3,139 results
All reviews the executive lounge buckingham palace private club conservatory suite romantic turndown a hot water bottle rose petals champagne on arrival complimentary snacks honesty bar victoria station turn down service little touches lounge area the entire staff fifth floor separate shower
Reviewed 9 January 2012

*in our opinion anyway!

My husband booked Hotel 41 for a romantic weekend away in December. He regularly stays in London and has stayed at some of the best, but for him, Hotel 41 gives a truly personal experience, something the larger hotels are unable to provide. Nothing is too much trouble for Frederic and his team. Adam personally arranged fantastic seats for us at 'Wicked' and because the hotel has such a lovely feel about it, we decided to eat there rather than going out before the show. The food was excellent and in the morning you could easily spend a couple of hours enjoying breakfast. 'Plunder the pantry' was perfectly timed when we returned after the show and the 'turndown' was something I have never experienced before. It seemed like every time we left our room we returned to a different surprise, whether it was olives and ice/lemon for our mini bar, assorted mini deserts, chocolates or floating candles and a lit fire. It is the small touches that make you feel like Hotel 41's only guests. As someone previously described Hotel 41 has the excellent balance of 5 star professionalism with just the right informality. We will definitely be going back!

Room tip: We have only stayed here once which was in room 4101, this was a lovely size and very comfortable and fairly quiet as it was down the end of a hallway.
7  Thank willk22
Reviewed 8 January 2012

What's not to love about 41? My partner and I stayed there for two nights from new years eve 2011 and were amazed, neither of us thought you could get such good service. The staff were first rate - polite, sensitive to our needs (and moods!), well informed about London and the local area, extremely helpful and were constantly looking for ways to make our stay perfect. The hotel itself was clean and well kept with beautiful furnishings, furniture and fittings. the rooms were perfect - lovely bathrooms, comfy beds, latest tech in TV's and CD player/radio, splash proof TV in the bathroom! Features wise, whilst we didn't really use a huge number of the amenities we were kept abreast of all they could offer - local gym, pool, spa and so on and everything seemed to be to a very high standard. The food was very good - my partner is from New Zealand and has never had a proper English Breakfast, Fish and Chips and so on. We ate both and it was absolutely superb. I am a fish and chips fiend and that was a special plate of fish and chips! As well as the classics that you would expect from a British hotel there was also delicious haute cuisine which was very impressive too. They also run a very clever, and free, 'plunder the pantry' service where cold cuts of meat, smoked salmon, pates, cheeses, chutneys, fruits and so on are left out for guests to enjoy when they are a little peckish later on in the evening. Again, a very nice touch very well received.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were totally happy and would have changed nothing. As a last point to sum up - we were late to book and so there was only one room available which, inevitably, was the smallest. However, they offered us a free bottle of champagne on arrival to help make up for it which was very well received. What's more, the next day they approached us, totally unprompted (despite the room being a little small it was perfectly charming and still very good) and offered us a free upgrade to a room which I can only describe as the best I have stayed in.

All in all an absolute delight and one we hope we can enjoy again. I cannot see any reason why similar couples, families or so on would not enjoy it as much as we did. Being a regular traveller and someone who is constantly in hotels for business as well as pleasure, I would rank 41 as the best I have stayed in. A gem of a hotel!

6  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed at 41 in December and we had an excellent experience. It was my Dad's 70th birthday and the hotel staff and the beautiful surroundings made it a very special experience for us. The balance of 5 star professioanlism and informality amongst the staff makes the hotel feel special without it being formal or stuffy. I am staying there again soon and look forward very much to our stay. Thank you to Remus and all the staff.

6  Thank Abi M
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The staff at Hotel 41 are not only extremely helpful and service-oriented. This much one would certainly expect from a five-star hotel. But the staff also exude warmth, rather than formality, and they show great skill at learning the interests of the guests.

Typically, my wife and I can be made to feel uncomfortable by high-level service. We don't want anyone to think that we believe we are any better than anyone else, and often "five-star" service creates an ambience that screams, "You're SUPPOSED to act like you're better than the have-nots!"

Not so at Hotel 41.

From the moment we walked in the door and were greeted by Roman, the staff made us feel at home. Thanks need to go out to Roman, Julian (great recommendation/reservation for lunch at Quilon!), and the great young French guy whose name I did not get.

The room, of course, is gorgeous, as is the executive lounge. But its the staff that makes the hotel special.

Great visit.

Date of stay: December 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Family wanted to stay in London over New Years. We booked 4 days at Hotel 41 - 2 rooms, so we had a connecting room for the kids. We really didnt know much about the hotel other than the great write-ups from Trip Advisor. The write-ups don't do justice to the Hotel. It was nothing short of amazing. The staff beats any high end hotel chain (think Four Seasons) with their service and personality. They knew the kids by name and helped with any request (dinner reservations, tickets to plays, etc). Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting London.

• Trip type: Travelled with family