“Wow as Usual - A London Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Calgary
“Wow as Usual - A London Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stay at this hotel several times a year when I travel to London for business. The location is very central with easy to access the Underground. The secret of this hotel is the service, I have no idea what the staff to guest ratio is, but there is always someone to help you available at any time of the day. I regularly have business meetings in their boardroom, and they have assisted me getting tickets to plays and London events while I am in town with excellent attention to detail. I like to think of Hotel 41 as my home in London.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Jeff S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Preston, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was the best and most relaxing stay in London we have ever had, largely due to the nature of the hotel and the staff and management who work there. The service started before our visit with the manager asking for our personal preferences so that they could be accommodated for our arrival.

We received a complimentary room upgrade overlooking the Royal Mews, with complimentary champagne and personal message from the manager marking our special occasion.

Hotel 41 is a small but beautifully appointed hotel with top quality furnishings and room accessories. Although rooms are not huge the focus is very much on quality and service, rather than size. The theme of quality runs throughout the hotel.

The staff were exemplary and very attentive; some may have seen this as overbearing, however we didn't feel this way. The staff were very astute in knowing which guests welcomed their interaction and those who didn't. It was a touch of theatre in the executive lounge, if you wanted it. It was also very pleasant to be addressed by name (although this was never too formal).

We loved it!

3 Thank DMR1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel with the family, and it really was an excellent stay. The location is excellent, the staff are great, and I liked the decor. They also do a lot of small things that do make you stay that little bit more special.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank James L
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been fortunate enough to have stayed at Hotel 41 a number of times and the service, ambiance and every bit about this Hotel stays constant.
It is superb, from the moment you arrive at the reception desk through to the very personal service received from every member of staff throughout your stay.
All the staff want you to have a great experience, you can just tell and you do.
I love to book in around lunchtime and just sit in the wonderful library surrounding until early evening, nibbling and drinking their brilliant wine, I just don't want to go anywhere, sad but true.
I cannot recommend this Hotel more highly, it is just luxury.
Additionally you are a few hundred yards walk from Buckingham Palace and the beautiful St. James Park as well as 20 minutes walk to Park Lane and West End.

Room Tip: I guess that every room must be of the same high standard so choose according to your requirement...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank bowdlerb
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our 4th time staying at 41 and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, it was excellent again! Monika and the team looked after us like old friends. 41 is relaxing, peaceful, friendly and quite simply the best place we've found to stay in London. Hoping to be back again for Christmas!

1 Thank HighMaintenance69
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in Hotel 41. The experience was overwhelming. The staff was professional, attentive, and exacting. Most times when I mentioned an issue or desire in passing it was acted upon immediately. This is a one-of-a-kind gem of a hotel. I would have loved to stay longer, unfortunately, we had to leave. The location is perfect and obscure. But don't worry. Most taxi drivers in London know its location. Strongly recommend you stay there, even for a short stay, and be prepared to be treated like royalty. The stay was unforgettable and it is our location of choice on a future visit to London!

3 Thank Ronald T
The Frozen North
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would just like to reiterate what others have said. I booked this hotel following all the great reviews as a 60th birthday surprise for my mum and I was not disappointed.

After a very early morning flight, my mum and I were greeted very warmly with a glass of Champagne and were told we had been upgraded! We sat in the Executive lounge, taking in all the beautiful surroundings whilst we waited for Eggs Benedict (which I would strongly recommend)!

You were made to feel very relaxed and encouraged to soak up the atmosphere. There was food in abundance. You will never go hungry and Stefan was always on had with a glass of Champagne!

The hotel is ideally situated for Victoria station and Harrods is only a 20 minute walk away. The hotel staff are very knowledgeable, are more than happy to give you advice, directions and a map.

In a our room, there was a cake and a note saying 'Happy Birthday'. Such a lovely touch, i thought!

I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Thank you

Room Tip: Any, they are all fantastic!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family