“lovely hotel and staff”

Ranked #392 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Bradford, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel and staff”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

The hotel had been recommended by a friend and it certainly didn't disappoint. Spotless,trendy boutique hotel with very friendly helpful staff. Rooms lovely, very good position close to tube and other attractions. Buffet breakfast gorgeous, will definately stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Strictlyfan
lisacarlman, Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Dear Strictlyfan,
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that you would consider us for your next stay. If there is anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lisburn
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Had the misfortune to stay in this hotel for two nights last week. I do not not expect great customer service anymore from big city hotels and I was not dissappointed here. Check-in was functional but zero warmth from the front desk clerk. Little did I realise that that was going to be the highlight of my stay! On to our room. A supposedly 'superior' room was so minimalist that it looked like a student dorm! Would have been interesting to see a standard room. Bathroom was tiny and the shower taps were complicated. The bed was comfortable but the headboard was splattered with an unidentified substance and the furniture/fixtures were shaby for a 4 star property. TV channel selection was abismal. Walls were so paper thin you could hear your neighbour going to the toilet! Very poor value when charging £200 a night. There are far superior properties in the vicinity that offer better value for money. I came away feeling that I had wasted my money.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Twinkletoes40,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It was disappointing to hear that you were not happy with the hotel. Please be assured that we take all comments very seriously and will use them to improve the hotel. Should you wish to talk to me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Ballymena
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Hotel looks wonderful, staff are lovely. Bedroom was a little cramped. TV reception was imperfect. Lovely comfortable bed though. Worst though was the paperthin wall which meant I could hear my neighbours coughing, showering and of course, having sex. Plus of course there was some noise from the street. Won't be back. Terrible value.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DirtyWeeHallion
Dear DirtyWeeHallion,
Thank you very much for the feedback from your recent stay with us. I am sad to read that your stay was not everything that you had hoped it would be. As the hotel is located in an older building a few of our rooms are noisier than others, I do apologise for this. Should you wish to talk to me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me.
essex
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Having decided to travel last minute and my first choices for accommodation in London fully booked, I decided to splash out a little more than normal and stay at the myhotel Bloomsbury, had walked past it many times on previous visits to the capital and after checking out their lovely site it looked like a very cool place to spend a few nights.

Upon entering the room I put my bag down and did the usual gazing around and bathroom inspection, then proceeded to sit on the bed slightly gutted and aggrieved over the feeling that I had been ripped off by a hotel that promised so much more than it delivered.

Where to begin. And please refer to my images.

The standard of the general room, cheap chipboard furniture covered in marks, mixed with faux oriental shaky chipped bed and stained carpet. Ugly old sockets, walls covered in black stains, and a window frame which was in need of some serious attention.

The bathroom was small and the shower door only opened just enough to let you get in before it hit the sink. The bathroom tiles were covered in a horrible brown and yellow staining, topped off with what I assume was an original door from the 70s.

Television was absolutely tiny. Tea and coffee were just what I think they could find, chucked into a tin.

The bed, a shaky old fake oriental style bed, which had seen better days, the duvet cover was something that looked like it had been purchased from the local hospital, I don’t think I have ever seen a hotel use such cheap and nasty bedding, the duvet cover didn’t even close, I am assuming it was just a slip. When I peeled back the duvet, the bed sheets didn’t fit over the mattress properly and either they hadn’t been changed from the previous guest or the maid played soccer with them before attempting to put them on.

I went to the check in desk to complain, the receptionist showed me another room, to which I could see was exactly the same standards so I just stayed put, they told me this is what you get for this price here in London. And told me I would have to accept it. The manager simply did zero and chose to hide rather than deal with an upset customer. I informed I would be writing a review and taking photos and still they did nothing. Never have I ever seen a company do so little for what were rather objective complaints.

In conclusion, do not stay here, its not an upmarket cool boutique style hotel, its vastly over priced and to be polite my room was terrible and the staff simply ineffective.

For the owners of myhotel, why not concentrate on the fundamental basics of your hotel before you bother about the spa and bar and lobby, I don’t need a manuka honey facial followed by Hawaiian peach cocktail, or a library or an energy zone (gym for you and i). I need a nice bed, quality sheets and a shower that is not covered in yellow and brown stains. Oh and a tv where I don’t need binoculars to see it!

Concentrate less on the feng shui (yes the actually advertise they are a feng shui hotel) and more on your cleaners.

And who gave you an award for design? please enlighten us all.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank samren
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay. We have taken all your comments on board and have since had our maintenance re-do the tiling in the bathroom as well as paint the walls and window frames in the room. As the hotel is situated in a Georgian building the rooms are small.
Please be assured that we do take all comments on board and appreciate the time you took to inform us of the less than perfect stay you had. Should you wish to discuss this further with me, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Perfect location, right in the heart, with nice pubs and restaurant around the corner, but the rooms had such thin walls that it was as if your neighbors were laying in bed next to you. Had to listen to conversations until 1am (and had to wake up at 6am for work) forced to understand every single word thanks to the great architecture/ isolation of the building.... VERY HARD TO FIND A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP.

First impression in the hotel lobby look is that of a very nice design hotel, but actually the rooms are very basic (yout hostel/ ikea style), and lacking to match with the first good impression you get at the entrance. Breakfast was nice and good deal for only 10 Pound extra.

Only small minibar and find it very annoying if you first need to call room service if you want to be able to actually open a bottle of beer (no bottle opener in room).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The hotel's looks have been carefully though out by an interior designer. When I visited 10 years ago, its signature feng shui look was all the rage. Today, it still looks stylish, but the shine has worn off a bit. Their once exceptional service is still good, but not as carefree as it used to be. Some nice touches, like the quiet library with free water, tea and fruit and the free wifi are much appreciate when you're unwinding from a hard day.

If you get a good price on a room here, this hotel is a very interesting option. Located right next to the Tottenham Court Road tube station, you could hardly be more central. At their regular rates, the (really small) rooms feel a little overpriced.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Arthur_P_Dent
London
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My new wife and I were married and looking to spend a night in town. We enjoyed the stay - the bathroom was clean and a nice place to relax. The room felt a little small, but it was good enough. The radio on the CD player didn't work and you had to pay to listen to the radio via the tv.

We weren't able to book a room directly with the hotel, which we would have preferred, as they were fully booked, so we paid a little more to go via a holiday website. The only minor disappointment with this was that we would probably have paid a little more directly with the hotel to have one of their treat options, which wasn't available via the site we went through.

It was a nice stay and very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple