“Elegance”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The perfect hotel that is well maintained. Good services. The staff very friendly. If you want luxury and confort, you can stay there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Joey L

Reviewed 29 January 2012

My son and I have just returned from a three night stay at the 41, celebrating my 60th birthday and I can't praise the hotel highly enough. It was wonderful in every way (apart from the television which was rather small and old) from its perfect central location near Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station, the comfort and warmth of its rooms with so many extra personal touches (there was a delicious birthday cake waiting for me on arrival) and, last but not least, the staff. The service is outstanding, very friendly but courteous and extremely personal. Nothing is too much trouble and they always asked after our day when we returned to the hotel. Everyone helped to make our stay and my birthday celebration so very special.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Fabulous Hotel,lovely staff,felt very safe in a wonderful setting.Buckingham Palace just over the road.Hospitality was second to none.Had the breakfast and the afternoon tea,both were excellant.Stayed in many London Hotels,because my daughter lives there,and I visit three or four times a year,so we stay in different Hotels,its like a little holiday each visit.This was the best ever,The room was beautiful,many little touchs,chocs,candles,olives,lovely dressing gowns and slippers,the fire was light when we returned from an evening in the lounge and a little trip in the night air.It was a little expensive,but hey what price a lovely memory,you can't put a price on that.Would love to re visit,maybe at Xmas,Thanks again to all the lovely staff,for a lovely Birthday,still eating the fab. chocs,managed to keep them for myself.

Room Tip: Any room,has the same high quality and service,Don't worry,all are quiet,all on the same floor,h...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We came here for business/romantic trip. We loved this hotel. Staff was very accommodating. They sent us to a great breakfast place around the corner and also arranged a private car for our return to the airport. My husband was working so I checked in alone and I was very early, so they took our bags and I went exploring the area. When I came back everything was ready. Room wasn't big but we enjoyed the cozy feel to it. We had after dinner drinks sent to our room at night which was very romantic. The location is also a plus. Bucking ham palace is barely a block away and the gardens were beautiful to take a nap or people watch.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Clonket
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is a very personal Hotel with great service. We felt as though we were a guest not just another number.

When you enter the reception/lounge area it feels like you have entered a different world.

The location is brilliant right next to Buckingham Palace. It took the stress out of a London visit as we could walk to many places such as Westminster.

You can pay a lot less for hotels in London but id recommend Hotel 41 as its a different experience. Couldnt fault it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank xCVarneyx
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stayed four wonderful nights at Hotel 41 in December 2011. My wife and daughter felt like British Royalty here. The staff (especially Magdalena and Frederick) went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Probably the best service of any hotel we have stayed at in the world. Far superior than some of the Peninsula, Waldorf or other Five Star Hotels we have been blessed to enjoy. I booked the room based on reviews from Tripadvisor. The price was very high and we thought that there would be no way any hotel is worth this kind of money. We were wrong. Hotel 41 is worth the price. Every employee knows your name here. Every employee addresses you when they see you. Every employee asks if your require any assistance. From making restaurant reservations to hailing a cab. The staff always was there to assist us. We LOVED the lounge where you can enjoy a cocktail at all hours of the day or night. Our room was a small suite that had two rooms and two bathrooms. While the bathroom was small, it more than met our needs. Cannot say enough positive about our experience at Hotel 41. As we left to Southampton to take a cruise, our entire family said we wanted to stay longer at Hotel 41. We also wanted to wake each day to Magdalena's big smile and unequaled service. Our thanks to the ownership and staff at Hotel 41. Really a memorable experience!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank drewomite
Reviewed 16 January 2012

You really have to go out your way to find something to criticise about this hotel!! I have stayed in bigger hotels, with bigger rooms, with better views...... But to be frank, having regard to the standard of service that you get here, it matters not what the view is. I would not have cared if the view had been of Baghdad after a bad night. It would still get the five stars.

The room was small.... We did not complain, but on day 2 one of the staff came up and said that if we would like to move to a larger room he would arrange that. The one we were in was perfectly adequate and we did not move. They have thought of everything in terms of comfort - even in the desk they had paper clips, stapler, scissors, and all kinds of little bits and bobs you just might need. Free wifi!! Hurrah!!! (my regular readers will know that this is a hobby horse of mine). Extremely comfortable bed - mattress topper of feathers - cracking crisp white linen; hot water bottle in the bed for us; quiet room..... just about everything.

The staff were absolutely superb. Special mention is Roman at the front of the hotel - who was delightful and prepared to have a bit of a laugh with us. He did claim that the reviews on Tripadvisor were due entirely to him being such a good employee. It may be true.....

The lounge is cozy and welcoming. An honesty bar; excellent free nibbles (not your usual packet of crisps, this one had fantastic cheese, bread, fruit etc etc).

I would go as far as to say that I have never had such good service in any hotel. I highly recommend it. For those who moan that the rooms are not big enough, did they draw this to the attention of the staff? By my reckoning, such is the standard of service, they would have got Roman to knock a couple of rooms together while you were at breakfast if it would make your stay more enjoyable.

Superb; highly recommended. Stay away if you don't like to see people working hard to make you have a good time. I am sure the travel lodge has far bigger rooms, if that is your type of thing.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple