“amazing place to spend”

Ranked #276 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“amazing place to spend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

this is the hotel which u find ur peace. the hotel is location is excellent. I spent with my family in aug for two weeks in this hotel. the rooms were so clean, looks luxury and very gorgeous. Restaurants and the foods were amazing. Staffs were so professional and polit.
we strongly recommended you to visit and I’m 100% sure, you will not regret.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank parvaz2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I spent a night there and was very disapointed.

I think there's a lot of things to know before you consider going there on a good deal. I got a decent deal so I decided to go for it since the location was convenient for me.
My bedroom was in the basement and it was terrible:
1/ no outside light
2/ very close to restaurant which was a problem since they had a private party the same night
3/ Wifi service didn't work in my bedroom, was alright till the door but didn't work in the bedroom. I suppose the router was to far or something like that.

Not to mention the very small & old bathroom.

I highlighted point 2 & 3 before leaving, they didn't seem to care at all.

I wouldn't recommend the place. London is a big city with a lot of good deals and I don't think this one is.

Room Tip: avoid the basement
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank alex655
Shahar R, Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

I thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience.
Your constructive feedback is much appreciated.
I am truly sorry for the trouble caused during your last stay
As we explained you we had a Christmas party in the hotel.
During the party we didn't receive any single complain from rooms next door.
We apologies to you and sent you bottle of wine.
You said that you are fine with that.
You didn't tell us anything from your list mention here as I believe the only issue was the party.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Colonnade hotel London in the future.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

A gorgeous looking hotel, however avoid at all costs for afternoon tea.

We went along with an open mind for our tea date. I have to agree with other users the cheap finger sandwiches were very sad. They consisted of 3 cream cheese and cucumber, 3 egg mayo and 3 ham and cheese.Miniature eclairs, fruit tarts, a tiny piece of a brownie, stale carrot cake not enough cream for our 2 scones, that is just one each.

This was a very poor display of afternoon tea. We had no offers of more of anything. There was no service and we were the only people there, in the basement.

If you want a decent afternoon tea then avoid The Colonnade as it is sad and an unpleasant experience, an altogether an expensive mistake.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank chocolateblonde
Shahar R, Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you suffered during the afternoon tea in my hotel.
After we met and you have told me that you do not like our restaurant decor I couldn't say much.
Some people will like it some do not.
It’s a question of taste.
From our lovely restaurant you can go out to our beautiful garden in front of the hotel.
There are not a lot of hotels that have one.
Please do not say anything awful about the food as you finish the entire tray so how come the food was terrible??
Please check your comments on different hotels all of them terrible how come??
Thank you.
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We stated there prior to a trip out to South America.
We stayed on the top floor and with the lift not working, our heavy suitcases were taken up.
From the time we stepped into the foyer, we were treated very well.
The young person at reception and the young concierge were most helpful and friendly.
The rooms were comfortable and our three night stay was a highlight.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights recently. It's extremely expensive for what you get - room prices are a lot more than at neighbouring hotels. Despite being done up last year, the rooms are nothing to write home about. They can be cramped and not the cleanest. The staff have limited charm. The worst thing about this place is the bar downstairs (which I think is run separately from the hotel). It is an unappealing modern 'space' with too loud music and an uninspiring range of drinks. The food they serve there is absolutely dreadful - all poor prepared re-heated stuff. Don't bother with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank buchanalia
Brum
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed at the Colonnade for just one night on my husband's birthday. I had picked the hotel as I was attracted to the boutique feel and the location. I was after somewhere a little off the beaten track as we were heading into the west end for the Theatre and I had not been able to find any other hotels that looked as nice for the same budget. We were not disappointed.

We stayed in room 26 which had a lovely 4 - poster bed, period furniture (aside from the TV table which needs a bit of TLC) and gorgeous drapes and soft furnishings. Very boutiquey - we also had a lovely little balcony. Great location for Little Venice where we took a wee stroll and very handy for Warwick Avenue tube / bakerloo line - quick and easy to get in to the west end in no time. We also popped into the Prince Alfred pub behind the hotel - quite quirky and worth a visit.

We did not dine at the hotel so can't comment on the food, but we were given complimentary bottled water and a newspaper which were both most welcome - I get a bit grumpy when I see limited tea and coffee in a hotel (some chain hotels could take note!) but we had a lovely selection of herbal and speciality tea in our room. We enjoyed our stay here and would be glad to return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johnfer
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We spent a week at the Colonnade in October. Our room was quiet and nicely decorated. We had breakfast at the hotel a couple of mornings, and while it was good we found it a bit overpriced. You can walk up Clifton Road a few blocks to Raoul's or catch the tube to Paddington for other options. We loved our stay and will definitely return to the Colonnade.

Room Tip: Room 27 was very nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple