“The best in London”

Ranked #1 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Taipei, Taiwan
“The best in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I spent four days at the outstanding Hotel 41 with my parents in late July. We had a fantastic time! The atmosphere of Hotel 41 is definitely unique and the people working there are just amazing. They will do anything to make your stay unforgettable. The location is right next to Buckingham Palace and very close (5 minutes walk) to Victoria station. I can only recommend Hotel 41 to anyone who wants to spend some time in the great city of London.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank dogpahom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed here with my partner last week during terrible London weather (of course) for a treat.

Actually, I'm a Londoner but sometimes you need to stay in the city and experience the city properly rather than trudging too and from work.

The Hotel 41 is the top rated hotel at the moment and this was the reason we booked although, like always we noticed loads of variance in the prices so used compare-hotels.co (.co not .com) to establish the very best price for our superior rooms.

Decked out in black and white and with a decent size for central London we were thrilled with our rooms, the toiletries, the fireplace was a surprise, it was like staying in a top class Kensington apartment rather than a hotel. Until of course, it came to breakfast and service, which were both sublime.

The breakfast menu is extensive and rather pricey if you haven't got it included in your rate, fortunately we did. Located close to Victoria station, the whole of the west end is on your doorstep, we saw Priscilla Queen of the Dessert and can highly recommend it for a great London laugh. The concierge was very helpful but really, we knew where we were going already, we were just testing them :)

The hotel does deserve its top ranking, the service here is incredible, the moment you walk through the door nothing is too much effort. Truly recommend this hotel for outright luxury although clearly it is not the #1 bargain in the city. A Treat.

Room Tip: use compare-hotels.co for your choice of room, as they have all the diff rates.
Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank PragueorBust
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

There is no lobby. You enter a corridor and an elevator leads to the fifth floor under the roof, where the hotel is located. Narrow corridors form a maze to the rooms and to the only larger room, which has multiple purposes: reception, breakfast, lounge, library etc. We had a junior suite, which was very small, but was tastefully decorated. Every space is carefully used and thought out. The staff is very friendly but not too knowledgable. And there is no taxidriver, who knows this place

• Stayed July 2011
7 Thank sinceJan84
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed at the Hotel 41 for 3 nights and had a wonderful experience. Service was tops especially P.J. The staff knew who we were every time we passed through. A real hidden gem in London.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank familyof6ny
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

This hotel is a refreshing change from the big London 5* offerings with a level of service which leaves no stone unturned. The room phone sums it up - single touch auto dial titled "whatever you want whenever you want". So great staff.

However, we were in room 23 and this room and bathroom were very tight, so much so that it was fine for a 2 night stay ( with little luggage) but a longer stay would have been a challenge. The wardrobe door hits the door closer on the room door and the desk cupboard door totally closes the gap between the desk and the bed making it very difficult to access the coffee making facilities. Difficult access to shower over the bath tub.

Summary - we may have been unlucky with the room and if the room had been larger then this would be an unequivocal top marks hotel. Unfortunate that the one thing they can't change is the building!

Room Tip: Check room size when making reservation
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank travellingbrits03
Cheshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Words cannot truly describe the experience you get when staying at this hotel. From the moment you walk through the door to the moment you collect your luggage after check-out, the service is second to none.

This was the second time that I stayed at 41, but this time I came with my sister to celebrate her 18th birthday - and it was so lovely to find a little birthday cake upon returning to our room after a night at the theatre, so THANK YOU 41!!

The room that we stayed in was tastefully decorated, but far from bland and the beds were sublime. The amenities were everything that you would wish for - there were even little tubes of lip balm in the bathroom! The bathroom was a good size with a separate bath tub and shower cubicle. The only thing that might irk some people is that the floorboards outside the room creaked constantly, but as our room was just directly off the main lounge it was only to be expected that there would be a high volume of traffic.

In terms of the lounge, you never feel as though this hotel is overcrowded or bustling. In fact there is such an air of peace and tranquility that you really do feel as though you belng to a private club. Snacks are available throughout the day and there is an honesty bar.

The staff really do go the extra 10 miles in this place. Upon returning to the lounge after a scorching hot day spent shopping a member of staff offered to fill up my sports bottle with water. I very happily accepted and I found that the water was beautifully chilled with ice cubes in it - bliss!! And it didn't just end there. On our last day we spent the day sightseeing, but left our luggage at the hotel. When we got back to the hotel we were ushered up to the lounge to rest our feet whilst our luggage was being fetched. When we were in the lounge we were offered drinks and canapes. I explained that my sister and I had already checked out of the hotel and the reply was that we were still more than welcome to have drinks and canapes if we wished.

I know that these may only seem like small things to some people, but it is these little touches that make all the difference. Would I like to move into 41 permanently given half the chance? Absolutely! And it is clear that my sister is of the same opinion as she is always dropping "hints" about the next time we go to 41...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank bw2b
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We were going to one of the Royal Garden Parties at Buckingham Palace, and it was also our 41st wedding anniversary, so my husband decided that we wanted to stay somewhere really special.
41 was certainly that. So good, I don't really know where to start!
We had two nights at this wonderful venue, in Buckingham Palace Road, a couple of minutes walk to the Palace itself, and the staff could not have been more helpful and attentive, the room was lovely, and the food delicious.
We arrived tired and frazzled having had a difficult journey getting through outer London in our car. A Doorman met us, sorted our bags and then took the car to the nearest car park. We then checked in, had a quick tidy up and then went to have a gorgeous champange afternoon tea.
The experience just got better, the inclusive "Plunder the Pantry" where one can help oneself to salads, meats, fruit, breads etc., was wonderful, supported by an honesty bar for drinks. breakfast great, and the sense of peace and quiet provided a wonderful oasis in a busy world.
The hotel even provided an anniversary cake for us. scrummy.
The staff were always ready to go the extra mile, and the most amazing thing for me was the help I got with my hair - having to style it while putting in my Fascinator was proving far beyond my skills - one of the female staff came and did my hair for me,even providing the hair spray!!
If anyone wants a truly magnificent experience in London, feeling very spoilt and looked after, this is the hotel for youl.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple