“Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here for my 21st birthday as a surprise from my boyfriend. I've never been anywhere and been treated so nicely. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff there. I was given roses and chocolates and surprised with a 'romantic turndown' in the room which was amazing. We were given a room upgrade as it was a special occasion, and the hotel arranged our entire evening when we went to see Billy Elliot. They booked our tickets which were right at the front in the middle and got me a signed programme which they left on the dinner table which was also covered in rose petals.
The pantry where you can eat complimentary food throughout the day is also delicious! came back after Billy Elliot and we had bread and salamis and cheeses and haagen daaz!
It was an amazing and unforgettable 2 days and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Kim S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have stayed in a lot if hotels in my lifetime and this one definitely stands out. Genuine attention to detail with a smile is not something that is easy to instil in the staff.. That is because they must really enjoy what they do.. And this wonderful boutique has pulled it off in virtually every category. From choice and quality of champagnes to supplying plasters (band aids). Your attention and friendliness right from the entrance to departure sets you a class above the rest.. And the Eggs Royale were definitely the best I gave tasted! Congrats to all staff!

4 Thank PhMallory
London
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Wow!!! What a beautiful boutique hotel this is. Fantastic staff who are never overbearing, but always on hand to help if needed. The rooms were large enough and well decorated.
The complimentary food and nibbles means you never go hungry for long.
The location is also great for visiting Buckingham Palace which is a stones throw away. Maybe not the cheapest hotel available but you get what you pay for - first class service and any needs catered for.
Thanks again to all the staff for making this a truly memorable Valentines stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Morbidmoby
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Having a very romantic boyfriend, I have been lucky enough to stay in some gorgeous hotels. He booked us in to the conservatory suite of hotel 41 for valentines. It was a gorgeous split level suite with a glass roof, open fireplace, the most comfy bed and all the mod cons you could need. The bathroom had a corner jacuzzi bath, stand up rainfall shower and a mirrored ceiling. The suit was decorated beautifully in a monochrome theme. We also had a bouquet of flowers and champagne on ice on arrival. My boyfriend had arranged this prior to arrival and you could tell great care had been taken to set this up. We went out for dinner and whilst enjoying drinks in the lounge, staff had put more champagne in the room with roses, scattered petals throughout the suite, beautifully arranged roses, strawberries and massage oils on the bed as well as pretty tea lights dotted around the suite. Again you could tell the staff had ensured this was all arranged perfectly.
From the moment you step in the hotel you are treated like royalty, amazingly friendly, attentive staff. Check in was quick and we were treated to champagne whilst being checked in and shown the executive lounge, which has an honesty bar where you can help yourself to drinks and log it in the book, or you could have one of the lovely staff serve you drinks, cocktails, wine, (etc). They also served cider which pleased my boyfriend. Nothing was too much for the staff. The hotel has plunder the pantry at night where you can relax in the executive lounge whilst helping yourself to complimentary cakes, cheeses, breads, cold cuts, crisps, desserts amongst other delicious goodies.
Check out was swift and easy and you were offered tea, coffee or soft drinks whilst check out was completed. From start to finish it was made special, can't compliment the staff enough.
Having stayed at the savoy New Year's Eve and thinking wow, I was even further impressed with this hidden little gem of a hotel. Definitely my new favourite. My boyfriend likes to treat me to a different hotel when we stay in London and I love the fact it's a new one each time but this is one I would return to again and again.

5 Thank Nudger96
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed for one night on business and found it via a random search on the web. I always book direct with the hotel and the booking process was easy. Upon arrival at this chique, boutique hotel I was taken to check in at the lounge and offered a glass of champagne. From then one the level of service, attention to detail was exemplary. My US colleagues stayed at the Marriott, Park Lane for room 4 pounds cheaper, bio prizes for guessing which was the better value. Although I was unable to enjoy it for long everything, even to a take away latte when I checked out was outstanding. Turn down service included lit candles and fresh fruit waiting for me. Lounge had snacks during the afternoon and an honour bar. Great location, great staff, great hotel. We will be back. I have already recommended it to my US based colleagues.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Charlie300658
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I can't praise the service and hospitality at hotel 41 enough. We have stayed at the hotel several times both as a couple and as a family with 3 children. The staff can not do enough for you and it's the personal touches that make it such a wonderful experience.

3 Thank Lewbeneve3
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hideaway right in the centre of London. I cannot speak too highly of this hotel. We were celebrating a landmark birthday and the excellent staff insured that our stay was as near perfect as possible. I would like to return - something I have not said in any of my many reviews on this site.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple