“afternoon tea”

Ranked #282 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Wimbledon London
“afternoon tea”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Absolutely delightful afternoon tea on a KGB deal. Fresh sandwiches, more if you wanted and we did. Good selection of cakes including scones, jam and cream. Choices of tea or coffee and an extra pot you so wished.

Lovely location; strolled along the towpath from Warwick Avenue tube station taking in the sights and sounds of Little Venice.

Couldn't fault it. Well done Colonnade.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lbecci
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the lovely review about us on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted that you so enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience.
I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to The Colonnade.
Shahar R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in May and overall I am happy with our stay although I do have minor problems that I didn't expect.

- the room (44) was boiling during our whole stay, the air con didn't do much nor did having the window open, the nice porter came to help and he was very polite and helpful but to no avail, the bed though was one of the comfiest I've ever had and would have made for a perfect nights sleep if it wasn't for the heat.

-upon arrival into the room we found a lot of hair everywhere, on the bed, in the bath on the bathroom floor, this being before we'd even sat down anywhere

- we weren't told when to check out, so this made for confusion when we got knocks at the door from housekeeping waking us up

Other than this, the hotel really is beautiful and the staff are friendly, I would definitely recommend staying here, the room had beautiful decor and amenities and they have really gone the extra mile for your experience, much appreciated.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bethan G
Thank you for taking the time to write the review about us on Tripadvisor.
I have been trying to contact you to discuss the issues you raised.
I'm glad that overall you so enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
It seems the a/c unit we had in your room had developed a fault that we subsequently rectified.
I have spoken with the hotel Housekeeper about the cleanliness issue in your room, the highest standards are expected.
You should have been informed about the check-out time when you checked in, however, it is on our key cards.
I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to The Colonnade and the Little Venice area.
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed for one night. Best nights sleep in ages. Beautiful location and no traffic noise. Will definitely go back. The river cruise didn't start until April so will do that on our next visit. Staff were excellent.

• Stayed March 2014
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review about us on Tripadvisor, I'm glad you so enjoyed your stay and had a great nights sleep.
Sahar R
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Booked 'Afternoon Tea' at this hotel through Groupon for myself & 9 other ladies. Didn't know what to expect as we paid £12.70 a head. Was very pleasently surprised to find the overall experience great. The waitress was friendly and when asked replenished our sandwiches & scones. The scones were especially delicious as came out warm. The other cakes were around bitesize which was ideal as we all were happy to try each one without getting too full and they were all very tasty. The sandwiches also were very fresh & tasty. We happily stayed at our table for 2 hours and not once did we get the impression that they wanted us to move on. The room itself is downstairs from the main entrance and is fairly small but this made it very cosy. Definetly would recommend this plus would go back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We are delighted that you so enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience, the scones you mention are freshly baked.
I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to The Colonnade. Regards Sahar R General Manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here for one night. The location is pleasant and very convenient for the tube. I paid £145 for B&B. The room was supposed to be a club room, but was smaller than I usually stay in for this price bracket and could have been cleaner. There was some cheese on the carpet by the bed which was a bit off-putting and the entire room had a grubby feel to it. Also the bathroom was very small. Two people sharing this room would have felt squashed together.
My main gripe, though, is that the hotel has a cat. This animal is allowed to wander round the reception area, the bar and, most importantly, the room where breakfast is served. From a health and safety point of view I think the cat should not be allowed to linger where food is being prepared and consumed. I shan't return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us on Tripadvisor and I am sorry you were disappointed with your visit.
I regards to the hotel cat Minnie she has been in residence for the best part of 12 years and is part of the fabric as well as character of the hotel. She is very very popular with most of our guests old and new. However I can appreciate your point of view.
London
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We Stayed for three nights over Easter the location is great I stayed at this hotel for some 7 years whilst working in London some 20 years ago the hotel then privately owned little has changed the staff helpful , I have two criticisms the first was the poor breakfast poorly cooked in fact burnt on two mornings when I pointed this out at reception they said they were training a new chef !!!!! the third morning a slight improvement my other criticism was the manor that houskeeping go about their work we stayed in room 12 and on two occasions at 3pm the room was not attended to it was as we left it at 10 am , I would think that houskeeping should have a rosta one day start at the hotel top the next start at the bottom up its then fair for everyone my opinion houskeeping is under staffed I hope the hotel address these matters by the next time we stay

Room Tip: not much of a difference next time I will try a different room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review about us on Tripadvisor and your constructive criticism.
Whilst it is true we were training a new chef it was under the supervision of another chef, I have taken this up with the head chef as all the food that goes out of the kitchen should be of the same high standard.
As to your housekeeping point we would as a rule clean all the departure rooms first so they are ready as soon as possible for arriving guests and then we would move on to the rooms where guests are staying on. On days when we have a lot of departures this will mean getting to the stays a little later, when you return to the hotel on a future stay should you wish your room to be serviced immediately please let reception know and they will be delighted to organise that for you.
I hope we have an early opportunity to welcome you back to The Colonnade
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Me and my partner stayed for the weekend at the end of April. I'd never stayed around this part of London before, but the location was beautiful; I recommend going for a walk around Little Venice. Easy access to tubes and only 10-15 minutes to central London. Initially disappointed with the room when we checked in - I'd booked a Deluxe room (as we were staying the weekend), and the room we were put into was tiny and the lighting poor. After a quick chat to the reception staff (who were incredibly helpful and friendly the entire stay) they soon realised we'd been put into the wrong room. The next room was lovely, spacious and a huge comfortable bed. If you're staying the extra night I do recommend you book the bigger rooms.

Breakfast was included, again friendly staff and good selection of food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review about us on Tripadvisor.
I'm glad you so enjoyed your stay and the area.
I am sorry about the initial confusion with your room but I'm delighted that we were able to sort it, glad the staff were so helpful.
Sahar R