“The No1 Boutique Hotel in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Swindon
“The No1 Boutique Hotel in London”
Reviewed 10 November 2008

From start to finish this Hotel was a pleasure to stay in. On arrival we took the lift to the check in desk where we were met by friendly and warm staff.

Our room was upgraded free of charge to a split level suite, which was being made ready as we arrived. To pass the time we had afternoon Tea in the lounge, by the fire place accompanied with a couple of glasses of Champagne.

Once ready we were shown to our room, which had the wow factor and every possible luxury. The room was clean and had plenty of space including a massive bed and an ensuite bathroom with two showers.

In the lounge is a bar which has a range of complimentary drinks and snacks as well as a help yourself honesty system if you wanted something stronger.

All in all a great stay and had the feel of a home from home so we will definately be back in the new year to celerbrate something else.

• Liked — Decor and Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Giugiaro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 2 November 2008

This fifth floor boutique hotel attached to the Rueban Hotel is well worth the price. A fine executive lounge, private elevator and attentive staff offer a great value in London. The hotel's restaurants and lounges offer quality food and drinks. We will return.

• Liked — Size and attention to guests.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank wmdtjr
California
Reviewed 1 November 2008

This hotel has many positive attributes that you can find by reading other reviews on this site. It is beautiful, has a refined atmosphere, and is in an excellent location. The reason I gave Hotel 41 such a poor review has to do with service. After checking out and arriving back in the United States in late July 2008, my wife realized that she left behind a pair of shorts.

We called Hotel 41 staff two times and e-mailed them three times. On three separate occasions in September and early October, staff members e-mailed my wife that the shorts were being sent in the mail from London to the United States. The shorts have not arrived as of early November. Obviously, the shorts are not being sent to us even though three separate assurances were made that the shorts would be sent.

I realize this is not monumental, but in general, first class hotels are rated as such because of excellent service (in addition to well above average amenities). Please judge for yourself if this is first class service.

Stayed July 2008
7 Thank SteeleCalifornia
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2008

We went to Hotel 41 for the first two nights of our Honeymoon before flying. Had a lovely stay, the hotel is everything you would expect of a 5 star London Hotel. We booked through the Hotel Website, which offered a slightly better deal that some of the hotel booking websites.

The building is wonderful, the entrance is right next door to the Rubens Hotel – very discrete entrance, quite easy to miss, many of the cab drivers did not know the hotel, so ask for the Rubens…

The receptionist gave an extremely warm welcome and even champagne on arrival – which was a nice touch to begin our honeymoon, she also arranged for candles and rose petals in the room upon our return from dinner – which again was fabulous!

Overall staff were extremely attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them…

Just a few minor niggles…. We learned that you need to put the Do Not Disturb sign on your door, otherwise you will be interrupted in the evening – the electronic do not disturb sign did not appear to work in our room, neither the desk lamp.

At check-in we were offered the opportunity to upgrade our room, at a reduced price – which we took. Whilst the bed was huge, we felt the room to be a little cramped, it was difficult to pass between the bed and the desk – it would have been interesting to see a how much smaller our original room was.

A small bar area was provided in the room, which was cramped, possibly better to leave it with the sofa and table, to give the room a more spacious feel…

Our tea cups were removed in the evening and not returned for our early morning tea – additionally, tea bags were not replenished at all during our stay.

The other issue, was we were disturbed by the occupants of the room next to us (I fully appreciate that this is totally out of the hotels control) – however they had a rather squeaky bed….

Overall a great stay.. with some wonderful touches… especially “Plunder the Pantry”…

• Liked — The way we were made to feel very special.
  • Disliked — Cramped Room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lizzylizlizza
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 October 2008

If you are thinking about staying at this hotel, stop thinking and just do it because there is no way you will be disappointed! I would agree with a previous reviewer that booking through the hotel website will most likely give you the best deal. There are various tempting packages on offer. We stayed in an executive room and had complimentary wireless internet and english breakfast included. The staff were very attentive and polite, without being stuffy. I was a bit dubious about the compact communal lounge area, but as the hotel doesnot seem to encourage access to non-residents, this area serves its multiple functions very well. I am absolutely besotted with this hotel and thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants a personalised hotel experience, and not made to feel like just another paying guest.

• Liked — Great service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank Harbourbridge
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel for my first and only stay. The registration process was easy and pleasant. The lobby and rooms was above expectations. However, when I checked out I noticed all these extra charges. For example, when I registered they offered me a glass of champagne but when offered a refill they failed to explain that it would cost $30. Later on I was in the lobby and was offered a glass of wine. I found on my bill that I was charged over $25 for that glass of wine. The continental breakfast in the lobby which was explained to be part of the room price was $50. None of these charges had signed receipts with them either. When I disputed the charge when I left they acted like I made the mistake and no one else seems to complain about it. After further polite protests, I decided to take my complaints to Centurion Amex Travel who booked it so they can at least note it as I am noting here as well. My issues were not resolved with the hotel even after requesting a call from the manager. If it wasn't for the sneaky charges, I would've been able to say it was a perfect 5.0 experience.

• Liked — the room was great - clean, spacious, filled with amenities, and comfortable
  • Disliked — sneaky charges added to the bill without prior knowledge or authorization
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
5 Thank AirDumas
Manhattan, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2008

I travel a lot with my 18 months old daugher and we always stay at 5 star hotels. Because of that, we are used to good treatment and at least something resembling true luxury. I booked the 41 hotel in London through LuxuryLink and got a good deal on our stay, so I expected a somewhat lukewarm approach upon arrival, but my fears were completely ungrounded. Everybody at the hotel was incredibly welcoming and by the third day, I was looking forward to going "home" (the hotel) in the evening and have a tea at the fireplace. Despite the extra work my little daughter presented the staff with, nobody was ever dismissive or impatient with us; from the wonderful waiters to "Uncle Andrew" (the resident manager of the hotel, Andrew Gortchacow, who could not have been more perfect in any way - ever so kind and professional, he even went down to the store one night to buy a pacifier for my daughter!), everbody did their absolute best to make my stay with a toddler enjoyable. The food was good, the rooms were lovely, I liked the design and all the late night snacks we were provided with (such as olives and a fruit basket every evening); and, the location is excellent as well, the hotel being practically opposite Buckingham Palace. The hotel did a great job on booking us tours and helpings us with suggestions for sightseeing, and the staff even packed us a free lunch basket when we left for our trip (full of fruits and other snacks, things my daughter preferred to eat). All in all, this is a hotel best suited for people who want luxury but also a relaxed, romantic, super friendly atmosphere, along with a very well trained, accomodating staff. Thank you everyone at the 41 for making my birthday this year truly special - I can hardly wait to go back!

• Liked — Professional and welcoming staff
  • Disliked — Tiny corridors and small elevators
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo