“Zen place”
Review of My Bloomsbury

My Bloomsbury
Ranked #430 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Good hotel near all major places in London. Clean sober rooms.

• Stayed: December 2010
lisacarlman, Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We truly appreciate it and I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 10 March 2011

Lovely hotel and really in a good location easy to find just 3 stops on the tube from Euston. Very friendly,we arrived at 12pm and our room was ready so a bonus. The room was spotless and very comfy. would recommend. I travelled with my 9 year old she loved it!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank bmb64
lisacarlman, Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your it. Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

"your unique, your an individual at myhotel"! Really! ...hyped up as all trendy and designer (designed by conran) but feels like your spending a night in a used habitat showroom ! Rooms feel very impersonal. Shower went from hot to cold, and I was next to the lift, which whirred and banged all night.
Great location off tott court Rd, but basically the price of a good 4 star for the feel of a 3 star... Very bland experience... Wouldn't rush to stay again!

• Stayed: February 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guest. We are currently undergoing renovations in the hotel to modernise our room and to keep in line with our vision. If you would like to give us another try once we've completed this, please contact me directly and I'll be more than happy to assist you.
myRegard,

Reviewed 15 February 2011

Stayed one night at this hotel at a cost of £150 for a room with a pleasant continental breakfast. The hotel is small and personal with a central location. The room was clean and tidy, and we found staff helpful.

The biggest issue was the size of the room - it was the smallest double room with an on-suite you could get. You could not walk down one side of the bed (5 inches) and the other was about 12 inches. The bathroom whilst pleasant was squeezed in and when you stood to brush your teeth your legs bumped into the toilet. We felt hemmed in.

Having stayed recently at the Travelodge I would say their rooms were at least 50% bigger (and half the cost).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
lisacarlman, Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. Our rooms do vary in size as the hotel is situated in an old Victorian building. I was very glad to read that you despite the challenge with the room you found our staff to be helpful. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

This was the most expensive and worst night I have ever had in a hotel due to noise from within the hotel. Banging doors and machinery downstairs until gone midnight and again from 4.30am. The room, although described as 'superior' was dark and pokey and facing an opposite building. The lighting in the room was very dim.

Altogether a very expensive lesson in which hotel not to use.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I was very dissapointed to hear that you were constatnly disturbed by noise while at the hotel. Please be assured that we take all guest feedback very seriously and will use it to improve our services. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

The hotel totally misses the point: I do not ask for much, but when I stay in a hotel, I would rather not

- sleep in a broken bed

- being put in a 2 person room when asking for a 3 person.

When I mention my problems, I would also prefer to be listened to and not

- stay in the same room
- get no reduction in the luxury hotel rate I paid upfront
- leave the same message for the Room Manager several times without ever being called back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeifurHeppni
lisacarlman, General Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would like to apologise that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. At myhotel Bloomsbury, we unfortunately do not have triple bedded rooms. We do however have twin bedded rooms and are able to provide extra beds upon request, as we did in your case. We have since contacted the internet reservation site who incorrectly advertised our hotel to ensure this will not happen again.

I’d like to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

myRegards

Grant Powell

Reviewed 11 December 2010

Great hotel, close to everything London has to offer!
Even though the room was smaller that other hotels offer, it has everything. Great service from all staff GM down, The massage was exceptional!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anonymous_MA
lisacarlman, Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2010

Dear Anonymous_MA,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. Happy to hear that you had a nice time with us and hope to see you back soon.
If there is anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.