“Great location”

Ranked #415 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Still Stay here as part of 9 days vacation

great room, great location

One bad thing ..... came back yesterday and found my towel with blood all over it
informed reception but they didnt even get back to me with a sorry note or something

Its a good hotel but check your towels!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank danny1111234

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We found the hotel perfect for our stay, because of its location and staff service. In fact, it is very close to the British Museum and the Underground Station. Moreover, we were extremely pleased by Victoria, who received us with a warm smile and made us feel comfortable. Victoria is the most efficient and kind staff assistant in the hotel, since she did her best to help us with the trips around the city. Her help and assistance was more than excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Monica M
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel was good, location perfect to get around. Right in the heart of London. Lots of restaurants in the area, and also many interesting shops. Downstairs theirs a nice coffee and pastree place. The rooms are a bit small, but hey, your in London and I've heard many hotels have rooms just the size of a walkin closet. The staff was friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I booked a two day trip to London and stayed overnight at MyHotel Bloomsbury...I wish he hadn't bothered.
It is advertised as a 4 star hotel, but the rooms and service were more comparable to a 2 star hotel.
The reception staff were very rude when we first arrived, which didn't set the tone for the stay. They took a £50 deposit off our card, but rather than explaining what they were doing they just wafted the machine in front of our faces. The room was small but we were fine with that, and it was clean, with fresh towels.
However, the toilet seat was broken, the toilet didn't flush properly and no soap provided.
In the bedroom, the blinds were useless, the tv could only show bbc1 as all other channels weren't available ane as soon as my wife put the hairdryer on in the room it interrupted BBC1. Some of the furniture was broken with one of the drawers not opening so nowhere to put our items.

To top it all in the morning, at 7.30am when we wanted a lie we were awoken by beer barrels being dropped from the truck, and being rolled into the Hotel. You would have been able to sleep better in a rock concert than in this hotel.

Never will I return to this hotel and certainly wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Tip to help travellers choose a good room.....change hotels
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulTaylorStockport
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had a massage in the treatment rooms which was excellent. The masseuse really reads the patient well and she made me feel relaxed all the way through. She asked if I had any ailments, what pressure I wanted and if I wanted her to concentrate on a particular area. Finding a masseuse who is able to offer a massage that is both relaxing and remedial is difficult so I will definitely use her again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Phillipa J
Reviewed 29 July 2014

At the Bloomsbury hotel I was lucky enough to be treated to a massage with the fantastic Kristina. She has been a masseuse for over 10 years and it shows. She skilfully worked out all of the knots in my back, shoulders, neck, buttocks and legs. It was a small room with a cosy and relaxing environment. The oil and towels were warm and relaxing music was played. I feel so much better after having a massage with Kristina and she was lovely to talk to. As someone with Fibromyalgia, who frequently needs massages to keep pain levels down, I can't thank her enough. Highly recommend coming here for a massage. They also offer facials, wraps, waxing, manicures and pedicures, though I have yet to try out any of these services.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Cidwid
Reviewed 22 July 2014

When booking the hotel, I picked one of the packages that were offered online. As I was looking to stay for 7 nights and not six (2x 3 nights per package), I contacted the hotel and they gave me a good price for the extra night.
We arrived by train from Heathrow and decided to take the metro. The hotel is located in between two metro stations and there's lots of walking to do when getting to the metro, so be prepared to drag your suitcase around a bit.
When we arrived at the hotel, staff was really friendly and helpful when checking us in and they have been friendly and helpull throughout our stay, which really gave me a good and positive feeling.
When we got to the room, it was a nice bright room at the back of the hotel, which for us was ok. The only thing was that the shower was quite low, so there was no way we would be able to take a shower (we both are 1.80m). I reported this o the front desk and they accompanied us to another room on the same floor, also at the back of the hotel. The room itself was a lot darker as light was blocked by another building at the side of the hotel. I aslo felt this room was being overlooked by more rooms to the side of the hotel. Because of the tall windows we kept part of the shades drawn for some extra privacy. The shower in this room was 'tall' enough so we could actually stand under it.
The room itself was clean, ok size as we only brought a medium and small sized suitcase.
In the morning (at least on three days) we we're woken (about 8:00) by staff getting things from the closet that was next to our room. As it was around the time we set our alarm it didn't bother us too much. On one morning we were woken by the fire alarm (around 7.00) as the chef had burnt something in the kitchen. Upon returning to our room and geting back to bed, we were there for another 25 minutes when it happened again.... I do hope the chef has inproved his breakfast skills :-)
The location of the hotel is great as it will only take 15 minutes to walk to the west end and shows there. There's a nice pub on the corner that serves some nice beers and offers some nice food. Just accross the street (5 min.) there's a Sainsbury's in case you want to buy something to drink or eat. In 6-7 minutes you can be on the metro.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would come back again. The price is ok, considering the location of teh hotel. Room wise I was expecting a bit more, but the whole experience made up for that.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple