“5 Star”

Ranked #279 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“5 Star”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our first visit to this fabulous boutique hotel in a perfect location close to Little Venice with easy access to The City and West End.
The staff are exceptional and a special mention for Danielle for her help and professional manner.
If you are seeking an elegant retreat whilst staying in London we highly recommend The Colonnade.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alchemy2014
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the very positive review about us on Tripadvisor we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.
I will pass your compliments on to Danielle
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Colonnade very soon.
Shahar R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My experience with The Colonnade hotel in London was a disppointment. I arrived in the evening and there was only a single room left - The Cabin Room. At the front desk they warned that the room would be "a bit small and kind of funny". This room was a retro fit closet, about 10ft by 5ft in size with a desk next to a ladder for a mattress resting on a loft above the desk. The room was so small I had to take my suitcase into the hallway to open it. I thought the Candid Camera crew was going to come in for a laugh - nope. There was nothing the hotel could do as this was the only room left. The actual property of the hotel is very nice and I'm sure there are others rooms that are quite nice, but not this one! Be warned. I write this to encourage the Colonnade to warn their customers if they are booking this room. I imagine that this closet/storage area was converted to bring an extra room to the property. At best this is a room for a child who's parents are staying next door.

Room Tip: Be warned of The Cabin Room and refuse to stay there!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank mmirsky
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us on Tripadvisor..
I am sorry that you were so disappointed with the size of your room. I noticed that you booked through Expedia and you said when you arrived there was only a single room available, this was true, but in fact you booked a single room and on the Expedia site it quite clearly states how big our single rooms are, we also advise guests on check in as to the size of the rooms as well as our web site having the sizes of our rooms.
The 'Cabin' is in fact quite popular with a number of our guests because of it's lay out and we quite often have requests for room 19.
Unfortunately on the night you stayed, 11/4/14, we had no other rooms available had you made it known when you were at the hotel that you were disappointed with your accommodation.
We do have much larger rooms available and I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to The Colonnade to restore your faith in us.
Vanersborg, Sweden
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed for three nights at the hotel. We felt welcome as soon as we entered the hotel. The staff was very service minded and did their best to help us. The room was a bit small but as we only should sleep there we didn't mind. It was clean and the bed was good. Location was excellent with just a minutes walk from Warwick Avenue station, as well as the stop for the bus that took us directly to Covent Garden for the evening entertainments. We will come back again, and have no problems in recommending this hotel. An extra praise for Maggie in the reception, she's a lovely representative for the hotel!
Mats and Susanne
Sweden

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mats A
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the lovely review about us on Tripadvisor we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.
I will pass your compliments on to Maggie.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Colonnade soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had booked a voucher for afternoon tea at this hotel and was positively surprised. The hotel looked very nice, and we were shown downstairs to the bar area which was filled with daylight - what a nice surrounding! The waitresses were very friendly and accommodating, we had our afternoon tea served straight away and tea also! and the Afternoon Tea was absolutely delicious, we finished almost all of it! Delicious fresh sandwiches, warm scones, lovely little petit fours and cakes and chocolates, truly wonderful and satisfying! Would definitely recommend this to my friends, as it was good value with the voucher and very easy to find. Waitresses were also asking if we wanted more sandwiches or tea, very kind of them. A great experience!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the great review about us on Tripadvisor and I am delighted you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience at the hotel.
I hope we can welcome you back soon and as you have said please do tell your friends and family about us.
westchester, ny
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have just spent two perfect weeks at the Colonnade Hotel. Everything about my stay was lovely…from my attractively decorated and well equipped room with its most comfortable bed…to the staff….every one of whom I came in contact with was helpful, efficient, friendly and welcoming. I visit London on a regular basis and it is good to know that a place such as the Colonnade exists.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank susan f
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the lovely review about us on Tripadvisor and I am delighted you enjoyed you two week stay so much.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Colonnade on your next visit to London.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

So I booked a travelzoo offer for me and my son just for one night which was a good deal. anyhow changed my booking week before to include my other son....was told over phone they would include single bed in the room...but when we arrived we had been moved to the 'apartment' . This was a 3 storey 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, lounge, kitchen emporium.....exactly to my opulent taste....crystal chandeliers and beautiful drapes.....oh and massive jacuzzi bathroom....We had dinner in the apartment served and delivered by waiters on silver platters and all this with 40% off the regular prices.....
We had full English breakfast on the hotel terrace which was minimal but tasty....coffee is in cafetiere and so rich and tasty. The local area is serene with white fronted houses on boulevard type streets....the hotel is about 200 yards from Warwick avenue tube station. OMG I would most definitely return....nearly forgot about 500 yards away are the canals with lots of barges....it really is very picturesque. Loved it.

Room Tip: If you are staying with family members...ask for the apartment. It's home from home with a separ...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet I
Shahar R, Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotel.
We sincerely hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.
Best regards Shahar R Manager
Dorset
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We really liked the hotel, it's friendly and a bit quirky. Lovely building in a nice area also. We got the impression however that it was a bit of a work in progress. Our sons room was very nice but our 'deluxe' room needed some TLC. Huge stain on floor and some worn and rather tatty areas in the bathroom eg dirty tile grouting etc. Bathroom also rather small for a deluxe. We were not unduly concerned as my wife was only in London for a meeting. I might have been more bothered if I'd booked for a special occasion though. Breakfast OK, but nothing special. The hotel does indeed have a resident cat which followed my son up to his bedroom and curled up on the bed as though she owned the place. We thought this quite hilarious but maybe not all guests would be so forgiving as us? Good but slightly flawed would probably sum it up.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for some of your positive comments.
Had we known you were not happy with your room when you were in the hotel we could have offered you alternative accommodation but unfortunately once you have checked out there is little we can do.
I am aware of the issues with breakfast this arose because the breakfast over the weekends is very busy .
We open our garden for breakfast now so the issue has been resolved.
We sincerely hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.
Best regards Shahar R Manager