“Birthday Treat”

Ranked #1 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

After reading fantastic reviews on Hotel 41 my partner asked if i would like to stay for my Birthday
we stayed from 11th-13th March as the 12th was my Birthday, we did a deal on line that included a 3 course meal at The Library at the Rubens hotel(which was fantastic) and a upgrade to a deluxe room,as soon as we walked through the door i knew we would love it, we was warmly greeted and from that moment to the end of our stay the staff couldn't do enough for us to make sure it was perfect in every way,we upgraded again on arrival(well,it was a treat) and and so pleased we did the room was beautiful and split on two levels champagne on ice was waiting for us,the evening of my birthday i returned to our room to find it lit with scented candles and rose petals scattered over both rooms....what a lovely touch, so until the next time Thank You it Was Perfect

i

Room Tip: Just search the web and all reviews
2 Thank angeldustLeeds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rimini, Italy
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Me and my wife were looking for an outstanding boutique hotel in the very center of London, to spend few days with our 10 months daugther. Our main concern was to pick a superb accomodation possibly avoiding the luxurious clichés, vapid and stereotyped places, the likes of Dorchester and Savoy. Browsing the booking.com web site we discovered this small and outstanding hotel, impressed by the sober but fine and splendid black&white interior decoration. Then we sorted the hotels' list by review score and suddenly we noticed that in that moment the 41 was the only one to get the highest score (9.2).

We genuinely enjoyed to be guests at the stunning 41 and we are grateful to the management for the executive king size upgrade that was kindly prearranged for free, in order to let our stay be more cosy with the child's bed in the room. We also are immensely obliged to the whole staff for the fast, constant, remarkable and considerate assistance: whatever, whenever. Everybody was incredibly warm, kind and solicitous also with our baby and the teddy bear as gift, found on her bed during the second day of our stay, was the icing on the cake. Our opinion on any aspect of this marvelous place is unquestionably positive and we recommend it to everybody, being suitable for any kind of people and journey. The 41 also is very well located, just in front of the Royal Mews, lying so very close to the most desirable and fashionable districts. I believe that it is a jewel among hotels in London, but this will not be longer a well kept secret. So hurry up!

Diego

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ballyc
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed here for my daughter, Charlotte's, 18th birthday. Charlotte found this hotel after days of looking on the internet for different hotels and I must say she has chosen well. The service exceeded my expectations from the moment the door opened. To be greeted on the door by a young happy and courteous man was wonderful. The staff here at the hotel are incredible and are able to communicate with all age groups. Frederic (I hope I have spelt this correctly) was so helpful it was unlike anything I have experienced in London hotels. Nothing was too much trouble and the hotel has a wonderful club lounge feel which actually makes you think you are somewhere completely different to a busy city. When we arrived at our restaurant one evening in Regent Street to find it closed Charlotte rang the hotel and Frederic was most helpful even going to the point of finding us another similar restaurant . A table at 8.00pm on a Saturday evening is not that easy to find so bonus points for that. Also I must mention Julien (once again I hope the spelling is correct), once again so courteous and helpful especially organising nightclubs etc for my daughter. So Frederic and Julien your service was excellent and so refreshingand I will of course recommend your hotel. It goes without saying that all the other staff were equally as helpful and courteous but at the time of our stay at the hotel these two young men definately made an impression on our family. I find London very busy and usually try and avoid staying there however now I have found this amazing hotel '41' there is no doubt that whenever I visit London again that is where I will stay. Alot of other hotels could learn alot from you all at 41. Well done.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank A1Dawn
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I would like to thank Mr Frederic, Dhana, Monika and the other staff for the Great Great Great hospitality and welcoming. I have experienced the fabulous welcoming from the moment I have reserved the room, it was the first time in my hotels experience that such a hotel send me a forum to fell.They asked me about my preference and what I want them to prepare for me. once I arrived to the hotel they took me to the reception and ask me for any thing I would like to have while they sort me out. there where a complimentary snack and Tea in the lounge area for free. the lounge area is very nice and quite and classic. they toke me to the room no. 4114, and the lady has introduced the very nice room in a very nice way. As I was celebrating my 2nd wedding anniversary they have prepared a Turn-down romantic to the room and brought the best cake I have ever tasted. You just feel that you are the only one in the hotel. once you call the reception they welcome you by your name and deliver the service you require in just seconds. they provide you with every thing you want. the hotel is very quite and clean. simply the best hotel ever in welcoming and staff. I have visited Versace hotel in Gold coast, Atlantes in Dubai, One&only in Cape town, Intercontinental in London, and many hotels all around the world. the other hotels may be better in the lounge area as it is very big and very crowded. but non of the other hotels would deliver better service and hospitality as 41 ever.
Trust me it is extraordinary great hotel. one more thing to mention, once the hotel ordered me a taxi it was raining out side, so the bell man has given me an umbrella to take. Also I have asked them about the tasty cake, so they told me that they will send me the recipe. Best service... Best hospitality... Best welcoming... Best staff... very clean... very comfortable very good location... in total the best hotel ever!!

Room Tip: Romantic hotel. quite hotel. clean hotel.
3 Thank abdullah D
Herning, Denmark
Reviewed 18 March 2012

If you are prepared to pay for an intimate, cosy, and luxurious experience, Hotel 41 is the place to stay at. We have never felt more welcome and cared for than here.
We have tried various hotels in London, and we will definitely return to Hotel 41. We were there for our wedding anniversary, and in the evening we entered our room, which was decorated with rose petals and candle lights all over the place. The staff is efficient, professional and polite; the rooms are wonderful, and the service is excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CCLDENMARK
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed here in 2009 after finding it on Tripadvisor as #1 hotel in London. When we decided to go back to London again for a few days in March 2012 our first choice was to come back to 41. Ideal position to explore both the West End and museums etc. Service is impeccable. Staff are all extremely pleasant and helpful - nothing is too much trouble. Beautiful Anniversary cake on arrival, together with a red rose and rose petals on the bed that night (no extra charge!) - all because i mentioned our visit was for our anniversary when booking on the internet. Thoroughly recommended for a special stay. It is no wonder that it is #1 rated hotel in London.

4 Thank gpnew
toronto
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is one of the best hotel i stayed in. Everything was just perfect. The room was very clean,tidy , very quiet. The staff was great, good communication , courtesy, empathy.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business