Hotel 41
US$144
US$117
Orbitz.com
3,007 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebuckingham palaceprivate clubconservatory suiteromantic turndowna hot water bottlechampagne on arrivalrose petalscomplimentary snackshonesty barvictoria stationturn down servicemoment you arrivelittle touchesthe entire stafflounge areafifth floor
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I am a hotel Snob! I stay in hotels like the Four Seasons Egypt and The Setai 5th Avenue, New York. I don't write reviews cos I am very busy, but I had to write this one.The service in this hotel was better than amazing! The manager Frederic Dallot was a gem. He knows your name, he knows what you like from a simple conversation and he makes anything you need happen. My husband booked a night stay as an anniversary surprise and frederic handled every detail. From the cake upon arrival to the rose petals, candles and champagne when we got back from dinner which the hotel booked. He made sure my husband was aware of every detail like how long the candles burned for. I simply felt spoilt! Breakfast was really nice a choice of anything on the menu and a buffet. The bar is always available and a choice of snacks are included. Yes the hotel is small and the style is not very modern but you can not beat the service in this hotel. When we left we did not get a chance to see him. He sent us a personal email saying sorry he missed us and wished us well on our journey.

7  Thank tripmummy
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Many thanks to Frederic and all the staff at the 41 for yet another excellent weekend in London. This hotel is like no other and it is really all down to the staff. Yes they are courteous and efficient as you would expect, but what makes the difference is, they are all so friendly; they really enjoy looking after you.
From the moment you walk into the lobby, the first glass of champagne whilst checking in and relaxing in " The Library " you are in another world that is calm and warm and friendly.
The rooms have everything you would expect and more. On our latest stay we had an upgraded room / suite with 3 televisions!! We didn't watch any of them as there was too many other things to do.
Food served in the lounge is 1st class, there is a good choice and the prices are very reasonable. There is a fine selection of drinks from the bar and lovers of single malts will not be dissapointed.
Overall a highly recommended hotel, certainly the best we have stayed at in London, and amongst the best of the small hotels in the world.

Room Tip: We have stayed in several different rooms and, whilst some are larger than others, there isn't a lot to choose between them. They are all very well appointed, quiet and all have everything you need.
8  Thank paul s
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and Hotel 41 provide the best service I can remember. Nothing is too much trouble and it's a pleasure for them to do.

The rooms are very small, or at least the one I stayed in, which wasn't the cheapest room. That is the biggest letdown, but on balance it doesn't matter. Everything else makes up for it. Even the cooked breakfast was fantastic too, everything was perfect and the ingredients were fresh and the food was delicious.

I wholeheartedly recommend Hotel 41.

Room Tip: Go for the larger rooms, the "entry level rooms are very small".
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank happytraveller966
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We recently spent the weekend in London to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and I cant thank Frederic and his team enough for making it a truely memorable weekend. The room was gorgeous, as was the hotel and service. Being from South Africa, I also loved the little touches like having boerie for breakfast. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone, it was fabulous from start to finish.

5  Thank txw
Reviewed 26 March 2012

As a professional in the hospitality industry, I can only take my hat off to the team at Hotel 41!
The level of comfort is very high, rooms and common areas (the lounge, lobby...) beautifully decorated and always spotless. However, what distinguishes 41 most from any other hotel I've visited is the level of service. Every member of staff does their best to ensure your stay is up to your expectations, and more. Efficient, but also extremely kind, courteous and genuinely good people.
In the lobby, you are offered instantly assistance as to organising transport, restaurant reservations etc. My girlfriend and I were welcomed by a charming young lady named Laura.
Check-in, which is done champagne in hand in the executive lounge, with Magda was more like a chat with a friend than an administrative process. Again, efficient and enjoyable.
The executive lounge is excellent. A great private club feel to it, and flawless service. One interesting young man called Michael stood out particularly. While the lounge always seemed quite full with jolly guests, he was able to provide the highest standard of service anyone could ever hope for. Fast, yet poised and calm. He is talkative, charming, and seems quite intelligent. Another was Boris, a thoroughly good chap and a true professional who often teamed up with Rita, an experienced team leader who is always happy and friendly.
Many others in the lobby and lounge (whose names I unfortunately didn't catch) made our stay wonderful. All led by an awesome manager, Frederic (who seems to live there), and is evidently the inspiration of his staff. He leads by example.
I will be back soon.

Room Tip: split level junior suite
5  Thank Michael J