“Great luxury hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Buckinghamshire
“Great luxury hotel”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

This is a great hotel. The location is fantastic. It is quite easy to miss but once you get inside, you see why it has all the good reviews. The service is excellent and not too fussy. The rooms are very clean and of a high standard.
The lounge has the feel of a members London club. The food was good.
Overal, the hotel is great.

1 Thank Caterham101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Loved my experience and the location of "41". At your arrival you are greeted at the entrance by a smiling friendly host, and then through a charming hallway for check-in where you immediately feel welcome ...
The design of the rooms in classy black and white are of great size and elegantly decorated ... the amenities are wonderful and the plush towels are heated for your convenience. The Lounge is a lovely place for an evening drink or any gathering.

The amazing staff equally contributes in making this hotel a true shining star.
I am not quite sure when i will return to London but i know where i will be staying again !

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank SeeSay
Troy, Alabama
Reviewed 9 April 2010

We spent our last two nights of a four-city tour of southern England at the 41, and I wish we could have stayed longer. Our preference is for the country villages and smaller towns of England, but we could spend weeks in London if we could afford to live all that time at Hotel 41! We had one of the larger rooms on a hallway with only three rooms, so we experienced none of the noise mentioned in earlier reviews. As a matter of fact, our room was like a haven from the cold, rainy city. It was so chilled on our last day that when I went to bed that night, I was rushing--with flannel and socks on--to get under the covers; when I lifted the comforter, which had already been turned down for us, I discovered that some kind soul had prepped our bed with two hot water bottles! Along with the "plunder-the pantry" benefit, the well-stocked minibar, the towel warmer in the bathroom, the ice, olives, and lemon slices for cocktails in the late afternoon, among other amenities, this personal touch of warming the bed on a cold night was over the top and wonderful. Each staff member greeted my husband and me by name whenever they saw us, and we wanted for nothing. This is the loveliest little hotel I've ever seen, and I can't wait to return!

2 Thank mcorkran
Warwckshire
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Excellent traditional English hotel atmosphere. Close to tube and local tourist spots.
We spent (2) nights there. The quality of the hotel and service provided are excellent and have a personal touch.
Highly recommended.

los angeles
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights recently. I was impressed by the service and decor which have been well noted on the reviews on this site. However, our stay was marred by the noise level in this hotel due to the thin walls. Our bed was against the wall that was shared with the hallway and we could hear the footsteps of all the guests/staff outside our bedroom whenever they walked by. This was especially bad in the early morning around 7am as the maids/staff started their morning rounds and would quickly stomp across the hallways, shaking the walls of our room and even the door knocker. My husband and I would so often be woken up by the sound of footsteps that we started taking sleeping pills at night. We did tell the hotel staff one especially loud morning but there's nothing they could really due as this was an acoustical problem rather than a service problem. Funny enough, we couldn't hear any street noise - the noise was strictly due to the sound of footsteps walking across the hallway. Due to number of times my sleep was interrupted, I cannot recommend Hotel 41. It is truly a lovely experience in all regards, except to the noise level. But at the end, all those other redeeming qualities cannot make up for the lack of a good night's sleep.

2 Thank kimberlite8
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, 9 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I appreciate feedback in any form it may come in.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your experience at 41. However, I was most concerned to read that your stay was disrupted by noise and that this also prevented you from sleeping properly at night. I have conveyed your comments to my Resident Manager and his team and have reiterated the need to be mindful of noise levels when moving around the hotel at all times.

I am very sorry that this tainted what was otherwise an impressive hotel stay but thank you for sharing this with us and highlighting an area where perhaps improvement may be found.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Hendry
Denver, CO
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I feel a little redundant writing this review, but you really can't find a better place to stay in London. My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights at the beginning of our honeymoon and couldn't have been happier. Thank you to Andrew and his wonderful staff for making us feel welcome our entire stay! What a wonderful indulgence. The room was perfect, the location excellent, and the lounge was elegant, cosy and comfortable. We felt very lucky to have made the decision to stay at the 41!

2 Thank MMDenver2010
Vancouver
Reviewed 24 March 2010

My wife and I decided to end our 2 week stay in England with a one night stay at the 41 for one last bit of English hospitality. We simply enjoyed every single second we were there from the moment we entered the foyer door to the personal escort to our private car to Heathrow. Our only regret is not simply being able to have spent all of our 2 week stay at 41.

The reviews are correct, outstanding staff and an atmosphere of being home (albeit a very rich and posh relative's home!). Drinks at the executive lounge were somewhat pricy compared to other places around London, but then again, one is also paying for the service and the quiet relaxed atmosphere. Not once did we feel that we were overcharged, and I must commend the server who was on duty the evening we were there (March 22nd). He did a fantastic job and it seemed like he genuinely wanted us to have everything we wanted without being insincere or smarmy as it quite often happens.

Our room itself though not being one of their nicer deluxe rooms or suites was more than adequate and luxurious. The toiletries provided were great, and the turndown with ice/lemon/olives were a great touch. The room was clean, linens were fantastic and the bed was heavenly resulting in one of the best sleeps we had in England which certainly helped prep us for a long flight home.

Even the driver they hired for us to send us to Heathrow was a pleasure and took his job seriously...he mentioned to us a lot of history we found fascinating on the drive there, and also mentioned that the notable people he used to be a driver for.

All in all, if you're looking to stay at an intimate boutique hotel which offers great English luxury in the heart of London you cannot go wrong here. My wife and I will definitely return to the 41 whenever we're next in London.

4 Thank nismoboy