“Exceptional stay at Hotel 41”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 July 2012

As a frequent traveller on business, I do not dedicate much time to writing hotel reviews. Hotel 41; however, is much more than a hotel. It was an experience. The attention to detail and exceptional staff made me feel more welcome than any other european hotel ever has. This willingness to go the extra mile is what motivated my desire to thank the owners for truly being attentive to their guests and encourage those who haven't yet been guests to visit this rare pearl. I believe that one can understand how wonderful a hotel is when instead of looking forward to returning home, it pinches one's heart to leave.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Brenda K

Reviewed 13 July 2012

This is someplace i tell you. I felt like a king when i stayed here its amazing. The rooms and the hotel is finished to a very high standard. This is a dream hotel a little exspensive but well worth it for a treat. I will be returning at somepoint.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jamie F
Reviewed 11 July 2012

If you want to be pampered like royalty search no longer... This is the perfect dream hotel. Everything you can imagine and much more. The best service we`ve already experienced in our lifetime.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Paulo61_10
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel is a great find - the staff are so incredibly helpful, very attentive, polite and go the extra mile to make your stay extremely memorable. Normally we would stay at other 5 star hotels in London and would receive great service, but this is just on a different level. Very quiet, savoir beds with mattress toppers, superfine cotton bedlinen, unbelievable
breakfast (with pink champagne if required - which is also provided on arrival) and lovely executive lounge with honesty bar for late night drinks - but hotel very quiet and peaceful. Will return for sure - now my hotel of choice in London for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Donna1303
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at 41 for our honeymoon, and loved everything about our stay. The service is exceptional. All the little touches are done well.

Without being obtrusive, the staff is vigilant and gets all the details right. Every time we left the room it was straightened before our return. Water at night, fruit left in your room as a snack, it is like the staff knows what you want before you want it.

The rooms are great, although we had to examine a few before settling on one with one that had high enough ceilings to accommodate my height.

The concierge was amazing and got us fantastic tickets (second row, center) to a sold out performance of Wicked on little notice.

If you have the means and will be in London, then stay at 41. My wife and I look forward to staying there for our second Honeymoon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jth11110
Reviewed 9 July 2012

For the third year in a row, my husband and I stayed at 41, aptly named for its location at 41 Buckingham Palace Road. Yes, it is right across the street from the Queen's residence and a short walk to The Green Park, St. James Park, all the sights, and great restaurants. You can walk anywhere from 41! 41 is part of the fabulous Red Carnation hotels, and 41 lives up to its 5 star rating. The staff know your name the moment you arrive (and from year to year), the accomodations are spectacular, the attention to detail is beyond any we've experienced anywhere in the world. You make friends with the staff, and no request is too big or too small. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in London. The combination of location, staff, and accommodations can't be beat. I am only worried in writing this review that 41 will be discovered and we'll have trouble booking a room the next time we go to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows facing the street, so that you get the maximum amount of light. I reques...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Madeleine J
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I had planned a special weekend for my best friends 50th birthday. Staying at hotel 41 was part of this and it was wonderful. Pink champagne on arrival and such a lovely reception from the staff. They were engaging and interested. The room was small but quality and we loved the 'whatever whenever' button on the phone. On returning to our room we found a birthday cake and two red roses on our beds boy did we feel special.
What made us feel like princesses was the way we were treated with such interest and care. We adored the executive lounge with service on tap and the pantry to raid at will. Nothing was too much trouble and having requested a taxi for a certain time the receptionist even ran around the corner and up the road to find one and bring it back to the hotel for us. Great location, fabulous service and luxury. Not cheap but very worth it!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends