“Another great stay at 41 Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Rutim
“Another great stay at 41 Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

We booked last minute (like an hour before arrival !) as we couldn't face a packed M25 back from a trip to Gatwick. They handled everything beautifully and in particular we rated the Argentinian Manager who recommended Gaucho for steak. The place looked gorgeous for Xmas with lots of lovely free sweet treats..we love this place, it's so intimate compared to larger 5 star hotels.

Keep on doing what you're doing !
bw

1 Thank Rutim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

The trip on the 27th December 2010 was a Christmas present for my girlfirend with a twist. I proposed to her. Now my fiancee.
The hotel was just the perfect place. It has style, luxury, quality, ambience, great position but most importantly, the best most attentive staff that I have ever experienced without being intrusive.
I name only the manager, Andrew, however I refer to all the staff as well. They were excellent and could not have done enough. Andrew himself ensured my evening went superbly without a glitch and for that I am grateful.
I could go on and on however I will leave everyone else to make their own judgement. All I will say is, "you won't regret it!".

2 Thank K-Man62
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

This hotel lived up to all the great reviews and more. The staff were fabulous. Nothing was too much trouble. The lounge was really homely and we spent a number of hours just sat by the fire. The attention to detail was also very good - something you don't find in a larger hotel.

3 Thank SydneyC0uple
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

There is much to recommend this hotel; in particular the fact that in the heart of London there is a fifth floor bijoux hotel situated within a hotel which often felt like a home from home. Throughout, the decor is stylish and elegant; the black and white theme was far from cold or overly-masculine. Our room was snug but cosy and was equipped with everything the discerning individual or couple on either business or leisure would want/need. As most reviewers have noted, the two key selling points of this hotel are the attentive, courteous staff who are efficient and willing to 'go the extra mile' and the seemingly endless supply of complimentary food and drink. The invitation to raid the pantry is a case in point, but I would not advise you to see this as an alternative to a full meal as we had thought. Unless, of course, you really do want a hunk of cheese, bread and cold meats for dinner. Having said that the lounge in which many of these freebies were to be found is a wonderful place in which to hole up. There are not many 'public' spaces in a hotel which manage to feel both warm and homely.
Any other quibbles are just that; the tv did not work in the bathroom but then who is watching tv in the bathroom?
So, would I recommend this to a friend? Very much so and I have done so on a number of occasions already! Will we be going back? I hope so, if only because we are unlikely to find a similar hotel in London.
Thank you Hotel 41, and my partner, for a wonderful place in which to see in the New Year.

3 Thank minimouse10
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

I was taken here by my mother for one night as a birthday present - the staff knew this, but my mother had not suggested the stunning birthday cake in our room on arrival, chocolates or drinks; all complimentary. After noshing the scrummy cake, we went to the glamorous lounge and were served drinks by a friendly impeccably dressed waiter. The staff on arrival to the front desk (once you're on the top floor of the building and in the Hotel 41, not the doorman on the ground floor who was very unhelpful and unfriendly) were lovely! So helpful, anything we wanted! We even rang for them to bring a Nintendo Wii up to the room at about 11pm which was "no trouble at all". The shower was huge, the shower head was lovely, and lovely hot water. The decor throughout the hotel is stunning, with every attention to detail, however the best bit of the entire trip was the GIGANTIC bed. I kid you not, 4 people could have slept in its lovely ironed, smooth, bright white egyptian cotton sheets that were heavy with a beautiful duvet. Gorgeous firm pillows, and so warm. I would describe it as cosy but roomy, which does seem like an oximoron, but you feel snug, whilst having plenty of space. I think this is because of the low ceilings. It's lovely to see a hotel that does go the extra 10 miles, and please, anyone that goes to this beautiful boutique hotel, Plunder their Pantry!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Rosita910
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

My daughter and I stayed at Hotel 41 for two nights on a trip to London last July. We wish we could have stayed longer and will definately stay here when we return. The hotel is small, elegant and specializes in service. The staff is amazing. The rooms are typically small for a London hotel but very well appointed. The lobby is intimate and comfortable and we enjoyed the complimentary food provided as a light snack. The location is good, in a nice section of the city.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Farmermark
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

We stayed two nights in December and must say that this was not up to par. We chose this hotel because it promised that intimate feeling with very attentive staff, but we found the staff to be anything but.

Firstly: The hotel is quite beautiful and has some great fixtures. The lobby is very nice, the room all over good and so was the turndown service at night. We also got some good advice on places to visit during check in.

But we had several problems:
Firstly the staff could not remember us and we were constantly asked for our room number. In a hotel like this I expect the staff to remember me. I had to ask the staff to exchange the cheese on the breakfast buffet because it was old and dry and sweaty. Also I observed staff touch the bread with dirty hands (so disgusting!). When we were showed around the room lots of different aspect were left unmentioned (like how to turn the fireplace off - so I had to call reception in the middle of the night for help!). We wanted pancakes for breakfast - it took them 10 minutes to tell us that they did not have pancakes (dear chef: Pancakes are made with flour, egg, salt, butter and some milk. I'd be happy to teach you. It's simple - really...) Also there were no soy milk and one day no english breakfast. To top it off the shower smelled funky and there were bulges in the carpet.

I believe this hotel has seen both better days and better staff. Too bad - I really wanted to like this hotel, but it's just average. Pricy average.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple