“By Far Best Hotel we have ever experienced”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel 41 exceeded our expectations from the moment the door opened to the Lobby. They knew who we were before we introduced ourselves. We traveled with our children ages 8,12,and 16 as well as my parents aged 65. The employees went above and beyond to make sure everyones experience there was unforgetable. All the small details were attended to. Unfortunately a main water line was broken down the street while we were there causing the water to be shut down and the hotel staff provided extra bottles of water and whatever else they could to make it bearable in the meantime. And I can honestly say even with that glich (which was beyond their control) we had the most amazing time. Also the location is absolutely fabulous. Walking distance to all the main attractions one would want to see in London.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BWebb75
Write a ReviewReviews (2,880)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

From the moment I was greeted at the lobby with the offer to valet park my car to the moment I departed the hotel, everything and everyone at 41 was a credit to RC Hotels. Quirky, yes, the most luxurious, possibly not, but in terms of the welcome, staffing, comfort, and being made to feel like a privileged individual and not just a number, 41 didn't miss a beat.

Arriving at 8.30am, a complimentary breakfast and a room to change in was offered by Monika and Lauren at reception which got us off to a fabulous start. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff and each of them were extremely polite, very well trained, and were faultless in making our stay as comfortable as possible at all times. The rooms were very comfortable and well sized, whilst the Executive Club styled bar and dining area was well stocked with a diverse range of goodies that you were welcome to enjoy at any time of day. Located wonderfully close to Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station you could be forgiven at times for thinking you were in a country retreat as it was so quiet in the room which was located at the front of the hotel. A lovely experience, and one that everything about 41 would happily make me want to return to. A great place to stay in London for those travelling long haul.

Well done 41, especially Monika! We'll see you again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if they're not fully booked.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bigmart70
Reviewed 9 July 2014

we are the goofy americans people talk about, and still the staff was so uniformly cheerful, polite and friendly that we felt accepted and welcomed. they were more than eager to assist even when i got food poisoning and was a mess. i dealt with probably 10 different employees, and they were all gracious. i will definitely be back :)

Room Tip: we wanted adjoining rooms and 4105 and 4106 were ideal with a small private hall connecting them.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bronwyn c
Reviewed 8 July 2014

What a great hotel in such a perfect location, in the heart of the city very close to all the major shopping, nightlife and attractions. Hotel 41 is a hotel within a hotel, its the top floor of another hotel and a very stylish and comfortable space. Surprisingly large for downtoen london and a very solid staff. Loved the hotel and the area

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank max j
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel 41 is a super fantastic hotel with super excellent service! And that's putting it lightly! My husband is a die hard Ritz Carlton fan. I was surprised when he suggested we stay at a Red Carnation Hotel, but, well, who am I to complain? Hotel 41 exceeded our expectations and for some reason I felt privileged to stay there. It's that good. It's way past excellent!

We were able to compare room decor and size with a similar room at the Grosvenor Hotel where one of our friends was staying. Our bed was the size of his entire room, no need to discuss the differences any further.

As for service, the attendants are way past exceptional. For example, we traveled to London to see the Monty Python Stage Show. Monica found all the reviews and printed them out for us as they came in. Stefan always humored us with interesting stories about the places on our daily itinerary and the key items to look for. Florat somehow knew the answers to his questions before he asked them. For example, I always draw a blank before my morning coffee. One morning I went to the Lounge to get some coffee. Florat that he would deliver it to our room and asked me the room number. I drew a blank. I just couldn't remember it. It didn't matter because Florat knew the room number anyway. He did the same thing when I couldn't remember what my husband wanted for breakfast. Heck, he'd probably even remind me what I wanted for breakfast. It is people like Monica, Stefan, and Florat that make the Hotel 41 the super special hotel it is.

After all is said and done, the part that is nearest and dearest to my heart are the afternoon service candies. No, not for me, although they are super delicious. I packed a couple bags of candy in my suitcase to give to my kids when I get home. I can easily say that my kids are regular candy connoisseurs. They said these are the most delicious they have ever tasted anytime anywhere. I agree with them.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Busiukas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It has been a number of years since my last visit. While the lobby lounge keeps getting better there were a couple of complaints from my recent stay.

Rooms-while well appointed the bathrooms were very small and the showers especially small for a large guest. I stayed in three different rooms and found that when a separate shower area was provided the space was tiny.
The Hospitality Suite at 839 pounds was much too expensive while the other rooms at 395 were fairly priced.
On two occasions I asked about renting a local cell phone. No one gave me an answer. There is a large staff but I never figured out the distribution of responsibility.
Upon checkout they resolved my misunderstanding about champagne in the lounge being free rather than 16 or 17 pounds per glass. They were willing to write off the charges but I said that a 50% discount would be fine.
I was never introduced to the General Manager and would have expected this to happen at such a small boutique hotel.
Overall I find the property special and well worth a visit.

Room Tip: be sure to inquiry about the ceiling height, some rooms have low ceilings. Also check the size of th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank boatbuddy2007_12
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The staff was the best!!! They treated us like royalty. They always had smiles on their faces, always ready for recommendations for places to eat, how to get to various locations by taxi or train.We loved London and would come back again and probably stay here just for the service that the staff gives. its simply the best for the short stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple