“3 days in London - this is the place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“3 days in London - this is the place!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I had the chance for a short trip to London without our kids. We had not been to London in nearly 20 years. We wanted to make the most of our three days and nights and the Hotel 41 was the perfect place to do so. The location near Buckingham palace was excellent. It was easy to walk to places such as Westminster Abbey and the London Eye from there, and there was a tube station close by. We also took a few taxis, which the hotel staff hailed for us. The Victoria Palace theater is just around the corner, where we saw the show Billy Elliott. Every morning we had a fantastic English breakfast, and we also had high tea as part of our package, which we thoroughly enjoyed. (It was a much more relaxed and gracious experience than the time we had tea at the Savoy back in college!) Each night when we got back from the theater we had an amazing "snack" as part of the hotel's "raid the pantry" service. We had everything from smoked salmon to miniature shepherd's pies to ceviche, wonderful cheeses, and sea salt caramel ice cream. I looked forward to it every night! Our room at the hotel was spacious, elegant, and very comfortable, with everything we could have needed or asked for by way of amenities. Every staff member we had interaction with was kind, professional, and helpful. I have only praise for the Hotel 41, and will happily go back if I have the chance to go to London again.

7 Thank Penthesileia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Well…
Whoever will read this review is lucky.
Why lucky? because after you finish, you will definitely reserve this fabulous hotel.

This Boutique hotel is definitely the best in London.
I have stayed in more than 20 different hotels in London and can't compare hotel 41 to others.

Location:
Absolutely best possible in London.
Quite area and yet close to most London sites. (Big Ben, London Eye, all the Parks, Piccadilly, Museum and of course Buckingham palace)

Room:
Wonderful. Well equipped, clean and shine.
The best room in London for 400-450 pounds rate.

Service:
OK… This is the best point here…
I was always dreamed to get in London Hotels the service I'm getting in Thailand.
I always thought it's impossible…
Well… I was wrong!
The service in Hotel 41 is the best in any western hotel I had (Have experience with more than 150 hotels)

I think I can summaries in one word

Outstanding

Ori Ben Moshe

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank Hapoel1976
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Everything is perfect - location, service, staff, food, etc. etc.
We just spent four nights at this hotel and definitely would love to come back.

You are treated almost like a member of a royal family at this small hotel. It's very cozy, clean, comfortable and very quiet. Not crowded - just 28 rooms, or so. Short walking distance to all major attractions (not to mention the Royal Mews and Buckingham Palace literally across the street).
When I saw it, being listed as #1 at TripAdvisor, I expected it to be good, but it was really exceptional!!

7 Thank SamP59_10
Washington DC
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I jumped a flight from Washington DC to London one evening, leaving behind my husband to tend to the teenagers and decided a two night stay prior to a stay in the English countryside with girlfriends was just what the doctor had ordered. Hotel 41 did not disappoint! It is a small hotel, tucked away and mere steps from Buckingham Palace, The Royal Mews and Victoria Station. Customer service is paramount and the staff were very attentive to my needs, knowing that I was a female traveling alone - an English Rose escaping her American philandering husband. This is a boutique hotel with high accolades from both TripAdvisor and Conde Nast. Yes, the rooms are small, but every detail and amenity are at your fingertips. And if you are looking for peace and quiet, then the hotel will not disappoint, but a full service business style hotel with restaurants and bars it is not.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank immigration
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review.

It is fantastic to read that you had a wonderful stay at the Hotel and found the staff to be courteous and helpful. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to my team. It shows them that their passion and efforts to provide exceptional service are appreciated by those who receive it.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to 41 in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Malcolm Hendry
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel 41 has been ranked as the number 1 hotel in London on TripAdvisor for quite some time. My wife took me there for a birthday surprise on Saturday. I was fully expecting a boutique hotel and quality service, which we received.

The staff are fantastic. The hotel itself has beautiful decor. Yes, it is small, but you only need to do some cursory investigation to realize this. The rooms are quite small, but perfectly functional, the bed is very comfortable.

My criticisms are:

Firstly, and the biggest culprit of all, is the squeaky floorboards. We were in room 4108, I am admittedly a light sleeper and was awoken 3 times by people walking along the corridor, my wife slept fine, she can sleep through almost anything.

The other criticisms are trivial. Such as:

The remote control operation of the Sky doesn't work unless you point it exactly at one particular place. This is because the box is behind the TV, why not install IR extenders?

There was a slightly funky smell in the bathroom. While taking a shower the bath fills, as the drain cannot take the water away at the velocity that the shower supplies. Maybe there is a slight problem with the drain and the smell is standing water?

The toast was cold at breakfast.

On 2 occasions we asked for water with our drinks and did not receive any.

Apart from the floorboard noise, these are minor criticisms, I just wanted to make the management aware.

Overall it is a fabulous hotel. Would I go back? Absolutely, though not until they've screwed those floorboards down tighter!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper check the floorboards outside your room!
8 Thank Julian C
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry that the floorboards in your room were noisy. Being in an old building, unfortunately we do experience a certain amount of noise from the floorboards and these are taken up and re-secured as they are discovered. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I was also sorry to learn that you found your breakfast experience to be a disappointment. We receive so many positive comments on the standard of our breakfasts, that it is very unusual to hear such negative feedback. I have passed your comments on to my Food and Beverage Manager, who are addressing this with their teams.

I hope that the above did not detract too much from an otherwise enjoyable stay and that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to 41 in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Hendry
Morges, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was a short "honey weekend" that we had decided to spend in London after our marriage. As others have mentioned, the staff and service are second to none and the hotel in itself is gorgeous. Everyone was more than welcoming and kind, taking any request and delivering outstanding service. We would like to thank everyone for all their attentiveness!

Breakfast is really REALLY yummy, my favourites are definitely the eggs benedict. I would definitely recommend going for the cooked breakfast, as the options are very varied and delicious every time.

Make sure you get to plunder the pantry one evening as there are plenty of lovely treats on offer.

The room was huge, well appointed (we're so sorry we didn't have time to have a proper bath, in the bathtub) and spotlessly clean. Turndown service every night came with lovely sweets and a suggestion for activities the next day.

All in all a wonderful experience, it did make our stay unforgettable.

What else can I say...I guess I'll see you guys again in December :)

Room Tip: We had a junior suite that was HUGE. Make sure to check out their offers as there are some interesti...
4 Thank Bianca1987
Norley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband just spent the weekend. The food was 5* and we was right in the centre of all the shops and heart of London. Expensive little treat but worth it, Perfect for couples wanting the perfect get away!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple