3,105 results
All reviews the executive lounge buckingham palace private club conservatory suite romantic turndown a hot water bottle champagne on arrival rose petals complimentary snacks honesty bar victoria station turn down service moment you arrive little touches lounge area the entire staff fifth floor
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We booked this place in December 2011 for our London Trip as it was 2011 Traveller's Choice winner. My partner and me have been in many luxury hotels all over the world but our expectations were greatly disappointed with this one. We booked a split-level junior suite and the suite is done in a way that they made two levels out of one from an old building. Thust the higher level with sleeping area and bathroom is just about 180 to 185 cm high. For me being 195cm tall this was just awful as I couldn't even stand straight and you get some claustrophobic feeling after some time. Considering that this suite costs a total off nearlly the 1000 GBP this is just ridiculous. Breakfast was not overhelming as well.

Otherwise the hotel is made to be very british and located very nice for many attractions.Staff is friendly but not without flaws and lack of knowledge here and there.Just can't get why this is supposedly the most loved hotel in London?!?

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
37  Thank Blackmage1
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was sorry to read that your recent stay at 41 did not live up to your expectations. Due to the historical age of the building, we do have a variety of rooms in different shapes and sizes, and I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with the size of the room you were allocated. I would be more than happy to show alternative rooms and find the perfect room to suit your needs. Please let me know on your next stay if this is possible. We also update guests’ profiles with their preferences and any information that can contribute towards making future stays even more enjoyable and tailoring the experience to the individual’s needs. As another way of ensuring all our guests’ preferences are anticipated, we offer our guest preference form as part of our reservations process. This gives the option of requesting anything you think might help enhance your experience, from a larger room, over favourite drinks and breakfast preferences, to music preferences that are played on turndown.

I was also concerned to learn that you found some of my staff lacking in knowledge. We do receive so many positive comments on our staff and service that it is disappointing to hear that we have let ourselves down on this occasion. I have conveyed your comments to my Resident Manager. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I am very sorry that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us and highlighting areas where improvement may be found.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Hendry

Reviewed 14 January 2012

This is the hotel equivalent of 'The Fat Duck' restaurant. Service is second to none, and not in your face or over the top. We also got upgraded to the most amazing room. If you stay in this hotel, don't book to do anything else, as it is an experience of it's own.

• Stayed: December 2011
10  Thank AlexL73
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I arrived in London for two days business and was treated like royalty, the staff were second to none, friendly, helpful and caring. You get the feeling of being transported into another world. Loved the loyalty book, brings back the feeling of trust and respect, something which is now so hard to find anywhere. Will definately recommend and hopefully return to at another time in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank LindaR093
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at Hotel 41 and had the experience of a lifetime. Your every desire is taken care of and the atmosphere is second to none. Located across the street from Buckingham Palace was a plus as I was in London a few days After the Royal Wedding, 2011. You feel safe and pampered and I will return this year. The staff, Antoinette, Monika, PJ, and wonderful Magdalena were AWESOME!!!! They found me a program from the wedding, and trust me, this was hard to find. Thank you all for the top-notch service.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
11  Thank Sheila G
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We had visited Hotel 41 before and felt a certain trepidation about returning and spoiling what is a wonderful memory. If anything our second stay was even better. The consistently excellent service, the fine balance between precision, professionalism and warmth, the serice and care make this hotel one of the world's finest.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple