3,088 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebuckingham palaceprivate clubconservatory suiteromantic turndowna hot water bottlechampagne on arrivalrose petalscomplimentary snackshonesty barvictoria stationturn down servicemoment you arrivelittle toucheslounge areathe entire stafffifth floor
Reviewed 28 December 2011

A hotel with a difference....cozy, stylish and exceptional staff. Rooms are small in keeping with London standards but packed with luxury and nice finishing touches. The room turndown meant we were greeted with a warm welcoming room at the end of the day. Location just behind Buckingham Palace, and up the road from Victoria Station is just great
Expensive YES... But good value when compared to other lux central London hotels.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ysar
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed here for one night to celebrate an anniversary - when I travel, I tend to spend a pretty penny for someplace nice for one night, and I would suggest this place to anyone. Completely separate from the Rubens hotel right next door/downstairs (also a Red Carnation property), Hotel 41 is directly across the street from Buckingham Palace. After checking in, we were guided upstairs and informed of the nightly happy hour they held in their private lounge, a beautiful space on the top floor of the building (same floor as our room) with clerestory windows up top and beautiful books everywhere. This is the same space where breakfast was served in the morning.

We stopped by the lounge to chat with the concierge about dinner plans, since it was our anniversary, and they recommended a great Indian restaurant nearby. They had left us a beautiful anniversary cake in our room and I was a little bit sad that I was so full from dinner, that I didn't have much room for it! (And it's not really the best breakfast, eh?)

The room was somewhat small, but I found it cozy and had no complaints since it was full of very luxurious amenities: ultra-soft sheets, very comfortable bed, an alarm clock/radio with an iPod dock so we could listen to music, chocolate truffles. And the clean lines made it feel very high-end. I don't mind small spaces as long as they're NICE small spaces, and this definitely fit the bill.

The black and white marble bath was amazing, with the best shower I've ever used IN MY LIFE - excellent rainshower head and completely enclosed with glass so you could steam it up for as long as you wanted. We received a romantic turndown service while we were out at dinner, which included lots of candles lit to set the mood. Thank you, Hotel 41! We WILL be back the next time we're in London, maybe for more than one night this time. I think my husband was spoiled, and might object to staying anywhere else, period.

Note: tripadvisor would only let me choose months in 2011 for "when did you travel?", however this trip was actually in October 2009.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie E
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stayed for one night with my wife before flying out to the USA and this was the first night of our special 30th wedding anniversary celebratory trip. We have stayed at a number of the Red Carnation Collection Hotels and this is one of the best. Located in Buckingham Palace road next door to Reubens hotel it is about a twenty minute walk to Picadilly Circus and theatreland.

The Hotel is quiet, clean and extremely comfortable and the staff are just superb. Extremely professional and helpful even assisting us with our internet flight check in. Our room (4121) was beautifully appointed and comfortable and the only minor criticism is that the bathroom was a bit small. Nevertheless you could not ask for a higher standard of furnishing and decor.

Arrival and departure were smooth and efficient and breakfast taken in the Executive Lounge was both exquisite and charmingly served. Highly recommended and we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ALFRED99
Reviewed 23 December 2011

What more can be said about this hotel then has already been added by Tripadvisor members?!?! We searched for a hotel to stay in for one night (the first of our honeymoon!) before travelling on - we wanted somewhere special that would reflect the occasion and considered a wide range of hotels in the London area. In the end there could be only one - Hotel 41!! This is an amazing hotel where service and standards are taken beyong the 5 star level that is too often banded around to mediocre hotels!! The staff cannot do enough for you in the nicest possible way and made our stay forever memorable! The pictures on the website speal for themselves! I would finish by adding - don't think - just book - it is well worth it!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Matt022
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed at this wonderful location on return to London after 11 years. It could not have been more enjoyable. The hotel is perfectly located just behind Buckingham Palace and near to Victoria Station. It is beautifully presented. The staff could not be more welcoming and hospitable. Our compliments to Frederic and Adam and all the staff who were most helpful during our stay. We will return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple