facing the street. Being in London, the view wasn´t very exciting, but since we were so high up, we could see some things anyway. :-) Street noise wasn´t an issue. The room was in great order, we´re from Sweden and are used to great quality even in cheap hotels/motels, and we weren´t disappointed. Our son had his own little cot, with a stuffed animal, a moose (very cute) in the corner. He even got his own bathrobe! :-)
The room was cleaned every day, as you would expect, and done to a very satisfactory level. Every time we stepped out of the lift, the staff greeted us with a smile.
Breakfast. The breakfast staff were very accommodating with us, making room for our wee one´s cart. They loved the little guy and he flirted with all of them. :-) We usually eat wholegrain foods for breakfast and to us, a croissant isn´t part of our breakfast routine. The breakfast is probably aimed more toward southern Europeans if anything, and a bit small for a fullgrown man. It tasted very good, though, and felt fresh and homemade. If you like coffee, you´re in for a treat. I´m very picky when it comes to my espressos and I´m happy to say this was one of the best I´ve ever tasted! Italian machines work wonders!
+ Enviromentally friendly bathroom products!
+ Great staff (The fact I don´t know any names is because I didn´t ask :-D)
+ Big room
+ Modern and well kept after
+ Near Oxford Street and British Museum plus many other sights.
- Hotel starts showing its age, a little. A few detail touch ups would do wonders.
- Had to buy a little more breakfast, see above.
Would we return? Absolutely, no questions asked!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Classic in the Heart of the Action With its history of literature, philosophy and the arts, Bloomsbury is the central London sanctuary that inspires creative thought. My Bloomsbury is designed to do the same. Serene contemporary design guestrooms, comfortable hot desks and fine gastronomy give you a personal hub that is welcoming, laid back and easy. And with Soho, Oxford St. and Covent Garden just a stroll away; and trains from Euston and King’s Cross close too – the location is perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your My Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myhotel Bloomsbury London
- Myhotel Bloomsbury Hotel London