“What an amazing hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“What an amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights for our 10 wedding anniversary and from the moment we walked through the doors the amazing customer service began. We were a little early so while we checked in and waited for our room to prepared we were offered a complementary glass on champagne and nibbles.
The room was immaculately clean and big enough for the two of us.
We had breakfast both morning and I'd highly recommend the full English.
Overall the hotel and staff were so amazing and really helped make our weekend unforgettable and well deserve they're number 1 status on here!
See you next year!!

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Outstanding reception, crisp attention to detail, comfortable beds/rooms, and useful sightseeing tips! My family visited London for the first time and we were so pleased with the hotel location and superb staff. The Hotel 41 added so much to our overall "tourist" experience! The staff arranged for us to see The Lion King at the Lyceum--excellent balcony seats with a clear view. All meals we ate at the hotel were served hot and we thought they were delicious. We were so comfortable that it was hard to leave. What a restful, warm, and much needed break!

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Gary K
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

The decor is a little bit like staying in a Winston Churchill museum which is a taste thing, but I'll tell you this - you won't find more attentive, personal service anywhere. I actually got homesick after leaving this hotel! It starts with Breakfast in a lovely library-like setting. This is where it all centers. The concierge is in the Library. There are always something interesting to nibble on in the presentation display. Small refrigerators hold a collection of soft drinks and waters. Meals are also served there, and I had an awesome steak right next to the fireplace. This is not an expansive property, there are not a lot of rooms (which is great!) so it is very homey. They take care of everything.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Gary F
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

What an amazing hotel. It is beautifully run and nothing is ever too much for the more than able hotel staff. This is our second visit to this hotel and we will most certainly be back again soon. Where else can you say you were greeted in London with a smile and beautiful glass of champagne on arrival. The rooms although a little on the small side are perfectly situated and you hear nothing from the other rooms at all, which is unusual with most new hotels these days. Bravo to all the staff for another superb stay.... We will be back.

Room Tip: A super place to stay in London
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lawrence B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

I had a long overnight layover flying through Heathrow so I decided to get a room and picked Hotel 41 based off the reviews.

This is a very quaint property just a block from Victoria Station. I wish I had more time to explore as I hadn't been in London in 25 years. I was able to go out the next day before my flight and walk through Chelsea and the Sloane Square area on a nice but damp fall day.

The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful and the room was spacious but they did upgrade me to a suite. The suite did seem to have one too many (3) bathrooms for its size but the rooms weren't big enough for anything else. The hallways are narrow and the hotel is a bit of a maze but that adds to the charm for me. It is across the street from the Royal Horse Guards barracks so I awoke to the sound of horses clomping down the street. Not loud or annoying and again it just adds to the charm.

The main room has 24/7 light snacks and drinks. The only meal I had was breakfast but it was excellent.

I will stay here again if my travels take me back through London. Hopefully, I'll have more time to explore and enjoy the surroundings and I'll bring someone along to explore with.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank RF69stang
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Stayed at this fantastic property 2 weeks ago, when shopping in London. From the moment you enter a small lobby to check in with a glass of champagne upstairs - they make you feel like you are back home. Black and white theme - very nice. Room was rather small but I was away most of the day. Bed - so comfortable I had problems getting up! Room - spotless. Amenities - delightful. Food - delicious. Service - exceptional. A few names to mention. Monica - very attentive and confident young lady was fun to chat with. Magda - her smile made me feel most welcome everytime I was around. Victoria - very polite and professional. She remembered my favourite way of drinking tea and I was quite impressed! As I could see the hotel was very busy she made me feel like I was the most important guest in the restaurant (or lobby). Sebastien - very polite fine gentleman who not only had enough patience to explain to me twice how to operate air con panel but also checked with me later that day if I felt comfortable enough in my room. Everybody around was very busy but I felt like at home. Will defenitely stay again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank CJNYC1969
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Simply the best hotel experience of a lifetime of travel. The concept of service, support and loft living works well to make the experience hassle free. Raid the pantry after a long day in London was an anticipated event. The staff was there to make your stay effortless. It cannot be improved on.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple