Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I took my girlfriend here for a surprise for her birthday back in January. I have been very fortunate to travel around the world and stayed in quite a few wonderful hotels BUT Hotel 41 is SIMPLY the BEST hotel I have ever stayed in by far!

From the moment I made the reservation and informed the hotel that I was bringing my g/f here for her birthday as a surprise I was given so many ideas/options to make her day even more special.

I was provided with a form prior to arrival so that Hotel 41 could accommodate any special requests. The form included information such as pillow menu, if we required any particular magazines, music etc.

Once we arrived at Hotel 41 we were greeted to by a very warm welcome by the doorman, that escorted us to reception. We were offered a glass of champagne whilst we checked in.

The receptionist kindly walked us to our room and took the time to show us the amenities offered in our room and also explained to us how to contact a member of staff if we needed any further assistance.

When we entered our room, there was a special birthday cake that had been put in our room before we arrived to wish my g/f a Happy Birthday. This personal touch by Hotel 41 was priceless.

Once we returned from dinner, we went back to our room and to our pleasant surprise, our room was scattered in rose petals, candles, dim lights and romantic music playing.

Attention to detail was of the HIGHEST in every aspect of our stay.

Our room was very clean and comfortable and the pillow menu had over 10 pillow choices!!

The following morning we had breakfast in 'The Library' which was made to order (full English) and the quality of the food was of a very high standard. The scrambled eggs were AMAZING!

To end our wonderful stay, I had booked afternoon tea for two which we had by the fire place, a perfect way to end a special birthday for my g/f.

All in all, every member of staff that we encountered could not do enough for us and made our stay that extra special.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for that something special. It is an experience you don't receive with so many other 5* hotels

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Internationalbaby
Write a ReviewReviews (2,880)

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is the best hotel staffs I have ever experienced!

Excellent service, wonderful attention and with heart and sincerity. I have been travelling for more than 15 years and never wrote a feedback, be it good or bad, though I had more than fair share of bad experience and at times, was really tempted to write to complain.

However, my stay at Hotel 41 was so great that it prompted me, for the first time, to write in and compliment them. In addition to the great hotel staffs, who among many things, were helpful, offered me a boardroom for my breakfast meeting, good dessert plate in my room, brought me a set of tea after check-in. The room is exquisite and location good.

This is more than boutique, it's a one with class and service. Now I understand why it's the smallest (28 rooms in total) 5-stars hotel in London. I stayed for 2 days and enjoyed every minute of it! Highly recommended! I will definitely come back, be it business or holiday. I think it will be the perfect hotel for someone who wants a treat or celebrating an anniversay or special date

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank CheeMun
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have stayed at "41" on average one week a month for the past year. The hotel is my "home away from home" as I travel from the US to Europe quite often for business. The rooms are wonderful, but it's the staff that make my stays remarkable!

I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather stay when in London!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ted_cominos
Reviewed 21 February 2012

If heaven was a hotel it would be Hotel 41. You 'go to the light' through a beautiful but low key front door. Whereupon you are greeted buy a very pleasant man who shows you the way. Which of course is through some golden gates, you then ascend on high in a golden elevator. At reception you are welcomed by a few angelic members of staff. Who's only job is make sure you stay there is 'heavenly'. Which is helped with a glass of bubbles.
But seriously. This hotel is amazing. No request is to big or to small. The atmosphere is one of grand opulence and also a romantic hideaway. It has many reasons to be the best hotel you've ever stayed in, but for me the main reason is the staff. They are very professional and yet remain the most friendly people. The turn down service is the most stunning you could imagine.
And as for the honesty bar, its stunning.
Do not not hesitate to book this hotel, it will be a memory that will last a lifetime.
Thank you God, sorry I mean Federic.

Room Tip: We had a room with a gas fire, which was so beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gavinmcdaid
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My wife and I spent 3 days here during mid-February 2012, and found it every bit as good as the many positive reviews had led us to believe. What differentiates 5-star hotels is not so much their infrastructure, but rather their staff, and that of the "41" is quite simply exceptional. We are used to good service but rarely in 40 years of extensive travelling have we met staff of the standard of the "41": personable, welcoming, impeccable, polyglot, immensely helpful, and genuinely friendly, they made our stay a real joy. The crisp linens, warm duvets, heavy robes and (somewhat recalcitrant but nevertheless cheerful) gas fire also turned our spacious room into a welcome haven from the unexpectedly cold London February weather, as did the well-appointed lounge with its gentlemen's club aura and - again - impeccable staff. In sum, as one reviewer has already put it, "There is no better place in London to spend your nights".

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank George_Lodge
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is a very special boutique hotel. The service is cheerful and attentive and was the perfect 20th anniversary treat for my husband and I. Our stay was made all the more delightful due to the fact that the hotel became a sanctuary away from a heavy snowfall. London had come to a standstill so after trudging past some familiar London landmarks in the snow, it was wonderful to access the delights of the executive lounge and snuggle by the open fire. An added surprise was the fabulous romantic turndown, with rose petals scattered in the bedroom and bathroom and floating candles. The anniversary cake, which had not been prearranged, but very welcomed, topped our evening. The breakfast was equally tasty and professionally presented and cooked. Would definitely recommend this hotel. An added quirk for us was the availability of a food menu for our for legged friends. I would assume therefore that there are even rooms available to dogs and their owners. Definitely worth a revist

• Stayed: February 2012
10  Thank Papillon032
Reviewed 16 February 2012

From the moment I set food in the classic entrance of the 41 Hotel, I was met with friendly smiles, great conversation, top class service and a lovely (and LARGE) flute of clear champagne. I have nothing but good words for this hotel and I highly recommend it to everyone. The hotel boats gorgeous classic english decor complete with mahogany oak, black and white checks and luxurious leather couches. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and luxurious. The executive lounge has a lovely private gentleman's club feel that I enjoyed immensely. My highest praise goes to the wonderful set of staff they have at this hotel. They were genuinely interested in their guests which is rare to see in hotels nowadays. Mr. Frederic Dallot in particular was fabulously witty and interesting.

When you drop by this gorgeous gem of a hotel (as you very well should), be sure to ask for the scrumptious 'Bloomberry' cocktail, a delightfully delicious signature concoction. There is no better place in London to spend your nights.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends