“Outstanding and a hotel experience I doubt that will ever be matched!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Outstanding and a hotel experience I doubt that will ever be matched!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

This hotel is absolutely perfect! Having stayed in London on many occasions and in various 5 star hotels and spa resorts the world over, I have never had an experience or level of service like it! Attention to detail, luxury and the most attentive and friendly staff are but part of the beauty of this hotel. The exquisite and chic decor is outstanding, yet homely and inviting at the same time.

Arriving for a birthday weekend treat, we were immediately greeted by the friendly concierge who offered us a lovely hot coffee while waiting for the manager to whisk us up to the 5th floor paradise. While checking in, we were then asked if we would like a complementary champagne as the staff asked with real interest about our plans for the weekend. At that point we were told if we needed anything at all over the weekend to let them know and how true that was!

While out for breakfast, our room was prepared and the detail that was going into this, I was yet to be blown away by. Unbeknown to myself, even the pillows on our bed were personally chosen by my partner from a list of eleven!! On entering the beautiful room, alongside added birthday treats we had a complementary collection of small fruits from the manager. Ten minutes later came a knock at the door with another complementary treat of homemade macaroon, nougat and chocolates!

The room itself was perfect with luxurious robes, slippers and toiletries. For those staying with business in mind, the desk was well equipped with stationery and items such as staplers, highlighters and hole punches. The tea and coffee making facilities had an expansive collection although shortbread biscuits were unneccessary given the collection of complementary food we had already received!! There was even a list of DVDs that could be ordered for use in the room. When my partner had forgotten his hair gel and phoned to ask if reception may have any he could purchase, a staff member was actually sent out to buy some which was promptly delivered to our room free of charge with no expectation that we even paid for the product!!!

Dinner in the executive lounge was as close to private dining as one could get! Cosy fireplace, gorgeous Christmas tree and impeccable service. We were greeted by Frederic, the resident manager, who asked about our day and asked if we would like a complementary birthday cocktail. I was then astounded that he specifically asked if I may be interested in one of my two favourite cocktails! I was so astonished that it took me a second to realise this was another pre-visit feature of the hotel-my partner had filled in numerous questionnaires about us both to give the stay that personal touch.

The food was great quality and so filling that we only had two courses prior to leaving for our Wicked theatre experience included as part of our package stay. Only a couple of minutes walk round to the Apollo Victoria theatre, the location couldn't have been better.

On arrival back to the hotel after the theatre, we then indulged in 'plundering the pantry' where a great selection of complementary snacks were available for us to take back to our room for a late night nibble. We returned to an immaculate room where candles had been lit, music was playing, fresh ice and lemon were put out for our drinks and a signed poster from the theatre show was placed on the bed!

From the above review, you probably don't need to be told how good breakfast and checkout was. Faultless from start to finish!

A special mention has to go to Frederic Dallot, the resident manager at the hotel. He leads his staff by example and is a credit to Hotel 41 and the Red Carnation group. An absolute gem and a gentleman, thank you and hope to see you again in the New Year!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Glasgow82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oakville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

We loved our stay at 41 Hotel in London. The team was exceptionally attentive, very helpful and had a kind, generous spirit. Free internet/computer usage was a plus. They also provided ipads to guests who wanted to use them in the privacy of their room. Breakfast was wonderful with a full menu as well as a continental choice.

Service was exceptional. The hotel felt more like a private club than a hotel. We stayed for four nights and then returned a few nights later for one additional night before our flight home. When we returned, a beautiful bottle of wine, cheese platter and a huge piece of cheesecake with a welcome message was in our room.

The rooms are very comfortable with luxurious sheets, towels and robes. The best part was that our room was very quiet. A huge plus in London. Similar to most of the rooms we have had in London, the rooms are a bit on the small side. The location is good in that it is 2 blocks from Victoria Station, across the street from Buckingham Palace and just down the street from St.James Park. You can easily go every direction (Mayfair, Chelsey etc...)

Frederic, the manager was wonderful and so helpful. He is great with guests but not too intrusive. We feel as if we have found our home away from home in London and look forward to our return.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank B-Loomis
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

My husband chose this hotel because of its high TripAdvisor ranking, and we were not disappointed. We typically would not stay at a top-of-the-list (nor top-of-the-price-range) hotel but we booked this last-minute with the intention of spoiling ourselves a bit. Mission? Accomplished. The staff at Hotel 41 - especially Frederic, Monica, and Remus - literally tripped over themselves to make sure we were taken care of. Everything about the service here was extraordinary and well worth the price. At tea one afternoon, my husband asked if they had chocolate tea, and they regretted they did not. No less than ten minutes later, however, they appeared with chocolate tea, for which they had sent someone down the road to purchase! They booked us amazing seats at two great shows and provided excellent restaurant recommendations time and again. Our room was comfortable down to the fireplace that warmed our toes every evening and the special presents on the pillows each night. Classy yet comfortable, relaxed yet refined, personable without being nosy, British without being stuffy, Hotel 41 makes all their guests feel special and welcome. I can only hope we may again pay them a return visit. They've set the bar by which all our future hotel stays will be judged!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank WendyB_Traveler
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

The hotel is not the easiest to arrive at if your driving but we drove into the lane behind it and a porter parked our car for us offsite.

We were taken to the executive lounge and made to feel very welcome with complimentary champagne, tea , etc.

Our room was small but packed with everything you might need. The bed was very comfortable.

Service is the trademark of the hotel and all of the staff work hard to make you feel at home.

Breakfast at £25 was a bit more than I would have expected to pay.

Great hotel in terms of location, brilliant service!

• Stayed December 2011
6 Thank geoffthomas51
Deal, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I booked this as a present for my fiancé, after checking the reviews from trip advisor. I am so glad I did. From the moment we arrived we felt so welcomed, so relaxed and made to feel special. We were greeted at the door and helped with all our baggage and pushchair, and taken to the executive lounge. All our luggage was taken care of, and there was lots of it due to baby necessities. We had come to london to visit some friends, and they were welcomed in too, given access to the executive lounge, refreshments and nibbles. At all times you were just made to feel special.
Our room was decorated to the highest standard, and I loved the sense of quirkyness and individuality that came across unlike standardised layouts and sterile environments. Having asked for a cot in the room it was a touch cosy, for us that only enhanced the experience. The bed was comfortable and bathroom superb. The furnishings complimented the style of the room perfectly. The tv was perhaps a little dated, but we were more comfortable with music played on the Bose docking station anyway.
We did order room service for our baby, as he would struggle to wait for our dinner reservation and it was prompt and appropriate, apparently the chips were fantastic as my fiancé finished the ones our boy couldn't.
Our booking included breakfast, and along with the help yourself continental breakfast, fruit and cereal, there was a fantastic selection of cooked breakfast options. I managed to get my cooked traditional breakfast and share my boys pancakes, and they were both fantastic.
At all times the staff were fantastic, could never do enough for us, and took a very personal interest in ourselves and our son. It was as if you were staying with friends who just wanted to look after your every need. We would especially like to thank Magdalena, who played tirelessly with our son as we had breakfast or enjoyed a coffee break, following him climbing the stairs in between sharing hugs.
On our leaving day we were leaving our return travel didn't return home till 16:30. We asked if we could keep our luggage in some storage while we enjoyed some last looks at London and they arranged a late checkout for 16:00, just because it was helpful to us. Those little touches do not go unnoticed.
When I returned home I emailed the hotel to thank them for a lovely time, and every member of that team has replied to say how nice it was for positive feedback.
I would like to say again to all 41 staff, thank you for making our weekend. London has much to offer, but when you have a place like 41 to stay, it becomes a magical experience.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank James C
Milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was our second time at the Hotel 41 and we decided to come back as our first stay had been truly great and romantic. This time we were less busy than the first one and we could enjoy the hotel more and I have to say they can create such an amazing atmosphere that one enjoy almost most being at the hotel than being in the city. Every single member of the staff if always there to help, everyone is kind and caring and they all do their very best to assure you the best possible vacation. Rooms are comfortables and our had a lovely fireplace which was great, I think the best night was when we just stayed in bed sipping hot chocolate and watching a dvd at the fireplace light! We also managed to have a pre dinner cocktail in the lounge every night and have to say the christmas setting made it extra special! Hope one day we can celebrate New Year's Eve there! About food...the first time we didn't try cooked breakfast but this time we did and be sure not to miss the egg royals, simply excellent! But the best part of the hotel, a part from romantic turndown, is that is a truly oasis of peace. London is very crowded and busy but when after the short walk from Victoria tube station you enter in the hotel you simply relax...there's lounge music playing, a wonderful relaxing smell everywhere and being a very small hotel you know that if you decide to go in the lounge instead than in your room it will be peaceful and you will be pampered from the staff. Really recommended for couples and for those looking for a truly "royal" holiday!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LaSignoraLaura
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was my fourth stay at 41 and my first during christmas time, so when I arrived in London, I was excited to see what my "home away from home" would look like.

Arriving at the hotel I was greeted by a wonderful christmas decoration around the door, which made me feel comfy the moment I stepped in (even more comfy than normally, which is impressive). I was sleeping in room 4111 this time, and my high expectations (I had slept in one of the suites last time) were instantly fulfilled when I discovered my room had a fireplace. Espescially during christmas time this is a wonderful feature to have in your hotel bedroom.

The room was big, with one window facing to the rear of the hotel in the direction of Victoria station, the other, in the bathroom, towards Buckingham Palace. One of the things that never cease to amaze me is the water pressure in the shower, which is enormous. You get the feeling of standing under a waterfall and I don't know any other place in the world where you step out of a shower more refreshed than at this hotel.

Breakfast was excellent, as usual, and although I always eat the same thing (smoked salmon with cream cheese in a bagel) from the menu, I can tell that everything on the menu is excellent from the feedback I got from my companion.

On my second night I was staying in the Lounge until around half past 2, and being the only guest in the Lounge at that time, had the tranquility to enjoy sitting in front of the Lounge's fireplace and listening to the music. A wonderful retreat from the busy city of London, while still actually being in the middle of the action. I also had a very nice chat with the night concierge, Peter from Hungary, at that night who I have to give a special mention here for making me feel like staying in the home of long time friends.

Hotel 41 never ceases to amaze me. It's not just a hotel, it really has become a home for me, and I love coming here. I am so happy that I stumbled over this luxurious gem 2 years ago and I'm looking forward to returning as soon as possible.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family