“Perfect luxury in the heart of London” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Arrowtown, NZ
“Perfect luxury in the heart of London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have stayed in London on many occasions but after a friend's recommendation we booked Hotel 41 for the last few days of a month's holiday in Europe. We were certainly not disappointed as the quiet "club" atmosphere, luxurious rooms and amenities were outstanding. The staff were a perfect balance of friendliness and professionalism - right from the welcome champagne to our evening departure for Heathrow. Arrangements were made on our behalf without hesitation or fuss. The availability of snacks and substantial evening food in the lounge was a bonus. Lauren and the front desk staff were wonderful and we can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank drkenbuck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sussex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I must admit I had never heard of Hotel 41 when my husband told me he had chosen this hotel for our anniversary stay in London. However I knew it would be good as he had selected it because of its superb Trip Advisor reviews. What we hadn't anticipate was how fabulous our stay would be!!!

From the moment we arrived through the doors we experienced fantastic customer service. We were offered champagne by the Stephan the most unique, eccentric, likeable member of the Hotel 41 team. Such a wonderful way to welcome us.

The decor in the Executive Lounge is sumptuous and luxurious. The skylight ceiling allowing the afternoon sunshine to flood into the room. We later returned to this room in the evening to relax and enjoy a complementary drink and ice cream.

When we were shown to our room we were told that we had been upgraded to the Conservatory Suite. We didn't appreciate at the time how lucky we were until the member of staff kindly showed us to our accommodation. The suite consisted of a lounge area downstairs, upstairs was the bedroom, dressing room and huge bathroom. We were absolutely amazed when a button was pressed and the white ceiling folded back to show a huge glass conservatory roof! The suite was gorgeous, black and white themed luxury. A huge bed, a huge bath, a huge television and the stunning glass ceiling. We slept under that stars that evening, a truly unique experience.

Breakfast lived up to expectations. We dined in the Executive lounge which had been converted into a dining room. My husband opted for a cooked breakfast, whilst I decided to help myself to the Breakfast buffet bar. All top ingredients, and service second to none.

We really can not fault this amazing hotel. It you are fortunate enough to be able to stay here you will not be disappointed. Thank you Hotel 41 for making our anniversary stay so memorable. We literally can not wait to come back and visit!

Room Tip: For a special occasion the Conservatory Suite is amazing!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MT40
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

After some deliberation I decided to stay in the number one ranked TripAdvisor hotel in London for my 2 days in the city. Expected great things and in some areas they delivered, in others not quite. The room(exc king) was rather small but I knew that ahead of time when making the booking, the bathroom in particular was pretty tiny, and the lack of a separate walk in shower was disappointing, there was a shower vent in the ceiling over the bath. Heated towel rail didn't seem to be on at any point. Liked the black and white theme of the room, bed and sheets were outstanding and I slept great on both nights. Had read in other reviews that the positioning of the t.v was awkward but mine was directly in front of the bed and could easily be watched. The t.v in the bathroom was also a nice touch. Always plenty of piping hot water throughout was well.

The staff were first class, as you would imagine, couldn't do enough for me or any of the other guests, friendly, welcoming and all round fantastic. The executive lounge was my favorite place to be, so relaxing and comfy, great peaceful atmosphere(I appeared to be the only English person in the hotel the entire 2 days, it seems to be very popular with Americans), the buffet or "Plunder the Pantry" both nights were a pleasure, lovely food, cheeses, meats, fish, prawns, types of bread, fruits and many other treats, desserts as well and sweets and crisps etc laid on throughout the daytime to help yourself to at any time. Free ice cream as well and an honesty bar with a wide selection of drinks. This is not to say that the staff just leave you to fend for yourself, because they are on hand should you need any assistance whatsoever. Had read in previous reviews that they were too attentive at times, but I didn't see or experience any of this, the balance was in my view just right.

Breakfast was on reflection, good but not great, the full english was good, the continental was rather disappointing though, selection wasn't as thorough and the pastries not as fresh or as tasty as say, at The Dorchester or the Langham, where I have also stayed in the past few months, so overall pretty good, but not as luxurious or as wide a choice as at the aforementioned places. For two nights with breakfast included and factoring in some drinks I had from the honor bar, the entire stay was just over 800, which when you consider your getting the buffet on tap all evening and treats on tap all day, however much or often you want, is fantastic.

To sum up it was a very enjoyable stay, the buffet delivered, the staff were great, room was ok, but small, am sure the suites would be lovely to stay in, the lounge a great place to be, the hotel doesnt have the historic or grand scale of many other famous london hotels, but thats what makes it different and I would recommend staying here and seeing for yourselfs.

Room Tip: Executive King rooms are pretty small, certainly not a problem if your a single person staying, but...
4 Thank Carl Y
Whitefish, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

When visiting London Hotel 41 is a must! Absolute perfection from the minute you enter the front door. The entire staff was accommodating and genuinely concerned with exceeding all of our expectations. Our dining experiences for breakfast and dinner were excellent.

During our stay we had a family emergency back in the US and the Executive Lounge was a very comforting environment for us to spend time. The staff was attentive but not intrusive.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TexasTravellingMiMi
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had one night to spend by myself in London before meeting my group. This was exactly what I wanted. There is a pleasant lounge where you can get a simple meal in a club like atmosphere. I do not like going out to dinner alone so this was perfect. I noticed families enjoyed this feature as well. The staff was amazing. As soon as I checked in everyone knew my name. I do not know how they do it. I wanted a luxury stay for the night and this definitely met the desire. It is within walking distance of the the pageantry of Buckingham Palace, the city's beautiful parks and historic buildings.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Barbara K
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is truly the finest hotel in London. This is quite a statement as London has a mulltitude of excellent hotels. I have never received the level of attention in decades of travel spanning several continents as I encountered at this hotel. The room was also truly beautiful. THis was a trip I will always cherish.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vincent M
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was my first visit to HOTEL 41, but it will not be my last. This hotel is truly a little jewelbox in the heart of the City. With just 25 rooms, and as many staff, they offer a very high level of personal attention, and unlike some other high-end facilities, where the staff frequently seem overly-impressed with themselves, the staff at 41 seem to be interested only in giving you the very best experience possible. The room and bath were beautiful and comfortable, the food and wine was delicious (with a never-ending spread of treats in the Lounge, if you leave the facility hungry it certainly isn't their fault!), and the service, as mentioned above, was impeccable.

4 Thank Steven C